Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    There's nothing wrong with the committee. The Big 12 simply ed themselves over by not having a conference le game.

My Team
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Post Count
    The selection committee is a complete joke. Lets just jump to the championship game (aka BCS game)...

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There's nothing wrong with the committee. The Big 12 simply ed themselves over by not having a conference le game.
    Should be about the teams tbh. TCU deserved to be there on their own merit.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    They're trying too hard to be different. There's no reason why a team should drop 3 spots after winning by 50--but they want to be different so they dropped them anyway. I agree with JMark, the BCS system with a playoff looks like it would've been a much better option.

I do wonder if the Big 12 adds two teams bc of this though.

My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Should be about the teams tbh. TCU deserved to be there on their own merit.
    I agree, but other schools had an extra opportunity to beat a ranked opponent. Meanwhile, each school in the Big 12 is too busy trying to hog the most possible TV money for themselves and then wondering why they got shut out of the playoffs.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Cincy, UConn or UCF seem like the top candidates. Maybe Houston/SMU have a shot if Bevo is ok with another Texas team.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    ing idiots. Who the justifies dropping the best team in the country three spots after winning 55-3? TCU got ed over so bad tbh.
    Say it slowly. They played I-O-W-A S-T-A-T-E.

TCU has their conference to blame. A conference that has a motto of: "One true champion" claimed co-champs.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Say it slowly. They played I-O-W-A S-T-A-T-E.

TCU has their conference to blame. A conference that has a motto of: "One true champion" claimed co-champs.
    Please. Ohio State lost to VT and plays in arguably the worst P5 conference. Sure their last game was tougher than TCU's but that doesn't mean they get the nod bc of it.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    I do wonder if the Big 12 adds two teams bc of this though.
    No....I don't think they will add any new teams to the Big 12. After what happened today....the NCAA will approve the 10 team exemption and allow the Big 12 to have a conference championship game.

But if I'm wrong....and they do add two teams....any guesses who???

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Please. Ohio State lost to VT and plays in arguably the worst P5 conference. Sure their last game was tougher than TCU's but that doesn't mean they get the nod bc of it.
    They got the nod because they did play well on Saturday, but also because the Big 12 screwed itself.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah.

Its much better to have a Conf. Championship against a ty opponent than a conference game against a ty opponent.

We got that from Bama and Ohio St.
    Pure bovine residue...

My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Yeah.

Its much better to have a Conf. Championship against a ty opponent than a conference game against a ty opponent.

We got that from Bama and Ohio St.
    It's all about making that last impression on the committee. Bama and Ohio State played, and dominated, ranked teams. Meanwhile, TCU played ty-ass Iowa State. Baylor actually played a good team, but had realistically already taken themselves out of the conversation with terrible OOC scheduling and that loss to West Virginia anyway.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's all about making that last impression on the committee. Bama and Ohio State played, and dominated, ranked teams. Meanwhile, TCU played ty-ass Iowa State. Baylor actually played a good team, but had realistically already taken themselves out of the conversation with terrible OOC scheduling and that loss to West Virginia anyway.
    Are you saying Alabama played a good team? Look at Missouri's schedule.
    TCU emptied the bench and took knees. They could have made that score 80-3.
    And it turns out that may have mattered.

That last impression is NOT what the committee said it looked at.
    What about that "body of work" phrase?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Are you saying Alabama played a good team? Look at Missouri's schedule.
    TCU emptied the bench and took knees. They could have made that score 80-3.
    And it turns out that may have mattered.

That last impression is NOT what the committee said it looked at.
    What about that "body of work" phrase?
    What about Ohio state OOC. Losing to the only tough opponent, Va Tech, gives you points?

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    On the Iowa State angle...

I understand that TCU played an awful Iowa St. team the last game of the season. But they not only won the game.....they crushed them by 50 points. I mean what more can you ask for? A 60 point win? A 70 point win? A 100 point win? It's a slippery slope when you start running up the score like that. Some people absolutely hate it and "the computers" love it.

What I'm trying to say is every team plays terrible teams throughout the year. Remember Alabama won by 1 point (a missed PAT) at Arkansas. I think a 52 point win by TCU should have been enough to stay in the top 4. I still can't understand how a team that wins that big drops 3 spots.......

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    No....I don't think they will add any new teams to the Big 12. After what happened today....the NCAA will approve the 10 team exemption and allow the Big 12 to have a conference championship game.

But if I'm wrong....and they do add two teams....any guesses who???
    Cincy, UConn or UCF seem like the top candidates. Maybe Houston/SMU have a shot if Bevo is ok with another Texas team.
    ^That's just a guess on my part. I also read a rumor on an AAC board yesterday that it would be Cincy and Memphis, but not sure how legit that is. Personally I don't think Memphis' football program is good enough.

They got the nod because they did play well on Saturday, but also because the Big 12 screwed itself.
    Nah. TCU is too good to be left out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Part of the message is small private school's beware...

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Nah. TCU is too good to be left out.
    Well they did.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Ohio State is 100% in. I'm gonna puke
    I had the same feeling when Hoke was fired. He was a grrreeeat coach for them.

Baylor probably got screwed worse than anyone. Yes, they had weak OOC scheduling. But they won the Big 12 outright and still got named Co-champs with a team they beat. So they cant claim an outright championship. And that West Virginia loss isn't as bad as people make it out to be. WV was a very good team at home this year and hung in there with Bama when they played.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Baylor probably got screwed worse than anyone. Yes, they had weak OOC scheduling. But they won the Big 12 outright and still got named Co-champs with a team they beat. So they cant claim an outright championship. And that West Virginia loss isn't as bad as people make it out to be. WV was a very good team at home this year and hung in there with Bama when they played.
    You realize the B12 itself named them co-champs, right?

You realize the B12 itself named them co-champs, right?
    Yeah, i do. It was re ed and made no sense.

Post Count
    I'm ok with the teams getting in though TCU could have been a legitimate case. Baylor should really never been considered.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    Committee screwed up by putting TCU @ #3 last week. How do they fall two spots after trouncing Iowa State?

36/7/7
    My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    I had the same feeling when Hoke was fired. He was a grrreeeat coach for them.
    Two words.

Richard. Rodriguez.

Thread Information