Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't notice any less legroom in my experience. Seemed to be the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I took a quick walk around the first and second levels before the game so here's a 2cents review:

-Seats are more durable but slightly less comfy. I imagine they will wear better. The cup holders on the lower bowl seats are nice and probably contribute to the less leg room perceived. In the upper bowl the seats are more upright and probably add at best 1/2" more space to the seat in front. There are fold down arms that were still missing the top cover. If you're tall (or think you are) you just have to deal with the leg room issue. It's the law of averages. If your fat, lose some pounds. There was a big 'ole woman up a few rows from me. And I mean hanging skin HUGE, wolfing down extreme nachos. I imagine the seat arms wouldn't go down but she managed. The boyfriend was skinny so again I guess it's the law of averages.....

-The light board is nice. Very crisp picture. On a wide shot the players appear to be the same size or slightly bigger than they actually are on court below. Stats and box score show up real nice. It's not necessarily an impressive piece of infrastructure but the screen quality makes up for it.

- Where the ambience fails is in the lighting. New LED fixtures illuminate everything perfectly for video and broadcasting or for taking a photo. Everything is crisper and well defined. But in person as a user experience it feels like you're in the stock room of a cheap furniture store. Light temperature is a cooler 6000K to 7000K as opposed to a warmer 3000K. Concrete looks awful in cooler temperature lighting. Like a gas station.

-The concourse and concession areas are slicker and give the appearance of more space. The new bar areas are really cool and hip. Graphics are nice. More Spurs wall hangings, please. In some places there really is more space. Mostly the east and west ends. The fan shop is nice but crowded as always. Didn't make it down to the lowest level concession. On the second floors they have a few bars that open onto the arena which is nice. I didn't go outside to the west entry patio to see what they did there. The east entry main lobby is nice but where the are the trophies?! Maybe I missed them. 90% of the walls are now white. With most of the colored walls gone it will look dirtier quicker. Lighting in the 2nd floor concourse seem to work better than the 1st floor concourse since the light fixtures were nicer. The only thing is the floors. Without the colored walls some of the terrazzo looks awful and doesn't make sense. Probably ran out of $$$.

Didn't eat there this time but the beer is still good. The new brand of peanuts suck. Get Ricos back.

The nuts is there are some things that work great and some that just don't.

Overall grade: B

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a little tight. Nicer seats though. Seemed about the same as before space wise. If you're sitting next to a couple of big fat boys it's going to be an issue. They didn't have any of the stats on the big screen the first half. The concessions were half finished. A work in progress. The new metal detectors are an improvement.
    wifey actually commented on the less legroom she perceived.

I was too busy being annoyed by the cupholders and the really strange position they seem to be in...
    If i remember, they were like on our forearms

I took a quick walk around the first and second levels before the game so here's a 2cents review:

-Seats are more durable but slightly less comfy. I imagine they will wear better. The cup holders on the lower bowl seats are nice and probably contribute to the less leg room perceived. In the upper bowl the seats are more upright and probably add at best 1/2" more space to the seat in front. There are fold down arms that were still missing the top cover. If you're tall (or think you are) you just have to deal with the leg room issue. It's the law of averages. If your fat, lose some pounds. There was a big 'ole woman up a few rows from me. And I mean hanging skin HUGE, wolfing down extreme nachos. I imagine the seat arms wouldn't go down but she managed. The boyfriend was skinny so again I guess it's the law of averages.....

-The light board is nice. Very crisp picture. On a wide shot the players appear to be the same size or slightly bigger than they actually are on court below. Stats and box score show up real nice. It's not necessarily an impressive piece of infrastructure but the screen quality makes up for it.

- Where the ambience fails is in the lighting. New LED fixtures illuminate everything perfectly for video and broadcasting or for taking a photo. Everything is crisper and well defined. But in person as a user experience it feels like you're in the stock room of a cheap furniture store. Light temperature is a cooler 6000K to 7000K as opposed to a warmer 3000K. Concrete looks awful in cooler temperature lighting. Like a gas station.

-The concourse and concession areas are slicker and give the appearance of more space. The new bar areas are really cool and hip. Graphics are nice. More Spurs wall hangings, please. In some places there really is more space. Mostly the east and west ends. The fan shop is nice but crowded as always. Didn't make it down to the lowest level concession. On the second floors they have a few bars that open onto the arena which is nice. I didn't go outside to the west entry patio to see what they did there. The east entry main lobby is nice but where the are the trophies?! Maybe I missed them. 90% of the walls are now white. With most of the colored walls gone it will look dirtier quicker. Lighting in the 2nd floor concourse seem to work better than the 1st floor concourse since the light fixtures were nicer. The only thing is the floors. Without the colored walls some of the terrazzo looks awful and doesn't make sense. Probably ran out of $$$.

Didn't eat there this time but the beer is still good. The new brand of peanuts suck. Get Ricos back.

The nuts is there are some things that work great and some that just don't.

Overall grade: B
    I didnt go up to the balcony but the bottom bowl is where we sit & the seats had ZERO leg room! The lighting was strange as you pointed out. Everything was white bright, wierd from before! Didnt feel like a Pro game. The Video Board was great & actually, perfect size!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a very simple, straightforward situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this area new?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i remember, they were like on our forearms
    sounds about right, not sure what genius was behind that design.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After reading everyone's posts it seems like the best place to watch the game remains on the tube.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...Where the ambience fails is in the lighting. New LED fixtures illuminate everything perfectly for video and broadcasting or for taking a photo. Everything is crisper and well defined. But in person as a user experience it feels like you're in the stock room of a cheap furniture store. Light temperature is a cooler 6000K to 7000K as opposed to a warmer 3000K. Concrete looks awful in cooler temperature lighting. Like a gas station...
    I get exactly what you're saying. I felt the same when the Administration changed all the Lobby 4300K lighting to 6000K leds in my complex building, including the elevators. I understand the end of it is to save money on lighting, but aesthetically the white light looks really weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white light

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After reading everyone's posts it seems like the best place to watch the game remains on the tube.
    Nah, live is best! Nothing replaces it.

Rule #1 - Message boards are 90% chronic ing

I get exactly what you're saying. I felt the same when the Administration changed all the Lobby 4300K lighting to 6000K leds in my complex building, including the elevators. I understand the end of it is to save money on lighting, but aesthetically the white light looks really weird.
    They should hand out color corrective glasses
    Last edited by gameFACE; 10-20-2015 at 10:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shots fired

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thoughts
    *Seats were a little bit more comfy, but if you have a fat guy sitting next to you then you are screwed...
    *They did new signs at the concessions and paint job all over the arena. You can still smell the paint....
    *Scoreboard was nice and sound system was louder...
    *New restaurants had a nice selection for fat people who always need to stuff their faces

100 mil wasted.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed way too bright..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be interesting to see how it all comes out on TV.
    I kinda liked the certain darkness of the AT&T on TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching some of the preseason highlights on YouTube, everything seems so much brighter. Although it's nice to see more details on the court, it looks kind of bland, and overall, just visually unpleasant. I wish they'd dimmed the lights for the crowd and just have warmer lights on the court. The Lakers, Knicks, and Nets do this and it gives a nice, dramatic, sort of theatrical effect. Like the court is the main attraction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good post ^

100% agree there.
    Being pre season, hopefully they're working on things still.
    Also keen to see how the proper TV networks display it all, and how it looks when full and what not.

Im feeling the bland thing, and I really think its just the white and extra lights....and maybe lack of crowd/atmosphere a bit too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Went to the game last night. As others mentioned it was kind of bright, but it did seem to make everything clearer, like everything was in HD. The scoreboard is nice...huge! Nice sound system, I honestly don't know if they did this in the past or if the sound system just made it more noticeable, but they played a different song every time the Spurs came down the court. I like music here and there, but sometimes I just like to hear the sounds of the court. It also seemed as if it was preseason for the "big screen" games. They had the regular "kiss cam" and the kid's dance off, but also had others I hadn't seen in the past. Overall, I like the changes, they just need to fine tune some things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also too bad they didnt get a real DJ in part of this upgrade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Initial reviews, mixed. From "Pounding the Rock:''

It's like a major theater production on Broadway is about to open and all the stage crew knows they're totally understaffed and behind deadline, the actors have a notion disaster is imminent but don't want to sound like drama queens by complaining this early and the director is gulping Xanax like they're M&Ms because it's all about to come crashing down on his head.
    And . . .

The televisions here don't work, the room where Gregg Popovich gets interviewed is overflowing with doodads yet to be installed, so now he's being asked questions in this claustrophobic scrum the size of a New York City studio apartment and there's this general feeling of haphazardness and cramming is in the air.
    http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/...sters-struggle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously the arena music when the Spurs are on offense is terrible and outdated from even the Alamodome days . Every time they play that Jessica Simpson song I squirm . During the timeout's the DJ near the baseline bums plays terrible remixes that he tries to include popular spanish songs with, that I actually enjoy but not when they are being remixed with modern day horrible rap/hip hop/r&b songs. Hopefully they get rid of him next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs in game music has always been over done. They play something different and distracting every damn time the court. It's blaring and come through the TV speakers way too much.

It would he great if the went the classic route like LA and NY with just an organ to give themselves that separation from all the other guys.

And I wish they wouldn't play anything sometimes to let the game breathe and the drama speak for itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea dj quake is pretty ing awful, I've always wondered how he got the gig for the Spurs. Not only does he suck he looks like a ing loser to top it off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would be dumb if they don't dim down the lights, tbh..As some have said, both TV/live experience have been worse from viewing perspective..It should be "theatric" effect-wise when it comes to the court as the main attraction..who cares if i will be able spot fastos munching on their churros..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea dj quake is pretty ing awful, I've always wondered how he got the gig for the Spurs. Not only does he suck he looks like a ing loser to top it off
    i really need to start trolling him more during games when he asks for requests.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like they have dimmed the lights a bit for the final pre-season game--not full theater mode but far better..Hopefully at least it says like this

Thread Information