Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude is a veteran who can shoot lights out, play decent defense and should probably be our 4th wing considering what we've got currently. Anyone have a good clue on his status/chances to make the opening day roster?

I know these spots are filled (in rough order of importance to the team):

- Duncan
    - Aldridge
    - Leonard
    - Parker
    - Ginobili
    - Green
    - Mills
    - Diaw
    - West
    - Marjanovic
    - McCallum
    - Bonner
    - Anderson (unfortunately)

Is Simmons guaranteed as well?
    Will Fredette be cut?
    Is there anyone else to consider?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler has been playing as a stretch 4 (Bonner's role), so your hope that he bumps Anderson is misguided.

Simmons guaranteed for 1 year, has not played well, has shot poorly and looked hesitant to shoot. He hustles on defense though and has been a good passer when he doesn't try to do too much, or dribble into traffic. I personally think he stays, but TBH he has looked very bad at times.

Fredette, unknown, has the longest thread dedicated to him, so no need to say anything about him other than he's still around and has not been cut.

Reggie Williams has gotten an extended look, can shoot the 3, but can't defend at all. I think he's gone, but who knows?

Ndoye, an athletic big center. Has shown potential on defense, but is very undeveloped offensively. He's a project with potential if he can improve in some areas. I like him, but we already have Boban as a project center, so I think he's gone.

None of the other guys are worth a second look.

Cuts should be incoming, per Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler has been playing as a stretch 4 (Bonner's role), so your hope that he bumps Anderson is misguided.

Simmons guaranteed for 1 year, has not played well, has shot poorly and looked hesitant to shoot. He hustles on defense though and has been a good passer when he doesn't try to do too much, or dribble into traffic. I personally think he stays, but TBH he has looked very bad at times.

Fredette, unknown, has the longest thread dedicated to him, so no need to say anything about him other than he's still around and has not been cut.

Reggie Williams has gotten an extended look, can shoot the 3, but can't defend at all. I think he's gone, but who knows?

Ndoye, an athletic big center. Has shown potential on defense, but is very undeveloped offensively. He's a project with potential if he can improve in some areas. I like him, but we already have Boban as a project center, so I think he's gone.

We have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overkill already at the 4 position even if you exclude Bonner, so that's out. He's a natural 3 and he's played the swingman position most of his career, so that's what's most likely tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler will make the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Bonner off already.
    This kunt knows he's not fit and he's keeping a better person out, what a ing dog of a bloke he's becoming.
    Put some more ice on ya calves ya red nuts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ndoye along with Sykes is likely Austin-bound next month. It'll be interesting to see him and Cady develop together in the d-league.
    Last edited by Chinook; 10-18-2015 at 05:31 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My girl with that in depth analysis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last spot on the roster is Butler's to lose.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Bonner off already.
    This kunt knows he's not fit and he's keeping a better person out, what a ing dog of a bloke he's becoming.
    Put some more ice on ya calves ya red nuts
    Well said

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What else does Butler have to do to lose it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler should make the team based on his hustle, heart and vet leadership...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he has a positive A/TO ratio. A PG in the rotation has a 1:4...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think hes the only one w a NG that will!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Bonner off already.
    I love this post.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, he won't be on the team by the end of the year. Spurs will be buyers when the rash of mediocre talented players get bought out at the end of the year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's more about fitting him (Butler) in with the second unit rather than his intended role. I seriously doubt that he will play there in the regular season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think hes the only one w a NG that will!
    Agreed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's more about fitting him (Butler) in with the second unit rather than his intended role. I seriously doubt that he will play there in the regular season.
    this, Butler is a career SWINGMAN. That means, for those of you that don't know basketball, an oscillation between the 2 and 3. He's always been more of a 3 than a 2, and some guy from PTR noted that his game is quite similar to Belinelli's without the finessey flash and Butler is also a better defender for his career. If he can shoot, make free throws, defend adequately and not try to do too much on offense himself, he'll be a great fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he should make the team based off still being able to knockdown the open three. Even in spot minutes we could use his shooting when others are cold. It should be noted that Kyle Anderson and Jonathan Simmons both aren't really three point shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is possible, specially if we consider that Kawhi already commands most minutes at the 3, and behind him is Kyle, who they want to get as ready as possible for the season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is possible, specially if we consider that Kawhi already commands most minutes at the 3, and behind him is Kyle, who they want to get as ready as possible for the season.
    Danny should also see his minutes increased with Beli gone. To me that just means that Butler will not get any regular minutes. He's injury/foul trouble/everybody else is cold-insurance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he should make the team based off still being able to knockdown the open three. Even in spot minutes we could use his shooting when others are cold. It should be noted that Kyle Anderson and Jonathan Simmons both aren't really three point shooters.
    EXACTLY why they should both ride the pine outside of nuclear garbage time. We need 3 & D from the backup 3 position, NOT ball stoppers that are below average at making plays and getting to the basket. From the bench, we have Manu for that. I guess Anderson should get the backup 2 ("point swingman") role whenever Manu isn't playing due to rest or (god forbid) injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler looks great out there.

it's his spot to lose IMO

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fairly sure that Butler makes the roster while they find out if Simmons' struggles are temporary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Butler's 3 point shooting is anything better than KA.

Thread Information