My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going through Spus forum first page one could think we lost the game but it seems Spurs won 106-100. Pacers are plagued by injuries and Spurs were coached for the first time by European intelligence while Pop was probably opening a Petrus 71.

Spurs shot the ball well, Defense was ok... Spurs made 19 of their 29 FTs shhhh.... more important Manu had his best game of the season, 28 pts in 26 min wow

Spurs are now 10-4 third in a South West Division ing stacked with Menphis 13-2 and Houston 12-3

By reading first page you could also have thought Parker shot a 7-25 kinda game but he took 16 shots converting 8. Manu shot 18 for 10 in, Kawhi 12 for 8 in and Duncan 10 for 7 in... Big 4 doin work taking 56 shots out the 74 of the team at well >.5 clip.

Quiet game for Dany on the offensive end but his defense was stellar at times, Bobo had one of this game when you are like this

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    South West Division is sick. 4 playoff teams plus one near playoff team with huge upside. 3 contender, defending champion.

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Too much Beli tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much Beli tbh
    Beli played 17 min that's not outrageous... Spurs are using a nine players rotation right now with Mills, Cojo, Tiago ou and no pt for errors and daye which is not something I will complain about. So all in all, fortunately we can count on ferrari... he has his flaws on the D end but on the perimeter if paired with Dany or Leonard Spurs can survive.

We need to get some bodies back quick tho

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    We need to get some bodies back quick tho
    this

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Indiana moved the ball exceptionally well and shared the ball. They got some players right now that are not new to this game who played team ball and it showed. So I'm gonna give Vogel big credit for coaching up a mediocre lineup and getting them to play together. This Indiana group has been doing a really good job beating Dallas and Miami then almost taking us out.

Sometimes the opponent plays well but we decide to emphasize what we did wrong instead of what the opponent did well. That was a nice game to watch from a ball movement team play stand point. Some of course would rather watch a curby LA air show, I would rather watch this type of game.

The above being said, our defensive effort was not consistent, especially first half. Understandable. Duncan was our anchor during tough moments, however his movement on D is noticeably slow. Tiago, you are needed, we wait patiently...sort of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Like a lot of teams, Spurs are playing at the level of the opponent sometimes, dat was this kind of game. It should have been a blown out but ended as a close game... we shot the ball better, out rebounded them, tied assists and TOs but somehow Pacers shot 13 more FGAs than Spurs and made it close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looked to me that the Spurs didn't move the ball much in the first half. They were going with a lot of post-ups with Diaw, TD, and Kwahi. Began to move the ball better in the second half and I think Manu had something to do with that. He just took over the offense and willed us to the win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looked to me that the Spurs didn't move the ball much in the first half. They were going with a lot of post-ups with Diaw, TD, and Kwahi. Began to move the ball better in the second half and I think Manu had something to do with that. He just took over the offense and willed us to the win.
    The offense wasn't actually ever the problem. They scored 50 in the first half on a good percentage.

Once they started getting stops, they cut, and then eliminated the Indy lead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pacers are much more entertaining when their star plates aren't on the court.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going through Spus forum first page one could think we lost the game but it seems Spurs won 106-100. Pacers are plagued by injuries and Spurs were coached for the first time by European intelligence while Pop was probably opening a Petrus 71.

Spurs shot the ball well, Defense was ok... Spurs made 19 of their 29 FTs shhhh.... more important Manu had his best game of the season, 28 pts in 26 min wow

Spurs are now 10-4 third in a South West Division ing stacked with Menphis 13-2 and Houston 12-3

By reading first page you could also have thought Parker shot a 7-25 kinda game but he took 16 shots converting 8. Manu shot 18 for 10 in, Kawhi 12 for 8 in and Duncan 10 for 7 in... Big 4 doin work taking 56 shots out the 74 of the team at well >.5 clip.

Quiet game for Dany on the offensive end but his defense was stellar at times, Bobo had one of this game when you are like this

lol WTF Memphis and Houston.

One team shoots 3s like no tomorrow, the other shoots none. But overall still top 2 seeds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indiana made a lot of shots that they normally would miss, it was just one of those games, tbh..

I'm not going to react to a small sample size, because we frequently see teams play better without their best players in short stretches, but the Pacers utilize their athleticism a lot better(Stuckey, Copeland, Solomon Hill, a lot of position-less basketball) when Hibbert isn't out there slowing them down..tough decision for them, going forward..

As for the Spurs, there wasn't anything interesting about this game IMO, the top 4 players carried the team, it was uneventful..Danny Green now has 10 blocks in the past 3 games, though, looks like he's trying to take the throne from Dwyane Wade for best perimeter shot-blocker..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there was really nothing special about this game. Indiana hit some shots that normally wouldn't get in, they used their athletic abilities and moved the ball really well...It would be interesting to see going forward if they would resort back to their slower paced game when hibbert and the rest of the starters return. I've watched them play twice this year and they are a very good passing and transition team..Something that's usually absent with slower teams..

Another day in the office for the spurs..Tim hasn't posted up as much in the last three games and probably for a reason. Manu was amazing, kawhi had a back to back 20 point game..

The more interesting topic to talk about is how the assistant coaches handled the game..I thought Messina was poor in the first half, but he called the shots in the fourth and really handled the pressure really well. The players listened even though it's not pop which is a good sign, just in case pop retires next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green now has 10 blocks in the past 3 games, though, looks like he's trying to take the throne from Dwyane Wade for best perimeter shot-blocker..
    He led the NBA in block shots among guards last season. So this is just more of the same. Danny is also great at altering shots as a weakside help defender. That block he had in the fourth after Tim got beat was awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more interesting topic to talk about is how the assistant coaches handled the game..I thought Messina was poor in the first half, but he called the shots in the fourth and really handled the pressure really well. The players listened even though it's not pop which is a good sign, just in case pop retires next year.
    I agree, I thought he did a good job... he felt comfortable quick and called the plays effectively.

To be fair, Spurs players are probably the most coachable guys of the league which eased a lot Ettore's work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I learned that parker is an asshole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta give Vogel credit. NBA has lots of great thinking minds on the bench this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, hats off to the Pacers. They showed that their win against Dallas the other night was no fluke.
    But in the end, the Spurs were able to turn up the defensive intensity when they had to, while the Pacers predictably had no means of stopping a Spurs team that has guys like Manu, Parker and Kawhi playing well offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He led the NBA in block shots among guards last season. So this is just more of the same. Danny is also great at altering shots as a weakside help defender. That block he had in the fourth after Tim got beat was awesome.
    Seriously. Just incredible. I hope Pop was watching that game. It's why guys like Danny are worth their weight in Gold vs a guy like Beli. Beli just cannot impact the game like Danny can when his shot is off. Also, that first run down block by Danny was not only incredible due to the effort, but that little SOB actually was the one who tipped out the Rebound on the follow up attempt as well.

Danny has flaws. He's not as talented as Klay Thompson, but he's a winner. He does everything that winners do and he's hardened now. He's almost always makes the right decision when its' 1 v 2+ as well. Even if it's not a block or steal, or even if the other team scores, when it's a fast break and Danny is the 1 defender he almost always makes them take/make the most difficult shot possible in that situation. It's really unreal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just take your hats off to a short handed Pacers team. They played a dam good game.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Like a lot of teams, Spurs are playing at the level of the opponent sometimes, dat was this kind of game. It should have been a blown out but ended as a close game... we shot the ball better, out rebounded them, tied assists and TOs but somehow Pacers shot 13 more FGAs than Spurs and made it close.
    1st half the moved they ball well and hit open shots. Good team play. This is exactly what a team should want v. a contested curby fall away or a Lebron bull rush.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a tale of two halves... the defense and intensity just wasn't there in the 1st half, and that was compounded by Indy making all sorts of fluky shots, including the buzzer beater to end the half. In the 2nd half, the defense picked up and as Ettore said post-game, our big 3 really took the reins and led the team to a win.

With the conference and division being so compe ive, it's important to win the games you're supposed to win. Dallas might eventually regret dropping a game to these shorthanded Pacers.

Thread Information