Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you'd be fine if any President decided to to just rewrite the law?
    Not a big deal.

So, why hasn't there been a court decide what they did was illegal?
    Doesn't have to be one.

Why did the Department of Justice decline to prosecute anyone?
    Unnecessary.

is it torture? When the Department of Justice says the techniques, while harsh, won't be torture if conducted as designed and when no legal proceeding has actually found the techniques to be torture, how can you claim they are torture. What do you know that Eric Holder and every other en y that looked into the matter doesn't know?
    The mere fact the people who did it have done nothing but lied about it tells me all I need to know. Didn't work and was unnecessary. Made a bad situation worse. Like I said, impotent overcompensation by chicken hawks who had already made the biggest mistake.

You don't think racism is an issue? You don't think an African American President and his wife making up stories or misrepresenting stories as being personal experiences with racism is a big deal? Race issues are consuming the country right now and it's no big deal to you?
    What the Obamas said?

No. Not a big deal at all.

I'm sorry, I guess I should have asked. What did you mean?
    I meant what I said.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a big deal.

Doesn't have to be one.

Unnecessary.

The mere fact the people who did it have done nothing but lied about it tells me all I need to know. Didn't work and was unnecessary. Made a bad situation worse. Like I said, impotent overcompensation by chicken hawks who had already made the biggest mistake.

What the Obamas said?

No. Not a big deal at all.

I meant what I said.
    I guess we're done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I make salient points in all my threads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was after a long thread of people pretty much (maybe ElNono, maybe not -- I really don't pay attention to personalities in here, just posts) contending the Bush administration tortured for the fun of it and are a bunch of evil criminals. No one is even willing to entertain the idea that, even if you disagree with their actions, they may have had noble intentions. So, yeah, I flipped it.

The two polls I've referenced in here are recent and suggest more than 50% of the American Public believe what the administration did was warranted, justified and effective. Heck, even a few of those that didn't agree it was warrant or justified believe it was effective.

Well, it's hard to be a reasonable person agreeing with unreasonable people. Both sides have to be reasonable for that to work. I can't even get anyone to examine the particular techniques and why the administration believes they were able to design them where they stopped short of torture. No, all you get in here is the Japanese and a couple of American GIs in Vietnam were convicted of war crimes and/or executed for the same thing when, that demonstrably untrue.

? I rest my case.

I simply think you're wrong whereas, you believe I speak from .
    The reference was obviously a bit of hyperbole. Guess it wasn't that funny.

Regardless, WRT the conversation around torture, there were several reasonable people who simply disagreed with you (and the Bush Administration's) distinction between torture and EIT. ElNono, randomguy and winehole all come to mind. You refused to accept the difference of opinion and continued to parse and harp on the fact that nobody has been prosecuted and the lengths to which the administration went to ensure the techniques were not legally defined as torture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $325.00 is a bunch of money for someone making just over $16K a year. Then, when you get to the lower middle class incomes, the fine escalates. So, yes, I do think it would be a big deal. I believe Obama thought it would be a big deal or he wouldn't have moved the date.
    You think the lower middle class voted in the last election? There was record low turnout. Old white people voted in the last election, just like every midterm election. If it weren't for midterms and gerrymandering, republicans wouldn't control either house of congress.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs, Fox, right-wing hate media and assholes like pussy eater, who DEPEND on the ignorance and gullibility of their audience, have been lying to USA about ACA, but it seems that TRUTH is fighting back.

The More People Are Told About Obamacare, The More They Like It

One year into the full implementation of the Affordable Care Act, Americans remain confused about what the law actually does — and public opinion toward Obamacare is easily swayed depending on small changes to the amount of information people receive about it.

According to the Kaiser Family Foundation’s most recent monthly tracking poll, overall opinion about the law remains negative, even though large portions of Americans do support the specific provisions that comprise Obamacare. The disconnect reflects a generalconfusion about how exactly the law functions; pollsters have been tracking this dynamic for years, even as millions of people enroll in plans on Obamacare’s new state marketplaces.

On top of that, people’s opinions about the law shift a lot when they’re given just a little bit of follow-up information that puts the changes to the health care sector in context, the Kaiser researchers found.

For instance, opinion polling has consistently found that the individual mandate — the requirement that every American purchases health insurance that forms the backbone of the law — is deeply unpopular. But providing people with more information about the policy can have a big effect on public opinion.

When people who oppose the individual mandate were told that it doesn’t affect the majority of Americans because most people already have insurance through their job, support rose from 35 percent to 62 percent.

When they were told that the mandate doesn’t apply for low-income Americans who would have too much trouble paying the fine, support rose to 59 percent.

And explaining that the individual mandate may prevent people from waiting until they’re seriously ill to buy health insurance, which would ultimately drive up costs for everyone else, nudged support up above 50 percent.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014...bamacare-sway/

Thread Information