Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Yes they do have SEC team speed. Urban Meyer was the one that brought it to the SEC while at Florida. Now he brought it to Ohio State.

I can easily pull up reports, articles and even a quote from Nick Saban yesterday that concurs.

You have a rough time recognizing you're wrong.

Because you're ing re ed.
    No they don't have SEC speed, ya see most those speedy guys end up in the SEC, they don't want to play in cold weather if they have a choice, this is a known fact.

And....he difference between the speed of the big guys is dramatic.

I recommend some warm milk and some Aleve, you're way too emotional. Relax my friend.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    No they don't have SEC speed, ya see most those speedy guys end up in the SEC, they don't want to play in cold weather if they have a choice, this is a known fact.

And....he difference between the speed of the big guys is dramatic.

I recommend some warm milk and some Aleve, you're way too emotional. Relax my friend.
    Lol you're completely re ed. And wrong.

Lol you're completely re ed. And wrong.
    So the warm milk didn't work I see. Maybe a hot shower. To be in a constant state of grumpy isn't good. We need a smile on that face my friend

I'm pretty solid when it comes to speed /football. There is no doubt of any kind that those Florida/Cali/Texas speedsters prefer warm weather schools. This has been talked about many time by those who know the game.

When it comes to track the diffeRence in speed between the SEC and the Big10 is like Jamaica vs China, very dramatic.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    So the warm milk didn't work I see. Maybe a hot shower. To be in a constant state of grumpy isn't good. We need a smile on that face my friend

I'm pretty solid when it comes to speed /football. There is no doubt of any kind that those Florida/Cali/Texas speedsters prefer warm weather schools. This has been talked about many time by those who know the game.

When it comes to track the diffeRence in speed between the SEC and the Big10 is like Jamaica vs China, very dramatic.

You're re ed.

Your lack of any real knowledge about what I'm talking about is obvious, I am willing to fill you in on how things really are, I suggest you take this opportunity to educate yourself. No need to act childish about it my friend.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    I;m not talking about sprinters trying to play football. I'm talking about footballers who just happen to run track...ok? And I was talking about in history when it comes to the SEC vs Big10 when it comes to football speed.
    lol. cop-out

Alexander Wright...NFL Fastest Man winner
    Eddie Kennison..,.NFL Fastest Man winner
    Don Hutson...9.8 in the 40's
    Billy Cannon ..9.5 in the 50's
    So when I mention something about the NFL it holds no weight, but when you do it has validity. lol

How can anyone take you seriously when you seriously when you only lose pieces of information to your advantage and ignore other obvious facts.

There is no doubt of any kind that those Florida/Cali/Texas speedsters prefer warm weather schools. This has been talked about many time by those who know the game.
    See http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/248...0-F01-DII-US-1 for a Texas kid that went North. Held offers from Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Oregon etc....

No they don't have SEC speed, they don't want to play in cold weather if they have a choice, this is a known fact.
    Johnnie Dixon from St. Thomas out of Aquinas in FL had offers from Miami, Alabama, Florida, Florida State, South Florida and Ohio State, yet chose Ohio State. Are you saying Mr. Dixon didn't have a choice??? I know facts are hard for you.

Lets see what kind of spin you put in this.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    No they don't have SEC speed
    CBS says you're wrong.

lol. cop-out

So when I mention something about the NFL it holds no weight, but when you do it has validity. lol

How can anyone take you seriously when you seriously when you only lose pieces of information to your advantage and ignore other obvious facts.

See http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/248...0-F01-DII-US-1 for a Texas kid that went North. Held offers from Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Oregon etc....

Johnnie Dixon from St. Thomas out of Aquinas in FL had offers from Miami, Alabama, Florida, Florida State, South Florida and Ohio State, yet chose Ohio State. Are you saying Mr. Dixon didn't have a choice??? I know facts are hard for you.

Lets see what kind of spin you put in this.
    I was obviously talking about history as I always do. And I only deal in facts I assumed that was understood.

For every Johnny Dixon there are a 100 who went the route I talked about, this is a another fact.

What Florida/Texas/Cali kid wants to leave home for cold ass Michigan if he has other choices? Not many.

I'm first and foremost a track frreak, the SEC is so much faster than the Big10 it's ridiculous. We see it onh the track and on the football field.

CBS says you're wrong.
    Will there ever come a time when you realize that track/football is my pet? Not going to happen is it?

In that article there is mention of Devin Smith the fastest Buckeye. He runs on the track team and was compared to Percy Harvin.

This is what Devin Smith runs.

60m - 7.01
    100m - 10.56

You have any idea how slow that is at this level? The female 100m record is 10.49. Percy Harvin was running 10.4's in high school.

Look at what Trindon Holliday and Jeff Demps were running at LSU and Florida...10.00/10.01..that is legit "world class' speed. Devin Smith couldn't win most state HS champs with a 10.56. A 7 second 60 is terrible.

Why do you always try to talk about things you obviously know nothing about?

Nobody from the Big10 has ever ran a sub10.00 100m, you have any idea what this is telling us?

No Ohio State or any Big10 team can match the SEC when it comes to overall team speed. This is a known fact.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Will there ever come a time when you realize that track/football is my pet? Not going to happen is it?

In that article there is mention of Devin Smith the fastest Buckeye. He runs on the track team and was compared to Percy Harvin.

This is what Devin Smith runs.

60m - 7.01
    100m - 10.56

You have any idea how slow that is at this level? The female 100m record is 10.49. Percy Harvin was running 10.4's in high school.

Look at what Trindon Holliday and Jeff Demps were running at LSU and Florida...10.00/10.01..that is legit "world class' speed. Devin Smith couldn't win most state HS champs with a 10.56. A 7 second 60 is terrible.

Why do you always try to talk about things you obviously know nothing about?

Nobody from the Big10 has ever ran a sub10.00 100m, you have any idea what this is telling us?

No Ohio State or any Big10 team can match the SEC when it comes to overall team speed. This is a known fact.
    Because you know more about this current Ohio State team than CBS.

you're re ed.

Because you know more about this current Ohio State team than CBS.

you're re ed.
    I know more about any current football team if we are talking about speed than CBS or anyone else. Why ignore what I showed you about Devin Smith? Sure he can make the Ohio State 4x1 team running a 10.56, trust me he's not running on many SEC schools 4x1 teams with that time.

I follow high school/NCAA track, when I tell you the Big10 does not get the speedy footballers (few exceptioins) trust me I know of what I speak.

It would be cool if you could actually converse like a mature adult without the immaturity and childish behavior, ok?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I know more about any current football team if we are talking about speed than CBS or anyone else.

Wanna talk about the track stud/footballers who will be on NCAA campuses next season? I have that info right here in my hand, just like I do every December.

Long time track/football fan here, totally able to school anyone when it comes to that track/football connection, hard to believe you haven't figured that out by now.

Talk to me about that Ohio State footballer who could long jump over 26-8 and sprint a sub 10.30 100m. You can't, CBS can't, nobody can. That is how deep I am when it comes to this stuff.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

See, like I said you can't really talk about this because you know nothing about it at all.

Next season Ohio State will have Parris Campbell a 10.47w cat on their football team, he is the only speed of note they recruited, so far.

You'll figure it out someday.

Texas Tech landed 10.58 Nigel Bethel.

If we see a HSer who is running sub 10.70, that will work in football. Those running that sub 10.50 stuff are rare, other than in the SEC that is.
    Last edited by Avante; 12-13-2014 at 05:48 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He mixes track with a sport that requires a ball, contact, and acceleration (change in speed and or direction).
    He wants kids to run in straight lines rather than chase and be chased, there is a huge difference.

"I"ll have ketchup on my vanilla ice cream please"

He mixes track with a sport that requires a ball, contact, and acceleration (change in speed and or direction).
    He wants kids to run in straight lines rather than chase and be chased, there is a huge difference.

"I"ll have ketchup on my vanilla ice cream please"
    Why not actually try paying attention, it does help, ok? I'm not talking about track sprinters trying to become footballers...ok? I;m talking about footballers who...also...run track. Like I've already made clear numerous times.

Who is the fastest back in the NFL, well that would be Jamaal Charles with the Chiefs, does he run in any straight lines, hahaha!!!!!!!! The guy was a huge track star with a 10.18PR. The fastest receiver your school Texas ever had was Johnny Jones an Olympian, did he ruin in any straight lines, hahaha!!!!!!!! , Charles is the fastest back Texas ever had.

Try dealing in reality, ok?

You have seen Tyreek Hill play, right? Straight lines...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football player who just happensd to be fast...ok?

Come on people, figure this stuff out, damn!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why not actually try paying attention, it does help, ok? I'm not talking about track sprinters trying to become footballers...ok? I;m talking about footballers who...also...run track. Like I've already made clear numerous times.

Who is the fastest back in the NFL, well that would be Jamaal Charles with the Chiefs, does he run in any straight lines, hahaha!!!!!!!! The guy was a huge track star with a 10.18PR. The fastest receiver your school Texas ever had was Johnny Jones an Olympian, did he ruin in any straight lines, hahaha!!!!!!!! , Charles is the fastest back Texas ever had.

Try dealing in reality, ok?

You have seen Tyreek Hill play, right? Straight lines...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football player who just happensd to be fast...ok?

You are perfect dolt.
    You pick out guys that are good football players AND are fast.

If it was more lucrative for U. Bolt to play football, he would last all of one play after he got hit.
    Dont be an idiot.

So after all these track stars run, do they beat them with bats on the legs and make then immediately run again. And again, and again...? Emmit Smith was fast. I bet he ends up winning the bat and run race. How fast was Emmitt when he competed in college? Surely he did, I mean he did in HS. Probably individually ran the 100, right?

And I'm just playing around with people that must be really fast. Excuses the other 9 or 10 on the field that must be huge. Peanut butter on that baked potato?
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-13-2014 at 08:52 PM.

You are perfect dolt.
    You pick out guys that are good football players AND are fast.

If it was more lucrative for U. Bolt to play football, he would last all of one play after he got hit.
    Dont be an idiot.

So after all these track stars run, do they beat them with bats on the legs and make then immediately run again. And again, and again...? Emmit Smith was fast. I bet he ends up winning the bat and run race. How fast was Emmitt when he competed in college? Surely he did, I mean he did in HS. Probably individually ran the 100, right?
    You're not getting this at all, totally lost! 100% lost!

All these NFL players were Olympic sprinters..ok?

Ollie Matson
    Michael Bates
    Bob Hayes
    Ron Brown
    Sam Graddy
    James Jett
    Henry Carr
    Johnny Jones
    Willie Gault
    Gerald Tinker
    Larry Burton

What about that don't you understand? Remember Darrel Green? He was the Div II 100m Champion while at Tex A&I. Remember Cliff Branch, he came in 5th at our Olympic trials.

Dude, are you working at not getting this? And no Emmitt Smity wasn't fast, he had very average speed.

One more time....

Nobody is talking about track guys trying to play football...ok? I;m talking about football players who just happen to ....ALSO....run track.

Like talking to a little kid, wow!

Here ya go, learn something.

There were always misconceptions about Bob Hayes, who died late Wednesday at age 59 of complications from prostate cancer and heart and kidney ailments.
    He was not a sprinter who also played football; it was the reverse. He was so unorthodox as a stylist, pigeon-toed and all power, that he often stepped on himself while he ran.
    Jake Gaither, his football coach and father figure at Florida A&M, once said: ''Bob can do anything he sets his mind to. Just make sure you tell him what you want.''
    The Dallas Cowboys drafted Hayes as a collegiate redshirt in the seventh round of the 1964 draft -- in the middle of the night -- and all the 5-foot-11, 190-pound Hayes did was revolutionize pro football.
    His raw speed forced defenses to install zone coverages instead of relying on man-to-man schemes. His weaving skills as a punt returner brought revisions to special-teams strategies.
    And his instant transition from track and field to football -- he is the only athlete to hold Olympic gold medals and a Super Bowl ring -- had pro teams searching for and drafting, often unsuccessfully, speedy, wooden-handed sprinters.
    Last edited by Avante; 12-13-2014 at 09:06 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    In a game of chase, it's more important to be elusive.
    In a game of chase it's more important to be able to close down on the prey.

I have endlessly stated to you multiply times in other threads this is more important in the game of football.
    Of course speed is important, but you continue to take this to an unparalleled obsession.

In a game of chase, it's more important to be elusive.
    In a game of chase it's more important to be able to close down on the prey.

I have endlessly stated to you multiply times in other threads this is more important in the game of football.
    Of course speed is important, but you continue to take this to an unparalleled obsession.

The most important thing is hitting the hole quickly. Defenders getting to the ball quickly. That is what great speed will do. Teams that have the speed advantage have a huge advantage, you don't get this?

If an athlete has great speed he's going to have a great burst.

Stop thinking I;m talking about sprinters...ok? I'm talking about football players...ok?

Devin Hester is the greatest kick return guy in pro football history, he was a sprint star in HS. Look at Sammy Watkins, he was a sprint star in HS, as was Reggie Bush.

Come on man, stop working at not geting it, ok?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I know more about any current football team if we are talking about speed than CBS or anyone else.

Reminds me of you thinking Terrance West was obscure, hahaha!!!!!!!!! Your ignorance about all this stuff is unmatched.

I know nothing about baseball, so I don't try to talk about.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Reminds me of you thinking Terrance West was obscure, hahaha!!!!!!!!! Your ignorance about all this stuff is unmatched.

I know nothing about baseball, so I don't try to talk about.
    don't try to talk about football either.

Thread Information