Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's injury-plagued stretches like this that really makes you question the front office when it comes to how they use the MLE. They used it last year on Ayres and Marco. Ayres was supposed to buy Duncan rest during the season - he's been a massive disappoint and looks worse than most D-League players. Marco was a lateral move from Neal - just as bad defensively and just as ineffective come playoff time(maybe less - at least Neal had a big game or two in the post-season).

This year, they opted not to use any of the MLE. Having another impact would be useful right about now. Instead, we're forced to play Bonner 18 mpg this season(up from his 11 mpg the last two years) and Daye 11 mpg. Daye shouldn't be seeing ANY playing time and Bonner should have retired already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's injury-plagued stretches like this that really makes you question the front office when it comes to how they use the MLE. They used it last year on Ayres and Marco. Ayres was supposed to buy Duncan rest during the season - he's been a massive disappoint and looks worse than most D-League players. Marco was a lateral move from Neal - just as bad defensively and just as ineffective come playoff time(maybe less - at least Neal had a big game or two in the post-season).

This year, they opted not to use any of the MLE. Having another impact would be useful right about now. Instead, we're forced to play Bonner 18 mpg this season(up from his 11 mpg the last two years) and Daye 11 mpg. Daye shouldn't be seeing ANY playing time and Bonner should have retired already.
    Well, it's not like Pop didn't have an alternative. Baynes was suited up. I think Pop still thinks Bonner is a floor spacer, but I rather have Diaw playing that role 100 times out of 100 times.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm much rather have Neal in the playoffs over Belinelli as a scorer, but I can't stand Neal breaking the offense and chucking up shots and not passing the ball. They're both bad on defense and I haven't forgotten Neal leaving a shoeless Miller wide open. You can't win with either of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you guys get it? He'll never ing go away! He'll retire but then will still be hired to the staff, probably be the head coach, eventually be the owner, and then be buried underneath the court with a ing statue made in his honor. He'll haunt us for the rest of our ing lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm much rather have Neal in the playoffs over Belinelli as a scorer, but I can't stand Neal breaking the offense and chucking up shots and not passing the ball. They're both bad on defense and I haven't forgotten Neal leaving a shoeless Miller wide open. You can't win with either of them.
    I don't get the Neal hate. Patty is just as much a chucker as Neal was. I remember multiple games last year where he was taking more shots than Parker and Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you guys get it? He'll never ing go away! He'll retire but then will still be hired to the staff, probably be the head coach, eventually be the owner, and then be buried underneath the court with a ing statue made in his honor. He'll haunt us for the rest of our ing lives.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the Neal hate. Patty is just as much a chucker as Neal was. I remember multiple games last year where he was taking more shots than Parker and Kawhi.
    I don't know how to say it, Neal just goes off on his own and looks for his own shot.

Patty seems to let it flow more and the ball movement is way better IMO with Patty. The ball movement wasn't as great with Neal. Patty also worked hard to at least come into last season with the intention of improving on the defensive end of the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, he's even infested our ing sodas, brainwashed disturbed kids into getting his face as a haircut, and getting me to ing hate sandwiches which I once loved until he started declaring his love for them. Yes, he's a sick .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matty went in raw in '13 playoffs tho
    He'll show up when it matters and Pop knows that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They do have similar features...

Kawhiiii
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When shooters develop a game outside of shooting, they tend to lose abit of their shooting touch tbh, especially for role players. The mindset used to be "i get the ball, if i am open, i shoot, if not i pass." Now its "i get the ball, should i shoot, or should i fake the shot and drive in?" This results in hesitation that causes role players to miss their shots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I missed the game but looking at the box score I'm like catatonic that Baynes didn't play..guys been a boss lately..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea why Baynes didn't play, unless it's CIA Pop hiding him for a potential playoff matchup
    Would've been nice to see Bayne put some hard fouls on the Fat Towers tbh. Boner should only be played against OKC imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it's not like Pop didn't have an alternative. Baynes was suited up. I think Pop still thinks Bonner is a floor spacer, but I rather have Diaw playing that role 100 times out of 100 times.
    It's pretty ridiculous that we're going backwards and giving Bonner the most mpg he's had since the 2012 season. I thought Pop and the Spurs had moved on from that bull two years ago. Here we are in 2014 giving Matty almost 20 mpg every night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well , I'd still rather have him take an open three than Austin Daye. Well, I mean, I'd rather have him do most things instead of Austin Daye doing them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't even shoot 3's anymore...
    I hate how he's hesitating. He did that yesterday a couple of times. He needs to take those threes and not flinch in self-doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am glad that i missed the game, i would've been so mad watching Zbo destroy Diaw/Bonner while Splitter was sitting on the bench

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well , I'd still rather have him take an open three than Austin Daye. Well, I mean, I'd rather have him do most things instead of Austin Daye doing them.
    Daye shouldn't even be on an NBA team. He has a 2.57 PER and is shooting 28% from three(29% overall). He's a shooter that can't shoot. WTF is he even doing on our roster?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daye shouldn't even be on an NBA team. He has a 2.57 PER and is shooting 28% from three(29% overall). He's a shooter that can't shoot. WTF is he even doing on our roster?
    I agree, I'm not one of those Spurs fans who expects the final spots on our rosters to be amazing or anything, but I realistically can't imagine there aren't other dudes in the d-league or FAs or ing anyone that might be worth giving a shot rather than Austin Daye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner's another regular season minutes eater. You won't see much of him in the playoffs. I'll give Bonner credit for improving his dribble and hook shot when the defense runs him off the 3 pt line. Whether rightly or wrongly labeled, Bonner has a perceived reputation as a very good three point shooter. Only Spurs fans who watch him all the time know the real deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, younger Matt Bonner kinda looks like Pop tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, younger Matt Bonner kinda looks like Pop tbh

LOL...Pop and Conan O'Brien's love child.

Thread Information