Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    Post Count
    It's early stoppage when the ref leaves it to prediction of what could have happened. Yes Hendo got rocked but he was still aware and he's been in worse situations before that he overcame.

please don't end from eye poke...

RUMBLE!!!!!

4-0 on picks!!!

Believe.
    Post Count
    Oh my ing god.

Post Count
    Johnson is a in beast..

Post Count
    Jones/AJ just became a must see fight..

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    Well that was unexpected.

Post Count
    Gus got destroyed oh my

Post Count
    What a monster. Holy .

Believe.
    Post Count
    Incredible. I really thought Gus would be able to avoid this kind of situation. Beware Jon Jones.

Post Count
    Jones didn't come close to doing that to Gus.

Post Count
    I feel bad for Sweden

Post Count
    This guy can KO anybody. HW included..

Post Count
    Jones didn't come close to doing that to Gus.
    He doesn't possess that kind of power.. Jones will have to break AJ down methodically..

great line:

Jason Nawara @JasonNawara
    #MMANicknameOriginStory Rumble came from the rumble in Anthony Johnson's welterweight tummy.

Post Count
    He doesn't possess that kind of power.. Jones will have to break AJ down methodically..
    Jones has leveled and knocked out plenty of fighters. He just doesn't throw a lot of power shots.

Originally Posted by thiste
    What impressed me was Jones' ability to eat Cormier's many punches and still keep his focus. I can't imagine many fighters surviving these first 3 rounds against a great Cormier, and THEN taking over the fight like he did. I don't know how long he'll keep that chin but right now, he's incredible.

I'm almost as excited about the Gus vs Johnson fight. That LHW division looks most impressive right now. Can't wait.
    Originally Posted by Robz4000
    Sucks Gustafson Jones part II is so far away. Only match up I can't say Bones is a strong favorite in. , he should've lost the first match.

I wouldn't take AJ lightly in that fight against Gus. I am most like picking AJ in that fight, unless something drastically changes.

As for the Jones fight, definitely had his chin tested with all those uppercuts from Cormier. And those TDs in the 4th round, wow, just momentum shifter. Also Cormier, while finally getting that huge TD/slam; he wasted all the round trying to achieve it; should have used the energy on striking...

Oh and I guess Bones watched some DX highlight footage prior to the fight, lol.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    Jones has leveled and knocked out plenty of fighters. He just doesn't throw a lot of power shots.
    Jones hit Gus with some hard shots and never got close to rocking him like that. Rumble's power is on another level.

Best thing about AJ are his kicks, they don't just create space, they do damage as well, and help open up his punching power.

Post Count
    Yes he does he was trying to take DC and Gus heads off with kicks all night.. He has solid but not spectacular power..

Post Count
    Jones hit Gus with some hard shots and never got close to rocking him like that. Rumble's power is on another level.
    Again, Jones doesn't throw punches to end fights right away. He's technical and picks his spots. Notice that few people catch Jones out of position? It's because he doesn't load up on big shots like that. It doesn't mean he can't. Obviously Rumble has more power but Jones chooses to be a different type of striker.

Post Count
    Best thing about AJ are his kicks, they don't just create space, they do damage as well, and help open up his punching power.
    Jones will need his wrestling in this fight and mix it up likes he always does.. This is now a big fight to look forward too..

Post Count
    Again, Jones doesn't throw punches to end fights right away. He's technical and picks his spots. Notice that few people catch Jones out of position? It's because he doesn't load up on big shots like that. It doesn't mean he can't. Obviously Rumble has more power but Jones chooses to be a different type of striker.
    Jones doesn't load up much on punches but he likes to on kicks especially the high left kick to the head..

Thread Information