Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The United States and Cuba are taking “historic steps” to normalize relations, including opening an embassy in Havana, easing trade and travel restrictions and putting to rest one most enduring Cold War standoffs, the White House said Wednesday.

The landmark initiatives — that could reorder the political landscape in Latin America and beyond — is a result of more than a year and a half of secret negotiations with the Cuban government of President Raul Castro.

The plans appeared finally set in motion by Cuba’s agreement to release Alan Gross, a U.S. Agency for International Development contractor imprisoned for five years, and to exchange an unnamed U.S. intelligence asset, held for two decades, for three Cuban nationals convicted of spying in the United States in 2001.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...98e_story.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "an unnamed U.S. intelligence asset"

spy traded for spies.

Obama's really kicking ass.

Repugs, Fox gonna go ballistic, yawn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for the U.S. and Cuba - especially now with Russian economy melting down, and Putin being Putin. Give Catro NO reason to cozy up to Vladimir.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Good for the U.S. and Cuba - especially now with Russian economy melting down, and Putin being Putin. Give Catro NO reason to cozy up to Vladimir.
    But it has nothing to do with sanctions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Pootin has any interest in a backward hole like Cuba. He NOW has plenty of problems keeping his kleptocracy afloat, and Muslims on his southern border.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So can I legally buy their cigars and rum now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kenyan communist doing Kenyan communist things...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So can I legally buy their cigars and rum now?
    Allowances for U.S. Travelers on Cuban Cigars and Rum

Cuba is known for its legendary cigars and Havana Club rum, a fact that was not lost on the White House as officials blasted out their fact sheet laying out the new diplomatic relationship with Cuba.

According to the White House, United States travelers to Cuba will be allowed to return with $400 worth of goods, of which no more than $100 can consist of tobacco products and alcohol combined.

The $100 limit will certainly restrict the amount of each product brought back by travelers, as a box of 25 high-quality Cohiba cigars ranges from about $100 to as much as $500 in Havana currently. Prices for other Cuban cigars vary.

Havana Club is quote affordable in Havana, as a liter of white rum sells for about $10.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...=top-news&_r=0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you guys wasting time discussing unimportant news like US-Cuba relations or Russia's economic troubles? Please stick to important topics like Bill Ayers, amnesty and Benghazi. Kthxbye

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you guys wasting time discussing unimportant news like US-Cuba relations or Russia's economic troubles? Please stick to important topics like Bill Ayers, amnesty and Benghazi. Kthxbye
    Solyndra!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allowances for U.S. Travelers on Cuban Cigars and Rum

Cuba is known for its legendary cigars and Havana Club rum, a fact that was not lost on the White House as officials blasted out their fact sheet laying out the new diplomatic relationship with Cuba.

According to the White House, United States travelers to Cuba will be allowed to return with $400 worth of goods, of which no more than $100 can consist of tobacco products and alcohol combined.

The $100 limit will certainly restrict the amount of each product brought back by travelers, as a box of 25 high-quality Cohiba cigars ranges from about $100 to as much as $500 in Havana currently. Prices for other Cuban cigars vary.

Havana Club is quote affordable in Havana, as a liter of white rum sells for about $10.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...=top-news&_r=0
    $100 limit? That's ing bull . I wonder what this means for buying Cuban in Mexico though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if this means we'll start seeing cruise ships going to Cuba now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long until I can buy ing Cohibas in town now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crofl Rubio is blowing a gasket over this...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yoni will give his opinion as soon as he is told what it is.

I always found it weird that US foreign policy was being held hostage by a fraction of 7% of the population of one state, but that's electoral politics.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox News editor on Cuba: Obama in ‘Honey Boo Boo phase in which he does what he wants’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/f...what-he-wants/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crofl Rubio is blowing a gasket over this...
    link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course that got Rubio wants to keep the embargo in place. What a piece of Congress this is going to be next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Important topics like obama's mentor being a terrorist, or terrorist attacks like Benghazi and how it was handled? Are you ing stupid? lol Those are important topics.

Yeah, let's overlook current hot topics in favor of some decades-late kindness being shown to each other by Cube and the US. In fact, Cuba isn't doing . All that's happening is Obama is trying to bend over for another tyrannical regime. I guess you guys love to see America let the bad guys win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should make "peace" with North Korea next by removing all restrictions. They'll stop being evil if we just give them what they want, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Important topics like obama's mentor being a terrorist, or terrorist attacks like Benghazi and how it was handled? Are you ing stupid? lol Those are important topics.
    So why is Ayres important again?

And what specifically do you need to know about Benghazi that hasn't been reported?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should make "peace" with China next by removing all restrictions. They'll stop being evil if we just give them what they want, tbh.
    Still pretty bad to their people last I checked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course that got Rubio wants to keep the embargo in place. What a piece of Congress this is going to be next year.
    I actually have high hopes for the new Congress. We'll see.

It's not surprising that Rubio would be upset, tbh, he built a career over self-victimization because daddy was ran off the island by commie meanies

Then again, there's a reason the vast majority of hispanics dislike Cuban-Americans... (save rare exceptions like Dra Polo, etc)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still pretty bad to their people last I checked.
    Or Vietnam...

Thread Information