Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did he do ok? Those picks are going to be near the end of their respective rounds, Nelson sucks, Crowder is complete . Wright is a serviceable backup, but damn that's a weak haul. I can't believe Sacramento couldn't beat that offer. Also, how is Ainge letting Dallas do this deal without dumping Jeff Green's contract on them too?
    I said he cost the C's. He did ok because at least he got a first. Wright has enough potential to be worth a look. It's not a great deal but if he can get an assett for Green it will make more sense vs just salary dumping him. Prob was going to be tough to get a player worth anything for Rondo.

If you think Green has value (not sure he does) then getting a pick for him is better than salary dumping him.

Again, it's uninspiring like I said, but they weren't paying Rondo & his value was pretty low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good

Top teams will play some good zone D vs the Mavs

leave Rondo wide open, we'll take care of the other 4 players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm shocked no one was willing to pay more for Rondo. If this was the bar to beat, then can't believe teams couldn't do that.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    But...but...I thought the Lakers were signing Rondo in the offseason?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ing conference this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good

Top teams will play some good zone D vs the Mavs

leave Rondo wide open, we'll take care of the other 4 players
    If it was that easy, how did they win a le?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm shocked no one was willing to pay more for Rondo. If this was the bar to beat, then can't believe teams couldn't do that.
    You mean not willing to overpay for Rondo?

If his agents used his stats as a reference point, then it'S ing r ed since Rondo stat pads on a ty team in garbage time

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Has he played relevant ball in the past 2 years? That's an honest question. Also, how are Ellis and Rondo going to share the backcourt together, both are ball dominant guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was that easy, how did they win a le?
    Because Kirby

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Wow, Dallas gets a legit two way point guard for a bag of crap.
    I wouldn't call a point guard who can't shoot and pads his assists "two-way." They did get him for cheap though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mavericks approach to their roster is flawed in my view. They have no clue how to draft -they don't value their number one picks at all - they are not terrific at player development either. Most of their #1 picks stick around for a year or two and are then dealt for a veteran guy from another team.

As a result, they are constantly tearing up their roster resulting in zero continuity. They are going all in for this year, when it counts these guys may not know each other that well in the playoffs.

The owner and the GM in Dallas have no patience at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Monta doesn't exercise his option & looks to get paid next year, Dallas might be looking at having to pay Tyson, Rondo & Monta next off season. They will be around 36M in salaries but they might have to pony up some dough for those guys. Lots of potential though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't call a point guard who can't shoot and pads his assists "two-way." They did get him for cheap though.
    does the PG stad pad his rebounds too?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dirk, Daddy Tyson, Rondo & Parsons >> Tammy, TP, Kiwi, & Manure - yet BNSF on here trying to this shiiiiiiiiiiit!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has he played relevant ball in the past 2 years? That's an honest question. Also, how are Ellis and Rondo going to share the backcourt together, both are ball dominant guards.
    No he had not. But it's still Rondo. PGs are valued so highly in this NBA and finding one that has championship experience isn't easy. It wasn't a steep price at all. Even overpaying now meant paying wayyy less than trying to trade for him 2 years ago.

Just surprised that this was the Rondo price even taking into consideration his flaws & recent play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mavericks approach to their roster is flawed in my view. They have no clue how to draft -they don't value their number one picks at all - they are not terrific at player development either. Most of their #1 picks stick around for a year or two and are then dealt for a veteran guy from another team.

As a result, they are constantly tearing up their roster resulting in zero continuity. They are going all in for this year, when it counts these guys may not know each other that well in the playoffs.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Not a fan a starting backcourt that can't shoot.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

I think they realize Dirk's window is closing soon so they are making one last push for a le before he walks off into the sunset. There will be to pay when he finally decides to hang up the laces though since they are mortgaging off their future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Villanueva going to be the first big off the bench now?

Rondo
    Monta
    Parsons
    Dirk
    Chandler

Bench:

Harris
    Jefferson
    Villanueva
    Barea
    Rashard
    Aminu
    Felton
    Rodrigue
    Greg Smith
    Powell

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    does the PG stad pad his rebounds too?
    Rondo pads stats, you own cats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good thing. I don't mind Dirk getting two as long as it keeps Jim from repeating. Go Mav s!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rondo 1, CP3

Shhhhhh!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LKRfan

Why should you care? Just go and enjoy 7-21 nights for the next 55-60 games this year and next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a fan a starting backcourt that can't shoot.
    Monta can shoot. Their entire team outside of Tyson/Rondo can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rondo pads stats, you own cats.
    You're a Cherokee that lives in a teepee.

Thread Information