My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Paul Millsap - 12M
    Kobe Bryant - SG 25M
    Jeff Green - SF 12M
    Rajon Rondo - PG 15M
    Tyson Chandler - C 12M

plus nick young it's 82M which is waaaaay over the cap.

are these your assessments after this season....you do realize the players I mentioned won't have contracts after this season and will be UFA's?

Therefore let's reassess....shall we?

Jeff Green can be had for 5
    Rondo will go for 10-12
    Tyson will go for 8

your numbers are way too high.....none of these players are 22-26 so they won't command as much....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers will have to trade if they want to make a push to win next year (this year is impossible). Even though LA will probably be sitting around 39M only in salaries next year, after seeing how Kobe is stat padding and treating his teammates and after Byron making an ass of himself with the treatment of Lin/Boozer/Nash, I don't think many people will want to play in LA.

But if they elect to get rid of Jordan Hill they will have significant cap space (~40M in salaries give or take with approximately 66.5M salary cap = 26.5M in cap space) albeit with only 6 players under contract.
    Kobe
    Ed Davis (player Option)
    Swaggy P

that's all we'll have under contract

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Okay Kool...here is some in-depth basketball analysis for you. The Lakers suck. The Lakers' front office sucks. The contract that Kirby is getting has crippled your organization.

First, the Rondo and Green trade for Nash and Rin is never going to happen in a million years. Please explain to me what you were smoking (I'm guessing something stronger than weed) to come up with that trade idea.

Second, you have about 7 new free agents hopefully joining the Lakers next year. Has that ever been done in the history of the NBA? How many "quality" free agents did the Lakers get last year?

Third, you're leaving out a huge part of your "dream" scenario. And that fact is that nobody wants to play with Kobe.

And Finally, you're just going to have to come to the realization that the Lakers will have to rebuild. There is no one year fix that can magically fix the dumpster fire. It's going to take time. I say 2-3 years at the least. And you know what Kool (now this might sting)....it may NEVER happen in the Kirby era. You might have already seen Kirby's last playoff game....
    I asked for analysis not a re alert... /fail try again....jeez

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right now we can trade Nash and Lin for Rondo and Green....to get us half way there
    you do know that rondo and green are free agents if they want right? so why would boston trade for other expirings if they are scared of losing those two in free agency?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe
    Ed Davis (player Option)
    Swaggy P

that's all we'll have under contract
    Kobe
    Ed Davis
    Nick Young
    Randle
    Ryan Kelly
    Very likely Sacre

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you do know that rondo and green are free agents if they want right? so why would boston trade for other expirings if they are scared of losing those two in free agency?
    Lin is servicable....they'd retain his Bird rights...they save cash now by taking on Nash since some of his salary I think is being covered by insurance....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe
    Ed Davis
    Nick Young
    Randle
    Ryan Kelly
    Very likely Sacre
    none of that is costing us except Kobe and Swaggy...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    bottom line we'll have a ton of space to sign all the players I listed since none of them are max players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are these your assessments after this season....you do realize the players I mentioned won't have contracts after this season and will be UFA's?

Rondo will go for 10-12
    Tyson will go for 8

your numbers are way too high.....none of these players are 22-26 so they won't command as much....

No way, Kool. He's having a break out year, averaging 20 points per game on a solid percentage. He's making 9 million now, and should command at least 3 years 15 million per. Since small forwards are at such premium, he will get his asking price.

Anyhow, I did the numbers, estimating what each player will cost, and your roster should cost about 70 million before Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Rondo will go for 10-12
    Tyson will go for 8

rondo will get 15, that's as sure as it gets. Green is getting 9 right now and is in paycheck mode, so no way he is getting less than he already is, since he has a player option anyway. Tyson can be debated, but he's getting 15 right now so saying he's going to the lakers for 8 is not really wishful thinking but just flat out re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    none of that is costing us except Kobe and Swaggy...
    Doesn't matter, the number remains the same for the approximate cap space calculation I did on your behalf (approximately 26.5M). The reason the number of players is important is because if have 6 players only, that 26.5 gets real thin, really fast when you have to fill out an entire roster. If you chase a max guy to pair with Kobe, then it's Kobe+Max+Nick Young + even worse scrubs than this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I asked for analysis not a re alert... /fail try again....jeez
    There is no analysis with you. You're reaching so bad with your OP. If you honestly think that has a 1% chance of happening then your just being delusional.

My New and Improved Spurs lineup for next year: (Brought to you Kool's unrealistic fantasy land ideas)

PG- Parker
    SG- Durant
    SF- Lebron
    PF- Duncan
    C- Howard

Bench:

Westbrook
    Ginobili
    Millsap
    Splitter
    Leonard
    Bonner (even in my dream scenario Pop won't get rid of this er)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lin is servicable....they'd retain his Bird rights...they save cash now by taking on Nash since some of his salary I think is being covered by insurance....
    right, cause they haven't just drafted marcus smart and james young and already have avery bradley makes total sense especially if you consider they have evan turner signed for next year too..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

No way, Kool. He's having a break out year, averaging 20 points per game on a solid percentage. He's making 9 million now, and should command at least 3 years 15 million per. Since small forwards are at such premium, he will get his asking price.

Anyhow, I did the numbers, estimating what each player will cost, and your roster should cost about 70 million before Kobe.
    no it won't and no he won't..he's still has a heart ailment question...no one will over pay because contract year success...now had he been doing it all along then maybe...he'll take the discount like everyone else...you estimates are wrong par the course....I've already laid potential going rates for these guys...and even if we're penalized we'll field the team...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rondo will get 15, that's as sure as it gets. Green is getting 9 right now and is in paycheck mode, so no way he is getting less than he already is, since he had a player option anyway. Tyson can be debated, but he's getting 15 right now so saying he's going to the lakers for 8 is not really wishful thinking but just flat out re ed.
    Millsap will also command in the 15 million range. He's basically the Eastern Conference Zach Randolph (with better defense), and Zbo is making 17 million per.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm the only sane SOB in here. Mother ers!!! Get the up and get the out, before I go too far. Randy, you tunin' SOB. Go practice Randy.

"Its not your house, Thread... its Kori's."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    right, cause they haven't just drafted marcus smart and james young and already have avery bradley makes total sense especially if you consider they have evan turner signed for next year too..
    Lin can be a combo guard...Smart can't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no it won't and no he won't..he's still has a heart ailment question...no one will over pay because contract year success...now had he been doing it all along then maybe...he'll take the discount like everyone else...you estimates are wrong par the course....I've already laid potential going rates for these guys...and even if we're penalized we'll field the team...
    like channing frye did?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Millsap will also command in the 15 million range. He's basically the Eastern Conference Zach Randolph (with better defense), and Zbo is making 17 million per.
    12 for Mill and if he wants 15 we'll pay him....but he's the only one of the bunch that can command it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lin can be a combo guard...Smart can't
    Smart is the epitome of a combo guard played his first college year at sg has sg measurables and can defend both positions easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff Green has only missed 1 game since having surgery.

Someone will overpay. They always do. Just look at Detroit signing Jodie Meeks for 6 million after one decent year, which was more the result of Mike D'Antoni's system than any kind of breakout by Meeks.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There is no analysis with you. You're reaching so bad with your OP. If you honestly think that has a 1% chance of happening then your just being delusional.

My New and Improved Spurs lineup for next year: (Brought to you Kool's unrealistic fantasy land ideas)

PG- Parker
    SG- Durant
    SF- Lebron
    PF- Duncan
    C- Howard

Bench:

Westbrook
    Ginobili
    Millsap
    Splitter
    Leonard
    Bonner (even in my dream scenario Pop won't get rid of this er)
    You're not on my level...go back to reading Green Eggs and Ham....you spin too much I don't like that...we're all aware that everyone here don't like me...you don't need to use that fact in your favor because you cannot articulate a clear point...don't try to use me to cover for your own stupidity

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Smart is the epitome of a combo guard played his first college year at sg has sg measurables and can defend both positions easily.
    maybe so but with Boston's injury history they could use Lin

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jeff Green has only missed 1 game since having surgery.

Someone will overpay. They always do. Just look at Detroit signing Jodie Meeks for 6 million after one decent year, which was more the result of Mike D'Antoni's system than any kind of breakout by Meeks.

the results from last years break-out players will open eyes....check books will remain tight....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One thing for sure...once the Lakers do get in a contending position Spur fan will have a coronary...I mean any discussion of potential Laker resurgence / revival sends you guys into a panicked frenzy....I think it's quite cute....

Thread Information