Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Count
    It's hard to say Cowboy was controlling the distance when Bendo was striking when he wanted and Cowboy stood there.
    So now you're changing the argument. You said he was in control. Backing up does not mean you're in control. Benson was backing up the ENTIRE fight and either A) waiting to throw counters or B) throwing oblique kicks.

That is a pussy way for a guy who thinks he should still be the #1 contender to fight.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    So now you're changing the argument. You said he was in control. Backing up does not mean you're in control. Benson was backing up the ENTIRE fight and either A) waiting to throw counters or B) throwing oblique kicks.

That is a pussy way for a guy who thinks he should still be the #1 contender to fight.
    What?

Post Count
    Christ, talk about his last bout

Post Count
    Christ, talk about his last bout
    The one that had him throwing counters and backing up all night?

You said the first round to Benson when they showed a graphic at the end of the round that showed Cowboy advancing 46% of the time while Benson was advancing 12 or 14%.
    Let's talk about that statistic. Since you so clearly rated round 1 in favor of Benson because he was superior in "aggression" and "octagon control".
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 01-19-2015 at 01:23 PM.

Post Count
    I can't believe we watched the same fight. How the can you say Benson controlled the octagon when Cerrone stood dead center almost the entire fight? Benson was also FAR more of a counter puncher aside from those weak oblique kicks that did nothing to hurt Cerrone. You said the first round to Benson when they showed a graphic at the end of the round that showed Cowboy advancing 46% of the time while Benson was advancing 12 or 14%.
    And Nick Diaz was controlling the fight vs Condit huh?

Post Count
    And Nick Diaz was controlling the fight vs Condit huh?
    Christ, talk about the last fight.

Post Count
    Oh wait, you can't, since Benson has made a career out of pointing fighters in very close matches and relying on the judges to gift him victories (Edgar II, Mendelez, Thomson, Cerrone).

Post Count
    Christ, talk about the last fight.
    I just did, but made my analogy towards the controlling of a fight.

Post Count
    Oh wait, you can't, since Benson has made a career out of pointing fighters in very close matches and relying on the judges to gift him victories (Edgar II, Mendelez, Thomson, Cerrone).
    So you are Benson hater, so I cannot see your point valid at all

Post Count

Post Count

Post Count
    Aldo is going to make him look like the armature.

Time to root for Conor just to piss off you and Pole..

Post Count
    Go to 12:25 Funny stuff...

Post Count

Time to root for Conor just to piss off you and Pole..
    No I just gonna lie, cheat, be fake and use cocaine to mask PEDs

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    I don't care about the flipping off gesture per say, what I don't like is that they enable him to be so disrespectful towards his opponents. It's only gonna get worse if nobody sets a line: he thinks people dig it, so he keeps pushing the boundaries and it's progressively getting out of control. What will you say when next time he spits in Aldo's face? Will you still be alright with that?
    Wait... What? You do watch MMA, right? Like, the real fights, and not just highlights on FS1, right? You can't be serious about your post, and I'm just going to chalk this up to a really poor trolling attempt -- although, you got me to waste at least this much time.

Believe.
    Post Count
    My my you really burned me here. I just think fighters should leave the fight inside the octagon and be pros outside of it, which McGregor clearly isn't. One more immature prick after Jones 2 weeks ago. How is that trolling?

Post Count
    My my you really burned me here. I just think fighters should leave the fight inside the octagon and be pros outside of it, which McGregor clearly isn't. One more immature prick after Jones 2 weeks ago. How is that trolling?
    Trolling is all he does around here.. He will start soon with racist and phobic comments if you keep talking to him..

Post Count
    Yeah, they'd get a ton of PPV buys if every fighter had the same personality and never talked trash or did anything unpredictable.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Alright, here's the interesting part of all of this: I agree with you, to some extent. I think McGregor is a head, just like I think the Diaz sisters are heads, just like I think Anderson Silva is a head. I really hated Chael Sonnen before I figured out that he didn't really mean anything he said and that all he was doing was trying to get paid. I know McGregor is doing the same thing, but there is just something different about the way he and the others I mentioned do it. I don't like disrespectful fighters as a rule. That being said, you can't regulate disrespect. That would be like banning fights in hockey; it's part of the game, not just from an entertainment standpoint, but from a mental me vs. you standpoint. Silva had most of his fights won before he ever stepped in the cage, same with the Diaz pukes. 99.99% of the time, the disrespectful talkers of any sport are the ones that rely on talking because they lack skill, and they usually don't last long in whatever sport they're in. Every sport has their exceptions, but they are always rare.

Trolling is all he does around here.. He will start soon with racist and phobic comments if you keep talking to him..
    I think you may want to look up the definition of trolling. I only post in this forum because I like MMA, like making predictions, and like seeing what other people think and say. I have been on the sherdog forums once or twice, but couldn't stand them. I have maybe ten posts on mmashare. Other than that, this is the only place I talk about MMA. I'm sorry that it seems like I pick on you, but dammit man, you're just so pick-onable. I agree with you every blue moon, but that's about it. Your takes on MMA usually suck; not my fault.

As for the racist/ phobic nonsense, well, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe while you're looking up the definition of "trolling" you can look up "satire" and "sarcasm" for some enlightenment.

Mormon Krew, out.

Believe.
    Post Count
    I don't think fines prevented fights from happening in hockey. I was just thinking with a fine at least the UFC could act that they don't agree with McGregor flipping off other fighters.

And to people who say that doing this would kill the excitement from MMA, well, I'm pretty pumped up for the Gus vs AJ fight and they did absolutely zero trash talking. I accept that it's part of McGregor's persona and hype, I just don't need it to enjoy fights. And as you said, the big difference between Chael and McGregor is that it looks like McGregor is starting to believe his own bull .

Thread Information