Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    You see Splitty..that' where you're totally wrong. Baylor has the same chance as Miss (or Pissy) St.........0%.

BTW...how's your QB situation looking? He gonna be fine next week or is he out?
    What part about 1 loss vs. 2 loss do you not understand?

Your overrated team is done, no chance to reach the national championship final 4

My team has 1 loss, has a chance, however slim, to reach the national championship final 4.

It's really pretty simple.

And Petty is fine, got knocked out of the game on an illegal hit, will be back next week. Thanks for asking.

Post Count
    Even if Baylor wins next week, TCU will have a better overall resume.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    What part about 1 loss vs. 2 loss do you not understand?

Your overrated team is done, no chance to reach the national championship final 4

My team has 1 loss, has a chance, however slim, to reach the national championship final 4.

It's really pretty simple.

And Petty is fine, got knocked out of the game on an illegal hit, will be back next week. Thanks for asking.
    Well I hope Petty is okay....I certainly don't want anybody (especially a college student/player) to get an injury. I hope he'll be as close to 100% as possible.

Let's look at it this way. Alabama (even if they lose tonight...and beats Mizzou), Oregon (pretty much automatically in), and FSU (also...pretty much a lock) all should be in the Final Four. That's leaves only one spot left (you see....I minored in mathematics).

Who gets it? I'll say TCU. Baylor needed to beat Tech by 30 today....a two point win is almost (key word...almost) as bad as a loss. Baylor needs "style points" and they certainly didn't get any today.

BTW....where is the Baylor vs. KSU game being played at? Is it in Waco?

My Team
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Post Count
    Ahhhh damnit. Why take the ball away from Nick Marshall when he's on fire?

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Well I hope Petty is okay....I certainly don't want anybody (especially a college student/player) to get an injury. I hope he'll be as close to 100% as possible.

Let's look at it this way. Alabama (even if they lose tonight...and beats Mizzou), Oregon (pretty much automatically in), and FSU (also...pretty much a lock) all should be in the Final Four. That's leaves only one spot left (you see....I minored in mathematics).

Who gets it? I'll say TCU. Baylor needed to beat Tech by 30 today....a two point win is almost (key word...almost) as bad as a loss. Baylor needs "style points" and they certainly didn't get any today.

BTW....where is the Baylor vs. KSU game being played at? Is it in Waco?
    KState travels to Waco next Saturday.

If Baylor wins, you're telling me that both TCU and Baylor went through the season with 1 loss each, Baylor won the h2h, but TCU gets the advantage because they beat Minnesota?

O.... K.... not going to happen

And in your diatribe above, you forgot to mention Ohio State. If things play out as they should: Bama wins out, Oregon wins out, FSU wins out, Ohio State wins out, TCU and Baylor win out, my guess is that the playoff overloards don't want to deal with the TCU/Baylor situation and put OSU in the final 4 despite having no quality wins.

Post Count

If Baylor wins, you're telling me that both TCU and Baylor went through the season with 1 loss each, Baylor won the h2h, but TCU gets the advantage because they beat Minnesota?

And in your diatribe above, you forgot to mention Ohio State. If things play out as they should: Bama wins out, Oregon wins out, FSU wins out, Ohio State wins out, TCU and Baylor win out, my guess is that the playoff overloards don't want to deal with the TCU/Baylor situation and put OSU in the final 4 despite having no quality wins.
    Even if Baylor has the h2h, TCU has a better overall resume. Conference championship isn't involved in this playoff. The committee will value TCU's 3 point road loss at Baylor over a 14 point road loss at WV. Plus TCU did beat a pretty good P5 team out of conference where Baylor didn't play one.

Ohio State will probably lose with their QB out.

Post Count
    Oregon is the best team in the country, but FSU should be number one being undefeated even if it is against average teams.

I would have FSU, Oregon, Bama, and TCU in that order.

Post Count
    Boise is on their way to getting that G5 bid.

My Team
    Post Count

Yes....it is going to happen. Then why....right now....is TCU ranked above Baylor? Obviously the playoff committee likes TCU over Baylor (Probably b/c Baylor doesn't know that there are two sides of the football.... D-Fence) Why hasn't the h2h matchup came into play yet? And Baylor's schedule is a ing joke.....that doesn't help either.

And yeah....I agree....if dem Buckeyes win the Big 10 (however; I'm very worried about their QB position now) they'll get in over both TCU and Baylor.

My Team
    Post Count
    Oregon is the best team in the country, but FSU should be number one being undefeated even if it is against average teams.

I would have FSU, Oregon, Bama, and TCU in that order.
    Well...that's one way to put it. As bad as Baylor's schedule is....it's 10x better/harder/more difficult that FSU's.

My Team
    Post Count
    Brent Musburger is the absolute worst commentator in the world. Can someone name one worse?

Post Count
    Well...that's one way to put it. As bad as Baylor's schedule is....it's 10x better/harder/more difficult that FSU's.
    I disagree. FSU still managed to play two teams out of conference who are way better than anyone Baylor played out of conference. Plus, the ACC is a little better overall compared to the Big 12 which is extremely top heavy. After the top 4, WV is above average, but everyone else is below average. ACC has alot more solid teams in the conference. Out of the 14 teams only two are awful in Wake Forest and Syracuse while the Big 12 has TT, ISU, and Kansas as well as Texas and Okie St being average at best.

My Team
    Post Count
    Plus, the ACC is a little better overall compared to the Big 12 which is extremely top heavy.
    Watch out....dem is fighting words around here.

Post Count
    Watch out....dem is fighting words around here.

True words as well. SEC is numnber one, Pac-12 clearly number two, and then its neck and neck between the ACC and Big 12. The Big 12 has 4 really good teams and everyone else who are ok or very bad.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Yes....it is going to happen. Then why....right now....is TCU ranked above Baylor? Obviously the playoff committee likes TCU over Baylor (Probably b/c Baylor doesn't know that there are two sides of the football.... D-Fence) Why hasn't the h2h matchup came into play yet? And Baylor's schedule is a ing joke.....that doesn't help either.
    TCUs schedule is also a joke.

If Baylor beats KState next week, the Overlords of the College Football Playoffs will put them ahead of TCU. H2H matchup is more important than a win over Minnesota. It's pretty simple.

The real controversy is OSU and the hole Big 10 conference.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    True words as well. SEC is numnber one, Pac-12 clearly number two, and then its neck and neck between the ACC and Big 12. The Big 12 has 4 really good teams and everyone else who are ok or very bad.
    ACC

Duke

GTech

Post Count
    GTech could play with anyone in the Big 12. You think Baylor could stop their running game? No way in they could.

Alot of solid teams in that conference and only two bad teams out of 14 compared to the Big 12 which has 3 terrible teams out of 10 only.

My Team
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Post Count
    TCU's commanding win on the road in Texas means that a victory over Iowa State = playoffs.

Post Count
    TCU's commanding win on the road in Texas means that a victory over Iowa State = playoffs.
    I agree. I really think they do control their own destiny regardless if Baylor beats K-State.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    No it doesn't.

Two Big 12 teams have 1 loss

Those 2 teams matched up head-2-head.

One of those team won

That team, deemed the conference champ, goes to the playoffs.

Any other explanation is delusional.

My Team
    Post Count
    Not so fast.....Ohio St. may (even though I don't think it's going to happen) get in with another win.

Post Count
    No it doesn't.

Two Big 12 teams have 1 loss

Those 2 teams matched up head-2-head.

One of those team won

That team, deemed the conference champ, goes to the playoffs.

Any other explanation is delusional.
    H2H and conference champions aren't criteria for these playoffs. Its about getting the top 4 teams just like the NCAA basketball tournament.

TCU has the better overall resume regardless if Baylor wins next week.

Post Count
    And TCU just passes the eye test when compared to Baylor.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    TCU and Baylor actually played each other
    TCU was up big
    TCU choked
    TCU has not claim to anything, conference champ, national champ spot, NOTHING

THEY LOST TO BAYLOR

Post Count
    TCU and Baylor actually played each other
    TCU was up big
    TCU choked
    TCU has not claim to anything, conference champ, national champ spot, NOTHING

THEY LOST TO BAYLOR
    And they're still ranked over Baylor. Why is that?

Thread Information