Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    36/7/7
    My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.

If he rejects then it's over for this program
    Last edited by AlexJones; 12-17-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Post Count
    That's better than some pro franchises can do.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Plus lifting the Michigan limitation on Juco players (lessoning the academic standards a la Stanford) and a opt out at ANY time. He can leave anywhere after week 8 or something ridiculous like that.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    If this is accurate, he would be a damn fool to say no.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Yeah just saw this on ESPN.

Damn that's a lot of money...he would be a moron to turn it down. Also, not really much compe ion in that conference other than Ohio State. He could compete for National Championships within 2-3 years. (Well...at least a spot in the playoff)

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I would like to see Michigan near the top again.
    Help em out Jim.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Michigan is desperate, but I hope this happens as a fan of college football.

Urban needs some compe ion in the Big 10.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I agree I would like to see Jim back in the College game. Plus, I dislike the niners.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    That much money for a coach who's won zero national les or Super Bowls?

Why would a respected NFL coach who can land another NFL gig ever want to go back to baby sitting? Dealing with the alumni, the parents, dumb kids who can run a 4.4 (Big10 speed) but can't make the grades, so ya have to figure out how to keep them eligible.....nay!

I'd take the Raidees job, there he has a good young QB who appears to have "it". A couple drafts, a few stud free agents....9-7 then who knows?

36/7/7
    My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    Why would a respected NFL coach who can land another NFL gig ever want to go back to baby sitting? Dealing with the alumni, the parents, dumb kids who can run a 4.4 (Big10 speed) but can't make the grades, so ya have to figure out how to keep them eligible.....nay!

I'd take the Raidees job, there he has a good young QB who appears to have "it". A couple drafts, a few stud free agents....9-7 then who knows?
    48 million reasons

48 million reasons
    Harbaugh has a family to take into consideration here. It's not always about $$$$$ once you already have $$$$$$$. Is it really worth a life style change?

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    If he rejects then it's over for this program
    Yep, because if Jim turns this down how do offer the next guy on the list, any offer would be insult. At that point they would probably have to find some up and comer coach in a smaller conference or a lower division and take a chance on them, which worked out so well with Hoke.

Harbaugh has a family to take into consideration here. It's not always about $$$$$ once you already have $$$$$$$. Is it really worth a life style change?
    Guess what, it is for some and not for others. Time will tell.

The Raiders job. No one wants to work for that dumpster fire. Coaching a storied program, albeit in a tailspin > Laughing stock NFL franchise. I would personally like to see Jim stay in the NFL but there are pros and cons to each coaching position, just a matter of what Jim wants to do.

Yep, because if Jim turns this down how do offer the next guy on the list, any offer would be insult. At that point they would probably have to find some up and comer coach in a smaller conference or a lower division and take a chance on them, which worked out so well with Hoke.

Guess what, it is for some and not for others. Time will tell.

The Raiders job. No one wants to work for that dumpster fire. Coaching a storied program, albeit in a tailspin > Laughing stock NFL franchise. I would personally like to see Jim stay in the NFL but there are pros and cons to each coaching position, just a matter of what Jim wants to do.
    It's not so much about the Raiders as it is being able to stay put. Don't think that isn't a real big deal.

It appears that Harbaugh will be taking that Michigan job.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    ps why the is my wolverines skin purple? It's #goblue for a reason

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    ps why the is my wolverines skin purple? It's #goblue for a reason
    Kinda looks like Penn State color. Looking at the blue in the "M" logo against the "blue" skin, it's not the same color. Not even close. Maybe they can't use the exact color because of trademark (I know Tennessee has this), but they could definitely get the tones closer.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    And Harbaugh should definitely go to Michigan. Secure funding for an incredible staff, hire two or three young stud recruiters, and get yourself a great OC/DC and they'll be back in three years and Harbaugh will only ever have to worry about games.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's Avante?

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's Avante?
    Isn't he waiting around to see what NFL jobs come available? That tells me he's not ...oh boy Michigan wants me.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    ^Exactly.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And Harbaugh should definitely go to Michigan. Secure funding for an incredible staff, hire two or three young stud recruiters, and get yourself a great OC/DC and they'll be back in three years and Harbaugh will only ever have to worry about games.
    He WILL worry about games.
    The Harbaughs don't like losing. And they will coach, no way these guys just sit back and stay complacent.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Of course he will worry about games. My post was a list of things he could easily do with a desperate Michigan program, securing talent amidst his staff so that he can only worry about the games, little else.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Of course he will worry about games. My post was a list of things he could easily do with a desperate Michigan program, securing talent amidst his staff so that he can only worry about the games, little else.
    My bad.
    Sorry.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information