My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty good read over at Forbes IMO..

"6 Crucial Changes The Game Industry (And It's Customers) Must Make in 2015"

#1: Deliver games that work on launch day.

"This may seem obvious. Then again I’m still waiting for Halo: The Master Chief Collection — which released 3 weeks ago — to work properly. The frustration here is palpable, and I’ll wager a guess that it’s at the top of your list as well. There are two valid sides to this argument. One is that the age of connected consoles and a “day one patch” mentality has made game publishers complacent. The other is that it’s often impossible to foresee the technical problems that crop up when millions of people simultaneously enter your world. I get that.

Still, this level of brokenness wouldn’t stand in any other industry. Imagine buying a new KIA and discovering that your brakes don’t quite work as you pull out of the dealership. You don’t rationalize this by saying “I’ll just avoid stoplights and use the e-brake when I pull into the driveway. I’m sure they’ll fix it for me in a few weeks.” No, you immediately stop and demand that the dealer rectifies the problem. In other words, don’t tell me to enjoy a game’s single player portion while I wait for its multiplayer to work properly.

(Sidenote: Most gamers don’t cling daily to sites like HaloWaypoint or the Ubi Blog to notify them of weekly fixes, workarounds, and known issues. Most gamers buy a broken game and are simply confused and angered that it doesn’t work.)

However, the blame can’t rest solely on the publishers. As consumers, we need to push back against these practices. Within hours (and before press was allowed to talk about it), it was obvious that a game like Assassin’s Creed Unity wasn’t ready to be released. Erik Kain argues that it’s a strong case for ins uting video game recalls. He’s right, but as consumers we have the power to implement change. Speaking of that…"

Read More:

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty good read over at Forbes IMO..

"6 Crucial Changes The Game Industry (And It's Customers) Must Make in 2015"

"This may seem obvious. Then again I’m still waiting for Halo: The Master Chief Collection — which released 3 weeks ago — to work properly. The frustration here is palpable, and I’ll wager a guess that it’s at the top of your list as well. There are two valid sides to this argument. One is that the age of connected consoles and a “day one patch” mentality has made game publishers complacent. The other is that it’s often impossible to foresee the technical problems that crop up when millions of people simultaneously enter your world. I get that.

Still, this level of brokenness wouldn’t stand in any other industry. Imagine buying a new KIA and discovering that your brakes don’t quite work as you pull out of the dealership. You don’t rationalize this by saying “I’ll just avoid stoplights and use the e-brake when I pull into the driveway. I’m sure they’ll fix it for me in a few weeks.” No, you immediately stop and demand that the dealer rectifies the problem. In other words, don’t tell me to enjoy a game’s single player portion while I wait for its multiplayer to work properly.

(Sidenote: Most gamers don’t cling daily to sites like HaloWaypoint or the Ubi Blog to notify them of weekly fixes, workarounds, and known issues. Most gamers buy a broken game and are simply confused and angered that it doesn’t work.)

However, the blame can’t rest solely on the publishers. As consumers, we need to push back against these practices. Within hours (and before press was allowed to talk about it), it was obvious that a game like Assassin’s Creed Unity wasn’t ready to be released. Erik Kain argues that it’s a strong case for ins uting video game recalls. He’s right, but as consumers we have the power to implement change. Speaking of that…"

Read More:
    God damn, AC Unity is such a piece of

Can't hit 60 FPS even with dual GTX 970 in SLI and an overclocked i7-4770k.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah..and these idiots already announced the next installment of Assassin's Creed will be in London. They are running that into the ground way harder than Call Of Duty did.

Ubisoft already worried about next year's rush job, they could care less their current "AAA" le is a full priced alpha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah..and these idiots already announced the next installment of Assassin's Creed will be in London. They are running that into the ground way harder than Call Of Duty did.

Ubisoft already worried about next year's rush job, they could care less their current "AAA" le is a full priced alpha.
    Oh well, at least Far Cry 4 is good. I can't on COD though when AW is actually really well optimized when I was expecting another piece of like Ghosts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh well, at least Far Cry 4 is good. I can't on COD though when AW is actually really well optimized when I was expecting another piece of like Ghosts.
    More like it's running on the same tired engine from 2005 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesn't even work a month and a half later

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/...w/7#.VJp0xl4Bg

The Bottom Line

When we were first introduced to Assassin's Creed Unity, many months ago, we had high hopes for this game being a next generation game that would make us want to buy the latest generation of video card. After its release, we feel completely different about this game. This game has the most performance issues, the most graphical glitches, and the most gameplay breaking bugs we have seen in any game release this year.

Congratulations Ubisoft, you win an award, an award for releasing the most games in a year with the most issues. From Watch Dogs, to Assassin's Creed, to Far Cry 4 and several other Ubisoft game's this fall, Ubisoft leads the industry in botched PC games publisig. Ubisoft currently has a very low reputation among gamers. Assassin's Creed Unity is the first game we'd recommend for a recall. Refund gamers’ money and delay this game a year to release this time next year, when it is complete.

If you want the best performance and image quality in this game, you'll need GTX 970 or 980 SLI. Anything less, and you're going to have a bad time. AMD user's, we feel sorry for the disparity in performance, which other game's do not show. For gamers in general, we are sorry you are having so many issues with this game, you are not alone.

Here's looking forward to the next Assassin's Creed Unity patch. As it is, this game is in no condition for us to be using as a game to evaluate video card performance. Sorry Ubisoft, try again. Surely though, if a game is published by Ubisoft, many PC gamers will not, and should not in our opinion, be pre-purchasing, or even purchasing on launch day.

Thread Information