Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeb has a jump on a crappy field, so it's not a stretch to see him get a nomination. Anti-Mexican sentiment might be an issue in the primaries, as was said.
    You know the GOP is in dire straits when that's their leading candidate. Yikes.

Not that the Dems have a wealth of admired, respected politicians lining up for that role either, though. Hillary could fracture the base, Warren is too new (definite candidate for 2020 though) and Biden often makes a fool of himself.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the only thing that could derail Hillary at this point is a health scare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the only thing that could derail Hillary at this point is a health scare.
    Very little doubt she'll win the primary... will it be enough to run the table though? I have my doubts. Although the right seems to love alpha-dog politics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He faces the same predicament as Romney. To win the primaries, he has to run far to his own right, to his ultimate detriment in the general election.
    this

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very little doubt she'll win the primary... will it be enough to run the table though? I have my doubts. Although the right seems to love alpha-dog politics.
    Sure. Depends on who runs against her. I know she will ratchet up the neocon rhetoric in the general campaign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He faces the same predicament as Romney. To win the primaries, he has to run far to his own right, to his ultimate detriment in the general election.
    Mitt was fairly non-descript in the primaries and basically pushed through (which I don't think will happen again this time). But his major mistake was to pander to the base after the primaries, which is really what turned off the center votes.

I mean, at this point, they gotta know that the base will hold their noses and vote for them anyways, and that the base is not enough to get them elected.

I suspect they've learned from the last iteration, but we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know the GOP is in dire straits when that's their leading candidate. Yikes.

Not that the Dems have a wealth of admired, respected politicians lining up for that role either, though. Hillary could fracture the base, Warren is too new (definite candidate for 2020 though) and Biden often makes a fool of himself.
    Warren for 2020? I just don't see it. She may be the darling of the hardcore left but no way she is a viable candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren for 2020? I just don't see it. She may be the darling of the hardcore left but no way she is a viable candidate.
    Even if I agreed with you, I think you underestimate how many people would vote for her just based upon reactionary politics.

I think she'd pull a ton of voters from the center just because she really seems to function outside the umbrella of Washington. She calls out everyone and doesn't seem to give a flip about party politics or how much money someone has.

Not sure if she'd make a good president but she's been pretty open in her criticism of Washington, and for that she's at least got my attention.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren isn't a wingnut but would be pretty easily painted as such... It would be a huge long shot but I'd be 100% behind her.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    At least warren would go after wallstreet.

She'd probably be a disaster in ever other respect, but at least she'd have that.

Maybe.

It'd be funny to see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but she wouldn't catch them, because regulatory bills in Congress would ALL fail. Wall St OWNS Congress. (btw, Wall st LOVES Hillary)

The MIC, the militarized police, America's Mussolini "fascism" (govt + corporate combo = corporatocracy), the totally corrupt wealth-sucking financial sector, the wealth-sucking health racket, etc, etc, are all on an UNSTOPPABLE trajectory to for the 99%.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "After dinner, “Larry leaned back in his chair and offered me some advice,” Ms. Warren writes.

“I had a choice. I could be an insider or I could be an outsider. Outsiders can say whatever they want.

But people on the inside don’t listen to them.

Insiders, however, get lots of access and a chance to push their ideas.

People — powerful people — listen to what they have to say.

But insiders also understand one unbreakable rule: They don’t criticize other insiders."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/27/business/from-outside-or-inside-the-deck-looks-stacked.html
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-19-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like a ing jihadi flying a Boeing, I imagine.

She'd probably be a disaster in ever other respect, but at least she'd have that.

Maybe.
    No doubt she'd be a disaster.

It'd be funny to see.[/QUOTE]

Thread Information