My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Patriots quarterback Tom Brady had a simple reply when asked about Broncos defensive tackle Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton's so-called Super Bowl guarantee: "It doesn't matter what you say. It matters what you do."
    "Pot Roast is a big man, so I would never say anything that would get him mad at me," Brady said Monday night in his weekly radio interview on Westwood One. "But I will just say there is a lot of football left to be played. [The Broncos will] have their chance and we'll have our chance, and we will do our talking on the field. ...

"And my dad always told me, 'Well done is better than well said.' In the meantime, we have a lot of football left to play, and it starts this weekend Sunday at the Jets, and nothing is really clinched at this point. There's still two very important games remaining on our schedule, and that's what my focus is on."

Following Denver's victory Sunday over the Chargers, Knighton told The Denver Post that his Broncos would be the team left standing at the end of the season.

"It doesn't matter what happens. At the end of the year, we're hoisting that trophy. I don't care if New England doesn't lose again," Knighton told the newspaper. "I don't care where we have to play. I don't care who our opponent is. We're not going to be satisfied until we hoist that trophy. So if we've got to go to New England [in the playoffs] and win somewhere we're not used to winning, we're going to make it happen. Write that. And put a big period after that one."

On Monday, in the Broncos locker room, Knighton, one of Denver's two defensive captains along with DeMarcus Ware, did not step back from his words, but he added that he would expect any player on a playoff-bound team to believe it would win the Super Bowl.

"Some people will call it a guarantee, some people will call it whatever they want, you know, anything less than a Super Bowl victory is a disappointing season," Knighton said. "I stand by what I said. I don't care who we have to play, where we have to play. We won't be satisfied until we're hoisting that trophy. If New England wins out and we win out and we end up meeting them, we'll have to go there and beat them. It's that simple."

Patriots fans have taken to Twitter to voice their displeasure at Knighton's guarantee, a fact he mentioned in a tweet on Tuesday.
    Brady taking the time to respond, tbh..

Great leadership by the most underrated defensive player in football, and the captain of the best defense in the AFC..

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    man i miss pot roast

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Malik Hairston you think they'll be able to re-sign knighton? they're projecting to have about 30 mil in room and have to worry about Thomasx2

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    a bunch of good DT's went through jacksonville

Marcus Stroud, John Henderson, Terrance Knighton

probably because he came to oaland later, but Henderson is easily my favorite for his pre-game ritual

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Malik Hairston you think they'll be able to re-sign knighton? they're projecting to have about 30 mil in room and have to worry about Thomasx2
    The off-season is going to be a nightmare for the Broncos, I'm just hoping they can finally get the SB win before having to deal with all the drama of so many Free Agents..

I'd be surprised if they pay Julius, tbh..

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    The off-season is going to be a nightmare for the Broncos, I'm just hoping they can finally get the SB win before having to deal with all the drama of so many Free Agents..

I'd be surprised if they pay Julius, tbh..
    i think some stupid teams (potentially the raiders) who are desperate for receiving help will throw all kinds of coin at julius with the thoughts of him becoming a jimmy graham type. the Rams gave Jared Cook 5-35 for "potential." Julius actually has production, too

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    It's always a possibility, but I think it'll be similar to Danny Green's upcoming situation, where teams will evaluate how much impact the situation has on his success..

"Spurs system" vs. "Manning effect"

JT was actually hyped as a great potential receiver, even before Manning showed up(his weakness was always blocking), but there will be some doubt IMO..

I'd be surprised if the Broncos sign him, though, based on the direction the team is heading in..Elway is clearly trying to build the team into the 98 and 99 Broncos, where they rely on the run game and defense..seems like Peyton has bought into it, too..so I'd be surprised if they pay big money for a receiving tight end with blocking problems, regardless of his talent level..

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Denver will be irrelevant soon again

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    someone link that Brady "heh heh heh" video

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Elway is clearly trying to build the team into the 98 and 99 Broncos, where they rely on the run game
    something something chop block something something

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    a bunch of good DT's went through jacksonville

Marcus Stroud, John Henderson, Terrance Knighton

probably because he came to oaland later, but Henderson is easily my favorite for his pre-game ritual

when we used to have a defense

we just resigned our dt roy miller for 16 mil

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    when we used to have a defense

we just resigned our dt roy miller for 16 mil
    yeah the garrard + taylor/mjd jags were always stout defensively. their defense got mediocre quickly, and i always thought the loss of Stroud was the big part of that. also rashean mathis declining

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Belichick/Brady.......as good as it's ever gotten.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    Trader Joe's has been selling a package pot roast that will absolutely blow your in' shorts off. Yes, it's pre cooked and air sealed, and yes processed to a point, but, it is just ing outstanding. You slice it, set the slices on a plate, add 3 tablespoons of water, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes. I'm tellin' ya it is superb.

It's like $7.99, but, it's well worth it. You don't even need A-l. And when you get to the fat part of it, you're in' eyes will roll back in your head.

It's just delectable.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Trader Joe's has been selling a package pot roast that will absolutely blow your in' shorts off. Yes, it's pre cooked and air sealed, and yes processed to a point, but, it is just ing outstanding. You slice it, set the slices on a plate, add 3 tablespoons of water, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes. I'm tellin' ya it is superb.

It's like $7.99, but, it's well worth it. You don't even need A-l. And when you get to the fat part of it, you're in' eyes will roll back in your head.

It's just delectable.
    Never bought precooked meat in Trader Joes, but their fresh meat was much better than Ralphs & Whole foods.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Elway is clearly trying to build the team into the 98 and 99 Broncos, where they rely on the run game and defense..
    Between the under-the-table payments, the steroids, and as Philo mentioned, the chop-blocking, it really is the '90s all over again in Denver... what's next, Vaseline jerseys?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    nailed it

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    yeah the garrard + taylor/mjd jags were always stout defensively. their defense got mediocre quickly, and i always thought the loss of Stroud was the big part of that. also rashean mathis declining
    Stroud and Henderson were a great tandem but the former was let go at the right time...he looked ancient when he played at Buffalo the following year

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Stroud and Henderson were a great tandem but the former was let go at the right time...he looked ancient when he played at Buffalo the following year
    i thought stroud wasn't that bad for the Bills. but even in that case, i guess i could just remove "loss of stroud" to "decline of stroud" or w/e

Believe.
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Knighton is a fool. This post season is setting up for another Manning epic meltdown in the conference finals against the Patriots. Patriots have the best record. Manning in the freezing cold at NE for another

One more to end his career.

Thread Information