Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Journeyman Jermaine O'Neal will be a mav by week's end, according to reports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Feigen: Don't be surprised if Celtics look to flip Wright. One of the reasons Celtics needed a deal done by Friday. Twitter Jonathan_Feigen - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.WLvQmJyp.dpuf

Landing Wright would be incredible for the Spurs...
    Wright would be nice but Baynes has been progressing nicely. Depends on Splitter's health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wright would be nice but Baynes has been progressing nicely. Depends on Splitter's health.
    Adding Wright would help the Spurs immensely, regardless of Splitter's health. He's light years beyond Baynes and Ayres.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rondo has mailed it in playing for a ty team. That motivation will come back playing for a le contender. Throw in the fact that he can gamble on defense like he did for the 08 Boston squad now that he has Chandler behind him
    Rondo was benched for Eddie House in the 2008 playoffs..

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Journeyman Jermaine O'Neal will be a mav by week's end, according to reports.
    He played well for GS. Health always the issue though.

Solid pickup for the Mavs too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt if Houston is 100% for Rondo. They're eyeing & waiting for Dragic.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs got screwed on this trade. Not sure what they were thinking. They now have no backup center with injury prone Chandler as the starter. Crowder and Wright actually had some success against the Spurs. And stat-padder Rondo isn't some sort of offensive genius like Chris Paul. The Mavs already had a great offens

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rondo does not need to shoot to make a huge difference. He is a solid defender and he averages 11 assists a game on a crappy Celtics team.

I doubt Dallas with Dirk/Parsons/Ellis need his shooting. He is a gigantic upgrade at very low cost.

The "what if Tyson Chandler gets hurt" scenario applies to every team. What if Ibaka gets hurt? What if Duncan (heck, even Splitter gets hurt)? The answer is simple, you will not win a championship without a key rotation player. In which case what difference does it make as far as Dirk/Cuban is concerned?

I am sure they will make more moves to get a blue collar big (think Birdman), but this is an upgrade in every way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow they got rondo for picks and scraps, no brainer for the mavs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs got screwed on this trade. Not sure what they were thinking. They now have no backup center with injury prone Chandler as the starter. Crowder and Wright actually had some success against the Spurs. And stat-padder Rondo isn't some sort of offensive genius like Chris Paul. The Mavs already had a great offens
    Not sure if serious. They gave up very little to get a quality player. And they're signing Jermaine O'Neal to be their backup Center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Away from the internet for 12 hours and this happens....da fuq?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, thats not a great return. Crowder, Powell, Wright ( I really like BTW), and Nelson (also liked, at least during his prime) a second rounder and a future 1st. They get a massive trade exception of $13 million but teams don't generally use those when they go in to tank mode.

Bill Simmons actualy had an intereting idea to send Rondo and the Clippers 1st rounder to the Knicks (likely 25th-30th) for Bargnani's expiring deal and the Knicks pick this year (likely top 5) that would give the C's two top 10 picks (possibly two top 5 picks, depending on how badly they played out the year).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do some people keep saying "Rondo doesn't have to shoot"?.

When has a pass-first, ball-dominant PG that can't score ever succeeded in the NBA?

In fact, the only great playoff run Rondo has ever had(2012) happened because his jump shot was hot for that entire playoff run, particularly against Miami in the ECFs..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rondo post ACL has been a mediocre assist whoring, free throw bricking, net negative for a miserable Boston team.

And the folks here think he is going to push the Mavs over the hump. Hmm. Lets see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker once called Rondo the most overrated PG in the NBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do some people keep saying "Rondo doesn't have to shoot"?.

When has a pass-first, ball-dominant PG that can't score ever succeeded in the NBA?

In fact, the only great playoff run Rondo has ever had(2012) happened because his jump shot was hot for that entire playoff run, particularly against Miami in the ECFs..
    He won a ring with Boston big three and got to the NBA finals one additional time and the second NBA finals.

He was easily as important as Kwahi/Green for that Boston team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...yoffs_per_game

12 points a game, 8-9 assists, and good defense is a great package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won a ring with Boston big three and got to the NBA finals one additional time and the second NBA finals.

15 PER with a 45% True Shooting(as a 4th option) and benched for Eddie House later in the playoffs..he was a massive liability once the Celtics got deep into the playoffs in 2008, as anybody that watched that run remembers..

He was great in the 2012 playoffs, as I said earlier, when his jump shot was on for the entire run, particularly against Miami..

More importantly, he has since torn his ACL and looked horrible the past 2 years..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rondo does not need to shoot to make a huge difference. He is a solid defender and he averages 11 assists a game on a crappy Celtics team.
    I don't watch the Celtics (why subject myself to that?) but Simmons was saying earlier this year he doesn't even look to shoot and makes passes just to pad assist totals. He has the highest assist rate among PGs (44.9 ... Paul is at 36.9) but a turnover rate that's off the charts (14.2 with Paul at about half of that). At least other high turnover rate guys like Wall put up better shooting percentages.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli...rt/assistRatio

The one number that does jump off the charts is his rebounding rate, which is second among guards to Thabo and ahead of the Greek Freak (SG), and fourth among guards/wings - also behind Acy and Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All depends on team chemistry.
    And this is about it, open and shut case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lmao

Kawhiiii
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People think that players play the same when they are stat padding on a lottery team and when they are on a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas is a jump shooting team and Rondo is great at setting up guys who shoot 2s well. Giving up Wright and Crowder takes athleticism, depth and defense from them. It will be interesting how they develop in the next few months.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas is a jump shooting team and Rondo is great at setting up guys who shoot 2s well. Giving up Wright and Crowder takes athleticism, depth and defense from them. It will be interesting how they develop in the next few months.
    Team looks loaded at the guard spot. Ellis, Harris, Rondo and Barrea. Ridiculous!

They've definitely lost a lot of backup size. Wright gave them a lot of easy pick and roll opportunities. There's nobody to really backup Chandler now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe on defense we can put Tiago on Dirk, Timmy on Tyson, Kawhi on Parsons, Danny on Ellis and hide Tony/Manu/Patty/Marco on Rondo since he can't shoot. More flexibility for us.

Thread Information