My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaw has made some interesting business moves the last few years, like the money they wasted buying cell space and then cancelling their cell plans and their attempt at a Netflix clone. All this while they haemorrhage cable subscribers.

This may be the most interesting of all though. Depending on which Internet plan you have, your Shaw Internet is going up $6-$10 dollars in January. Price increases are nothing new, BUT if you are a new customer, or an existing customer who wants to change their internet package, starting in January you will be losing value AND speed.

Shaw 100mbps becomes Shaw 60mbps (-40%)
    Shaw 50mbps becomes Shaw 30mbps (-40%)
    Shaw 25mbps becomes Shaw 15mbps (-40%)
    Shaw 10mbps becomes Shaw 5mbps (-50%)

They will also be cutting (their already horrible) upload speeds. Like I said if you are grandfathered you are OK...as long as you don't switch your Internet plan. As soon as you do that you will get screwed by the lower speed with increased price. It's unclear what will happen to those people on promotional plans right now. They may or may not get the double whammy of lower speed + higher price when their promo ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a good thing Im not with this those gots

and what's up with those speeds anyway ?

Does Shaw customers live in some village or some igloo?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Shaw still exists?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaw still exists?
    How do you think those rednecks from Corner Gas created their Facebook accounts ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i had the same problem when moving into my new property t his pass month (didnt contribute much last 3 weeks inactive on spurstalk)

was previously on unlimited enjoying the downloads without a cap,

then in this new property i found out my phone line was on pair gain, couldnt do when all ports from the exchanges were all full and had to sign up with the monopoly provider fkn horse paying 1.75x more then what i was previously paying...$115 for adsl2/500gb plan downloads at 2mb better then previously...but fck cap plans and the excess pricing...

my area wont be getting fibre anytime soon maybe in 3+ years....but i can get cable which is inferior technology compared to fibre, but its speeds atm can go upto110mb but ty plans compared to fibre where some companies are giving out unlimited plans 100mb connection...fkn lame...

the govts rollout of the fibre network...ROFLMAO either in their own electorate seat first whoever wins govt or setting it up in ty high unemployed areas...fkn stupid

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow, crazy. Time Warner sent me an ad for Gigabit cable claiming they don't have caps like AT&T Uverse Seems like you guys are headed in the other direction lessening speeds and upping prices

Thread Information