Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone is for that anymore, CC.
    high rise, low rise, how high is too high?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. Rents Rise Again as Market Tightens

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304887104579304830053269994

In Many Cities, Rent Is Rising Out of Reach of Middle Class

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/15/bu...ttainable.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    high rise, low rise, how high is too high?
    Concentrated housing projects period.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Concentrated housing projects period.
    Stieglitz says the real driver of income inequality is the price of land, real estate, esp in metro areas, which is where the jobs are.

High density is about the only way to address the shortage of affordable housing. You could move all those thugs, they are ALL thugs, right! and their trashy memorials, out to the suburbs and let them take public transport to the city to work. oops, US regional public transport essentially sucks, underfunded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stieglitz says the real driver of income inequality is the price of land, real estate, esp in metro areas, which is where the jobs are.

High density is about the only way to address the shortage of affordable housing. You could move all those thugs, they are ALL thugs, right! and their trashy memorials, out to the suburbs and let them take public transport to the city to work. oops, US regional public transport essentially sucks, underfunded.
    Since when are all the jobs downtown? What alternate universe are YOU living in? If anything, at least in Texas, the urban poor are at a disadvantage in finding work as most of the service jobs are in the suburbs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus the even larger" blacks don't have a chance against the system" message. I have heard that over and over.

And no, Fuzzy, the hopeless welfare ghettos did not exist in the US before the 60's. There was clearly voluntary or involuntary geographic segregation by race and/or immigrant origin and there has always been relative poverty in all races and communities but each had their own vibrant communities that supported entrepreneurship and upward mobility.
    So is babyboutons a proponent of urban high rise housing projects?
    Apparently babyboutons is since he insisted on anklebiting when I said it was a bad idea.
    You are such a coward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cc getting taken to the woodshed in here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No woodshed here. Any responsible minority has the opportunity to join the middle class as a minimum. I refuse to believe blacks are inferior and incapable of upward mobility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whites with less than a high school diploma make more than blacks and latino's with college degrees. hard work can only get you so far in amerikkka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    income =/= wealth

that graph is for households and not individuals, and they only consider the head of the household's education. a big part of wealth is also what your folks left behind. would also like to see how asians stack up in this graph, or other backgrounds in general

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    income =/= wealth

that graph is for households and not individuals, and they only consider the head of the household's education. a big part of wealth is also what your folks left behind. would also like to see how asians stack up in this graph, or other backgrounds in general
    Here's a whole study on it... Asians > whites> blacks

https://www.econ.berkeley.edu/sites/...luo_thesis.pdf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whites with less than a high school diploma make more than blacks and latino's with college degrees. hard work can only get you so far in amerikkka
    I call bull unless the black got a worthless degree in a major nobody wants or needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a whole study on it... Asians > whites> blacks

https://www.econ.berkeley.edu/sites/...luo_thesis.pdf
    Why don't we ever discuss Asian supremacy and discriminated whites

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't we ever discuss Asian supremacy and discriminated whites
    Probably because Asians are a minority. Hard to play the victim card when you're in the majority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably because Asians are a minority. Hard to play the victim card when you're in the majority.
    Tell that to citizens of Ferguson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell that to citizens of Ferguson

Don't be obtuse. Blacks aren't a majority. Ferguson is a suburb dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be obtuse. Blacks aren't a majority. Ferguson is a suburb dude.
    suburbs have their own police departments?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    suburbs have their own police departments?
    What's your point? Are you suggesting blacks aren't a minority? Are Hispanics not in the minority because San Antonio is 60%+ Hispanic?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to play the victim card when you're in the majority.
    It 's SO E Z

Christians have been playing the persecuted card for years. "Christians are persecuted if they are blocked from raping Separation of Church and State, or blocked from imposing their morals, ethics, Biblical fantasies on non-Christians, etc"

white men, too "White men are persecuted because their rights are being given to non-white people and/or, even horribly worse, to any women"

Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-30-2014 at 10:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your point? Are you suggesting blacks aren't a minority? Are Hispanics not in the minority because San Antonio is 60%+ Hispanic?
    Difference is Hispanics have assimilated and pretty much joined the middle class or better. They don't play the race card like the poor pitiful blacks who blame their ignorance on discrimination.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 12-30-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Difference is Hispanics have assimilated and pretty much joined the middle class or better.
    not true, Hispanics are well below white and asian household in income

Hispanics don't play the race card as much as blacks because of extremely different histories, and extremely different levels of racism they encounter.

And of course American Hispanics are mostly ethnic American Indians with Hispanic names, NOT European/Spain Hispanics, which is also true throughout the Americas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    en. Jamilah Nasheed, D-St. Louis, introduced legislation that would alter the state’s use-of-force statute, which became a source of controversy after the grand jury decision was made. She also put forward a bill that would allow the state’s attorney general to investigate officer-involved shootings that result in a death.

And Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal, D-University introduced legislation that would prompt the attorney general to appoint a special prosecutor to look into officer-involved shootings. It’s an idea that’s been embraced by some Republicans — including Rep. Jay Barnes, R-Jefferson City.

“For prosecutors, there’s the additional consideration of future working relationships with law enforcement,” Barnes wrote in one of his newsletters that was released in late August. “Knowing they will have to work with the same or similar law enforcement personnel in the future, a prosecutor may be less inclined to charge appropriately. The same holds true for law enforcement personnel investigating officers within their own police department. Prosecutors and cops are humans just like us. Try as they might, investigating their own generates intractable problems of bias.”

Along with a number of other lawmakers, Chappelle-Nadal wants to prompt police officers to wear body cameras and name tags. She also wants to restrict when they can deploy tear gas.

Earlier this year, Chappelle-Nadal indicated that her legislation was inspired by what she experienced during some particularly violent nights of protests.

“I was tear-gassed for three hours,” Chappelle-Nadal said. “Had I not been there, those folks in that neighborhood wouldn’t have any credibility on what happened. I had my intern with me and I had a young minister with me. And we videotaped it. I was on the phone with Sen. Schmitt. I was on the phone with a friend from high school. They were all trying to calm me down. I couldn’t breathe.”

“You try being tear-gassed for three hours and see how you feel about that,” she added. “I mean, it’s traumatizing. It truly is. And I have a lot of guts. But let me tell you, not that night I didn’t. Not that night.”
    http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/...n-they-deliver

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would you stay in the same place for 3 hours if there is tear gas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hint. Tear gas is the subtle hint that intelligent people understand to mean that the crowd is supposed to disperse from that spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In D.C. last week, an exasperated Police Chief Cathy Lanier said:

“All of these protests that are blocking traffic, it’s pulling police officers out of the neighborhoods that need the police the most. … So how do I prevent homicides and shootings and violent crimes and robberies and burglaries right before the holidays if all my cops are directing traffic around 30 guys that want to be out there at 11 o’clock at night laying in the middle of Chinatown?”
    This gets at the heart of the Buchanan premise: when cops aren't able to be in the neighborhoods, everyone is more at danger of getting murdered. Except it didn't happen.

In the week of Dec. 13 through Dec. 20 — the week when most of these protests happened, dragging MPD away from the neighborhoods — no homicides were reported. Not a single one. Only one homicide happened in D.C. in the two weeks following the grand jury decision to not indict the New York City police officer who killed Eric Garner with a chokehold — police say it happened on a Tuesday morning.

As a NYC cop pointed out to me, on Sept. 11, 2001, there was no upswing in crime. Nor immediately after Hurricane Sandy.

We obviously need police. But if anyone believes that our police, in their large numbers, their liberty to engage, and their military-style arsenals, are the only guards against bedlam, they might be misguided
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/is...rticle/2557964

Thread Information