My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Kerr
    Mike Budenholzer
    Dwane Casey
    Randy Wittman
    Terry Stotts

If the Warriors get a top 3 seed, Kerr will be an obvious shoe-in. What Casey is doing with that Raptors roster is incredible imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr will win this because of hype.

I'm the greatest kamikazi_player's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are excellent choices....I think Kerr will win because he's taking this warriors team to the next level and they are actually playing defense now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Joerger is a candidate as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs manage to get 1 seed, does Pop go back to back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Kerr
    Mike Budenholzer
    Dwane Casey
    Randy Wittman
    Terry Stotts

If the Warriors get a top 3 seed, Kerr will be an obvious shoe-in. What Casey is doing with that Raptors roster is incredible imo
    Lose Stotts and replace him with Joerger and you have a solid list.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are excellent choices....I think Kerr will win because he's taking this warriors team to the next level and they are actually playing defense now.
    The Warriors were an elite defensive team last year. But now they're not playing constant isoball like they were under Jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lose Stotts and replace him with Joerger and you have a solid list.
    We can certainly add him to the list. His cut his teeth coaching for many years, and is universally praised for developing younger players into NBA material. Honestly didn't know much about him until this year, but he also inherited a playoff ready Grizzly roster and Conley is in his prime. Hollins had that team ready to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Kerr doesn't get it. It would be a bad omen especially if he doesn't get any further than they did last season.

It's too early to tell, not enough hardship overcome yet, but I could see Pop in the running if the Spurs end up atop the West.

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I hope Kerr doesn't get it. It would be a bad omen especially if he doesn't get any further than they did last season.

It's too early to tell, not enough hardship overcome yet, but I could see Pop in the running if the Spurs end up atop the West.
    That would be something. Specially with Pop resting key players on a night to night basis now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr, Joerger, and Casey have to be the top 3 based on their team's success.

Joerger would be my personal choice though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joerger is a candidate as well

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I hope Kerr doesn't get it.
    I want them to win the championship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Bud, easily, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is warriors get top seed, then bow out in the first round? kerr has no business winnin coty

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Casey and Wittman are coaches getting inflated by the East, and Stotts is a gimmick, tbh. Budenholzer should be COY.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Casey and Wittman are coaches getting inflated by the East. Budenholzer should be COY.
    Budenholzer also coaches in the East, so how is any of anything that he's doing different from Dwane Casey and Randy Wittman...?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Budenholzer also coaches in the East, so how is any of anything that he's doing different from Dwane Casey and Randy Wittman...?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    He actually has a system and gets the most out of his players, the other two are just generic vanilla NBA coaches.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He actually has a system and gets the most out of his players, the other two are just generic vanilla NBA coaches.
    Dwane Casey has such a roster that it ain't even funny, and he's actually got them playing playoff basketball.

Randy Wittman reached the second round last year and he's building on the success they had.

I don't know anything about the system that you are talking about, but these two coaches are maxing out the potential from two flawed rosters in the East as much as Bud is squeezing the most out of his Hawks roster.

And they actually get people to watch their games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr will win it. He's a fantastic coach for sure, but he has the talent to work with. It's not like he turned the 76ers into a 35-win team. It's really a testament to how bad a coach Jackson is.

Casey is really a bland coach, he's the typical rah rah type who is getting the Raptors to play hard and all out every game. They have a great record, and is one of the top offenses in the league despite having one of the lowest assist rates, and most of that is due to the heavy load of Lowry, offensive rebounds, low turnovers, and high number of FTs. This is a team of very talented one on one ballers (Lowry, Derozon, Lou), and a bunch of big men who is willing to do the dirty work down low (Johnson, Patterson, Valascunias). It's not a bad roster by any stretch, but this is a team that will not go too far in the playoffs because 1) FTs are harder to come by in the POs, one on one games can be easily neutralized with the right game plan, and rebounds will be closely guarded.
    Last edited by ambchang; 12-19-2014 at 10:51 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pop should ultimately win it again...I'm sick of this being the yearly"came outta nowhere" award, only to see half the recipients fade away into oblivion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going with Bud. He's basically taken over the Atlanta Hawks franchise now that Ferry is gone. I could see a lot of Spurs personnel jumping ship after Pop retires tbh. I really wanted Bud to take over from Pop. Oh well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want them to win the championship
    Wish in one hand, in the other. Report back on which gets full first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr will win it. He's a fantastic coach for sure, but he has the talent to work with. It's not like he turned the 76ers into a 35-win team. It's really a testament to how bad a coach Jackson is.

Casey is really a bland coach, he's the typical rah rah type who is getting the Raptors to play hard and all out every game. They have a great record, and is one of the top offenses in the league despite having one of the lowest assist rates, and most of that is due to the heavy load of Lowry, offensive rebounds, low turnovers, and high number of FTs. This is a team of very talented one on one ballers (Lowry, Derozon, Lou), and a bunch of big men who is willing to do the dirty work down low (Johnson, Patterson, Valascunias). It's not a bad roster by any stretch, but this is a team that will not go too far in the playoffs because 1) FTs are harder to come by in the POs, one on one games can be easily neutralized with the right game plan, and rebounds will be closely guarded.
    Jesus ing Christ, fantastic coach before even Christmas, for a team that's made the playoffs the last couple of years already? Seriously? What has he done to show how fantastic of a coach he is?

I stopped reading after "fantastic coach for sure".

Thread Information