Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    No Football on CBS in Texas bc of the Texans. Not like anybody outside of Houston gives a about that ty ass franchise.

If anybody finds a good stream PM me tbh.
    lol no more hype around Johnny Bench

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Johnny getting W today, vs pocket passing version of Cam Newton.
    No way

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I wonder how Football is going to take that first tackle from Luke K.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    No Football on CBS in Texas bc of the Texans. Not like anybody outside of Houston gives a about that ty ass franchise.

Watch NFL Redzone. They showed every Johnny Football play last week...and I don't see it being any different this week.

Redzone is the tbh...

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

People are a little squeamish this time of year (holidays and all), and chances are the clowns at CBS would rather not nationally televise Johnny Midget's terrible QB play and pending spinal cord injury.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Watch NFL Redzone. They showed every Johnny Football play last week...and I don't see it being any different this week.

Redzone is the tbh...
    Really lame you don't get it on directv unless you have the NFL package.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Damn I don't have Redzone. Hopefully NFL Network provides some coverage.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Really lame you don't get it on directv unless you have the NFL package.
    Redzone is free on the basic comcast/Xfinity package...

However; I don't recommend comcast to anyone.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Redzone is free on the basic comcast/Xfinity package...

However; I don't recommend comcast to anyone.
    I had u verse for a while, red zone was awesome. Switched to directv and while the pic quality is amazing it was disappointing to not have red zone while having NFL network. Don't have any cable now and happier not paying for it tbh

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    The answer to that question is that he got injured

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    (1:49) Brian Hoyer incomplete pass to the right intended for Andrew Hawkins.
    Time Out
    (1:49) Cleveland TIMEOUT.
    1st&10 at Cle 20
    (1:54) Johnny Manziel rush to the left for a loss of 1 yard to the Cle19. Tackled by Luke Kuechly and Colin Jones.

not good

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Johnny Inbred time is here....

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    That's pretty funny. Hope Football's hammy is ok tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Little guy running around as much as he does isn't gna stay healthy

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    On a third down and long play, on their first drive, little Johnny could not outrun a 300 lb defensive lineman to the first down marker. Later in the game, little Johnny was again chased down and this time apparently hurt his hamstring. Just goes to show you that the bull he could get away with in college won't fly in the NFL.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    from another forum...

Anyone who had anything to do with that pick should be fired on the spot. Not just anyone who said "lets trade up for Manziel" but anyone who remained silent instead of shouting "NOOOOOO!!!!!" at the top of their lungs.

I never actually saw addressed any of the arguments against Manziel. He was hyped based on celebrity. Those who argued he was the best qb (especially that old TMZSPN fool) made vague arguments about how Manziel would succeed because he was just that awessome that he would always succeed at everything. Some allusions to intangible factors like magic. Numbers showing his effectiveness in college.

But the points about him having no pocket presence, running too often, about running qbs not working in the NFL, about him throwing the ball up and hoping Evans catches it, about the NFL being too fast and too hard and him to small and too slow, were never actually addressed. There were no answers. Imagined fairy dust clearly would not be able to completely cover all these problems.

And I never thought that people whose jobs are to pick players for an NFL team worth hundreds of millions of dollars, with millions of fans, would pick a player without answering any of those doubts.
    If you are spending 3 months watching tape after tape, meeting the players, discussing it with all your colleagues in the team, then I don't understand how you can spend (late) 1st and 3rd round picks on a quarterback unless you are pretty sure he is going to be good.

Ever since the moment they drafted him its been clear they did not have that in Cleveland, that there were people who didn't want to spend a 1st on him but for one reason or another didn't speak their mind. That there wasn't no secret magic to Manziel that only Cleveland knew about.

I understand any player can be a bust. I understand there are players which coming out of college divide opinion on how good they can be. I understand that people can bust even if they look good. And in those cases a team might take a player becuase they see all the positives and think he can be a good player but it just doesn't turn out.

But sometimes, as in this case, people take a player despite knowing that they don't have many positives, and simply hoping and praying that they will getlucky and it will work.

With Manziel it was the latter. Watching and reading all the pre draft scouting reports and discussions and talks, I never heard people put forward solid arguments as to how his game would transition to the NFL.

Its shocking that a multi million dollar organization can show that level of incompetence. Its really not that hard. I know far less about American Football than 99% of posters here, been watching it far less, and knew little to nothing about the prospects in the draft besides the top 20 or so names, but I'm pretty sure that I could have had a better draft than the 1 billion dollar worth Cleveland team put together this year, simply by making sure picks are based entirely on potential and not on hype, planning for every scenario, making sure there is agreement within the team, forcing everyone to put forward real, tangible arguments as to why each player will be good. etc.

I do not believe Cleveland had some secret information about Manziel that no one in the media or on the 20 NFL teams that passed on him, had, that led them to believe he would succeed. They knew as much as everyone else, but took him anyway for the same reason Manziel threw that ball up for his 2nd interception against Cincinati, for the same reason a degenerate gambler bets his mortgage on a game of chance. Hoping everything will be all right.

Their decision to trade the 5th rounder to trade up 1 spot for Gilbert who Minnesota were not likely to take, confirms to me the Browns didn't really know what they were doing.

Buffalo's decision to trade a 1st round pick to move up 4 spots for a wide receiver in a deep wide receiver class was the same, as to a lesser extent I felt the Texans decision to not trade up for Bridgewater or to take Carr when both players had clear upsides, and a 2nd round pick isn't that much, also showed surprising incompetence for an NFL level organization.

All of those above decisions truck me at the time as desperate or stupid, and they struck people in this forum at the time as stupid and desperate, and they didn't work out. Its no coincidence that they didn't work out. They were % wise the wrong play, and based on something other than the question of what is best for the franchise going forward.

Far better to do what Jacksonville did and possibly overdraft a quarterback when the entire organization is at least in agreement for months leading up to the draft that this is the player who the team will attempt to build itself around.

Those sort of picks prove that one doesn't really require talent to work in the NFL (outside of playing). Some people who work in the NFL may have talent, but if people who actually thought it was worth a first and third round pick to get Manziel, managed to get jobs in the NFL then any goofball with the right luck and connections can get a job there.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    ^ pretty much spoke my mind, as i've been saying for almost a year..

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    ...carpet bombed truth tbh

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Guy is a re . Football has plenty of things going for him. That Cleveland offense was horrible before he got thrown in there, its actually the reason why he got thrown in there...and when he doesn't fix it in his first two career starts hes an automatic bust. Ok.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    He made it worse

Thread Information