Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The protesters and the looters aren't the same people. Jesus, dude, keep up...

Seems like he was very specifically addressing potential looters in his speech today and yesterday. Maybe if you read the speech instead of getting your talking points from Breitbart (LOL) you'd feel better about it.
    I'm not going to argue against a claim made by a headline about a speech. I prefer the primary source material.

From yesterday, following the decision:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...erguson-missou

And today... I mean some of this is even in the Breitbart article, though predictably they chose to rile their gullible readers up by focusing on other snippets.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-no...s-in-ferguson/

I mean, really, Breitbart? Your intelligence isn't insulted by that rag? Maybe I've given you too much credit... I thought you were a clever shill but judging by your inability to keep up with the discussion in this thread and your tendency to use sources like Breitbart to support your arguments (despite also claiming you don't trust the media), maybe you really are just a gullible dumbass. Night.

Would have been nice if he would have spoken on Wilson's behalf and said he was sorry for his life being ruined for doing his job and unfortunately being the victim of the race baiting media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ferguson's State of Emergency Proves America's Social Contract Has Been Broken

What Ferguson has made clear, specifically, is that the social contract has been broken. With the expected grand jury non-indictment of Officer Darren Wilson likely to provoke renewed and righteous unrest, we are seeing nothing less than the state proving itself illegitimate.

I mean this in a very particular sense. When the decisions of a justice system are so repugnant to a significant mass of people that the state apparatus expects and must contend with popular unrest, then this political system has lost the grounds on which political legitimacy is based. When, on Monday, Missouri Governor Jay Nixon declared a state of emergency in Ferguson ahead of the grand jury decision, I like to think the ghost of Jean Jacques Rousseau looked on and whispered through the icy Missouri air, "Rise up."

Ferguson police emails reveal 'life is very rough' for officers. Read more here.

Rousseau's The Social Contract does not describe the modern democratic state. Yet the tenets of the 1762 treatise provided the framework by which we came to understand how political legitimacy resides in a democratic government. The social contract is broken, Rousseau stated, when a government does not represent the general will of the sovereign — the sovereign being the people, united — and when justice is not the expression of the general will of the people. And so, in Ferguson, where the National Guard must be called for fear that people will be moved to violence because of the decisions of our justice system, the social contract, it seems, is broken. This, for Rousseau, would be grounds enough for revolution.
    https://news.vice.com/article/fergus...as-been-broken

..............To prepare for injustice is proof enough that it is already the status quo.....black people's lives aren't valued equally .....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    preparing for potential riots = black lives aren't valued equally

ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://m.stlamerican.com/news/local_....html?mode=jqm

its hilarious that people keep regurgitating the same mistakes on different parts of this forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fundamental idea is that you think we shouldn't all be the same under the laws. Some should get preferential treatment, while others do not, as "cir stances warrant".
    All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    compilation of whites being whites

https://imgur.com/gallery/rYd72

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Self hating White piece of . You are worse than Mike Brown

Meanwhile in San Diego. Blacks demonstrate on busy highway this morning. Punches thrown. Guilt stricken American Police with 0 arrests while emergency services, airport flights and work was directly effected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Self hating White piece of . You are worse than Mike Brown

Meanwhile in San Diego. Blacks demonstrate on busy highway this morning. Punches thrown. Guilt stricken American Police with 0 arrests while emergency services, airport flights and work was directly effected

Well if flights and are affected, then its good

That's what Murica deserves tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned in another forum, I currently serve on a grand jury after I was asked to participate after being chosen for a capital murder case in April. Just so everyone knows, any preconceived notions there may be about this case or about the defendant or victim can't be brought into question. I can assure you, when you review evidence in a high profile case, above anything else, you want to get it right because the reality is, a person's life and freedom are in your hands. Anyone who has ever been in that position understands that reality. In the murder trial, even with all of the evidence pointed to the defendant, we wanted to make sure there was no question he committed the crime. We asked question after question to make sure the state gathered everything we asked for. Witness accounts are credible when the match up with the evidence. False witnesses are either discredited quickly or cave in to investigators. When multiple forensic pathologists come to the same conclusion, you have to give credence to the fact, there is no larger conspiracy. Does or has the prosecutor had any influence? No. Is the evidence presented to us in a slanted way? No. Any attorney on this thread would agree, the state wants a conviction. They have to present the evidence and they have to think further, 'how would a defense attorney discredit or insert doubt to any of the evidence?'. I wasn't in the room for the Wilson grand jury but I do not doubt, every person in there wanted to get it right once they saw pictures of the deceased. A new reality kicks in. And there is an over-weighing feeling to bring justice to a homicide than to prove innocence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the hypocrisy is real

when there are one of these public white-on-black killings, a lot of conservative whities point to "lol you never talk about it when a black guy is the killer" almost to justify whats going on

and then the natural response is "why u deflecting from what's going on HERE"

now that we have a largely african-american riot situation, the tables have turned. people posting pictures of white rioters to justify whats going on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned in another forum, I currently serve on a grand jury after I was asked to participate after being chosen for a capital murder case in April. Just so everyone knows, any preconceived notions there may be about this case or about the defendant or victim can't be brought into question. I can assure you, when you review evidence in a high profile case, above anything else, you want to get it right because the reality is, a person's life and freedom are in your hands. Anyone who has ever been in that position understands that reality. In the murder trial, even with all of the evidence pointed to the defendant, we wanted to make sure there was no question he committed the crime. We asked question after question to make sure the state gathered everything we asked for. Witness accounts are credible when the match up with the evidence. False witnesses are either discredited quickly or cave in to investigators. When multiple forensic pathologists come to the same conclusion, you have to give credence to the fact, there is no larger conspiracy. Does or has the prosecutor had any influence? No. Is the evidence presented to us in a slanted way? No. Any attorney on this thread would agree, the state wants a conviction. They have to present the evidence and they have to think further, 'how would a defense attorney discredit or insert doubt to any of the evidence?'. I wasn't in the room for the Wilson grand jury but I do not doubt, every person in there wanted to get it right once they saw pictures of the deceased. A new reality kicks in. And there is an over-weighing feeling to bring justice to a homicide than to prove innocence.
    thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

continuing education

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one of the dudes in the red shirt got dragged the whole way.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if flights and are affected, then its good

That's what Murica deserves tbh
    And, if an unarmed black teen dies in the back of an ambulance stuck in this (or similar) "protest," what does that mean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kudoes to CNN and Don Lemon for asking the right question.

Now, if we could just get the race baiters to answer it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing says " I'm protesting for equal justice for blacks" like looting a liquor store.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.westernjournalism.com/lea...ckson-missouri

Video at the link.

"You've been marching all day long? We haven’t seen you marching all day long. Are you going to pay the bond of those brothers that’s been locked up?" the man asked Jackson.

"Are you marching today with us, or are you just going to sit in the car?" another man said.

"We ain't seen you," the first man said. "When you going to stop selling us out, Jesse? We don’t want you here in St. Louis. When you going to stop selling us out, Jesse?"

Jackson remained silent throughout the ordeal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://m.stlamerican.com/news/local_....html?mode=jqm

its hilarious that people keep regurgitating the same mistakes on different parts of this forum
    That wasn't the same mistake. Do you need me to link the other conflation and compare and contrast for you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wasn't the same mistake. Do you need me to link the other conflation and compare and contrast for you?
    knock yourself out. from my understanding it was the same mistake. both times people are claiming BackStoppers (whose president in McCulloch) was actively fundraising for Wilson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, a mistake nonetheless, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, a mistake nonetheless, right?
    There is one fundraising apparatus. It was used both for the charity the prosecutor was president for and Wilson's defense fund. The mistake before was saying that the prosecutor was head of the fund raiser but we don't know who heads it although it could be him. It's corporate occlusion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is one fundraising apparatus. It was used both for the charity the prosecutor was president for and Wilson's defense fund. The mistake before was saying that the prosecutor was head of the fund raiser but we don't know who heads it although it could be him. It's corporate occlusion.
    So, you're just trying to create the appearance of impropriety. Got it. On the other hand, the man is a Democrat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you're just trying to create the appearance of impropriety. Got it. On the other hand, the man is a Democrat.
    So? I am not interested in party politics and understand that it diverges significantly at the local level especially in a place like MO. Just because I really do not like the GOP does not mean that I don't reject the democratic party too. You don't seem to understand that

That isn't an appearance. They worked for both parties. Frankly a police/DA structure of a municipality should not investigate and prosecute itself as it is by definition a conflict of interest. It is the same as teachers unions not what to be judged on merit.

Thread Information