They need to add crowd mics like OKC and the Oracle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some other renderings I found:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like to see some fat people seats like at the weight loss clinic, then my wife and I would only have to have one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Complete with remote control for heating system and remote-activated snake dispensers for visiting team lockers (remote to be presented to Pop, of course)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like to see some fat people seats like at the weight loss clinic, then my wife and I would only have to have one.
    A Gallup poll I saw recently listed SA as 2nd-fattest city in U.S. (Memphis being 1st) so that would make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh for sake, more "San Antonio culture"?

Guess we can expect more fiesta colors and confetti around ever corner. Tired of that .
    I remember when the Spurs official colors included teal ...and maybe magenta or something. Wonder if that's ever coming back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should consider using the $101 mil to put wheels under the arena and roll it out of the ghetto
    I remember they did that to a hotel downtown...just rolled it down the street.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spending .1 billion on a 12 year old building when the surrounding 5 mile radius is Satan's two lane hole
    Which reminds me: is that Splashtown operational? Always looks empty (and if not now, when? The heat...).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy was about to post this exact thing word for word. I will never get over how half baked the idea building it there was. It's one thing if they actually, you know, had a developer committed to you know, developing the area. You don't reverse urban decay just by plopping down an arena, dumb s.

If we ever get an NFL team they'll build a stadium in Kirby.
    Kirby...my first hood. That's hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like ol Nelson Wolff had a hand in it.

In "Transforming San Antonio" Wolff gives an insider's view on signature economic-development projects with which he was involved: the AT&T Center...

Way to develop those economics, Nelson.
    The Wolff of Y'all Street

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember they did that to a hotel downtown...just rolled it down the street.
    Yeah, they're not doing that with this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe when it's time for a new stadium they will be smart enough to build it on the northside. Preferably put a plaza area with restaurants and bars around it similar to what American Airlines Center in Dallas has done. Its nice when I go to Stars games there to be able to go to bars and restaurants afterwards. Not walk out to the hole that is the east side.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt that will ever happen Kingslayer. SA always seems to think if they build in a hole it will somehow magically make the hole become a nice place.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt that will ever happen Kingslayer. SA always seems to think if they build in a hole it will somehow magically make the hole become a nice place.
    In fairness to Wolff and the County Commissioners, the plan was never to build the AT&T Center out where it is. The plan was to put it in the South Lot of the Alamodome. But the Howard Peak council crapped the bed and tried to bring back the half cent sales tax with only a quarter of the money going to the basketball stadium and the other 3/4ths going to pork barrel projects in the individual council districts. I was working in the city finance department at the time we had to run the numbers on the tax revenues and the investments before the city made the offer to the Spurs. When I saw it I knew the Spurs were going to roll their eyes and say no way.

The Spurs saw the proposition and realized it was a piece of crap and wouldn't even take it to the voters. They said, these assholes, we're going to Baltimore.

That's the county rode to the rescue and put together the deal for the county property by the Coliseum. Not ideal at all. But the Spurs stayed and have won four les in thirteen years so far. Hard to imagine they'll ever leave now.

When a new stadium is needed (2025-2030 or so) I'm sure it will be downtown.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=ElKingslayer2;8171857]Maybe when it's time for a new stadium they will be smart enough to build it on the northside. Preferably put a plaza area with restaurants and bars around it similar to what American Airlines Center in Dallas has done. Its nice when I go to Stars games there to be able to go to bars and restaurants afterwards. Not walk out to the hole that is the east side.[/QUOTE

ATT center is hemmed in on all 4 sides by immutable stuff. Just too far down East Houston street to close the gap with the night life down town.

Easy to see locating ATT center was a huge mistake, an opportunity missed to expand downtown activity and nightlife.

btw, TPR had a couple programs this week about the inadequacy of the SA airport, with ATT listing SA's bad air connections as one reason for moving to Dallas.

One SA lady said she saved $2400 flying 4 people to Paris from Austin instead of from SA, with plane tickets from SA being higher to lots of destination, and very few direct flights to major corporate cities.

http://tpr.org/post/growing-pains-ca...irport-compete

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=boutons_deux;8171902]
    Maybe when it's time for a new stadium they will be smart enough to build it on the northside. Preferably put a plaza area with restaurants and bars around it similar to what American Airlines Center in Dallas has done. Its nice when I go to Stars games there to be able to go to bars and restaurants afterwards. Not walk out to the hole that is the east side.[/QUOTEATT center is hemmed in on all 4 sides by immutable stuff. Just too far down East Houston street to close the gap with the night life down town.Easy to see locating ATT center was a huge mistake, an opportunity missed to expand downtown activity and nightlife.btw, TPR had a couple programs this week about the inadequacy of the SA airport, with ATT listing SA's bad air connections as one reason for moving to Dallas. One SA lady said she saved $2400 flying 4 people to Paris from Austin instead of from SA, with plane tickets from SA being higher to lots of destination, and very few direct flights to major corporate cities. http://tpr.org/post/growing-pains-ca...irport-compete

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When a new stadium is needed (2025-2030 or so) I'm sure it will be downtown.
    Where downtown though? I mean I would be all for that, but where is there the room for it there?

The northisde makes far more sense in that there is an area to put it. I feel like somewhere off of 281 or 35 near 1604 would be good placement and is realistic.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where downtown though? I mean I would be all for that, but where is there the room for it there?

The northisde makes far more sense in that there is an area to put it. I feel like somewhere off of 281 or 35 near 1604 would be good placement and is realistic.
    Many cities typically have effectively dead downtown space. You'd be surprised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fox tech. The whole northwest part of downtown just past the Weston center is ripe for redevelopment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

By that time, they'll tear down the nearly 40 YO Alamodome.

Far Northside makes no sense. Detroit made that error in the 70s, moving the Lions WAY the out to Pontiac. They're now back downtown, where sports franchises belong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to hear how this goes over with the forum nazi's

http://www.kens5.com/story/news/loca...ents/20167713/
    man i thought you were joking!typical

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KSAT 12 reporting spurs will play 20 games at the Joe and Harry Freeman coliseum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KSAT 12 reporting spurs will play 20 games at the Joe and Harry Freeman coliseum
    Yeah, that last picture, I was thinking "How the are they going to be ready in October?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By that time, they'll tear down the nearly 40 YO Alamodome.

Far Northside makes no sense. Detroit made that error in the 70s, moving the Lions WAY the out to Pontiac. They're now back downtown, where sports franchises belong.
    Far northisde makes more sense than the ing east side. Northside of San Antonio is pretty populated and lots of expansion going on there. Its still in San Antonio not like its a whole new city like with Detroit. Most of the richer people in San Antonio live on the north side, would make the game more accessible to them imo. Would also make it easier for people coming down from Austin for the game.

Downtown is obviously preferable, but northisde isn't a terrible option by any means. I do like Drachens idea of Fox Tech area.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    105 million nowadays all you can do is change the light bulbs.

Thread Information