Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Got my 5-0 streak back again!!!

Watched the fights this morning, Bones looked great; Rumble probably gets a le fight soon.

Cormier, Rumble, Gustafsson = Bones has some good fights in the future.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    Post Count
    Gus isn't as good as most of us thought. He only fights well against point strikers. He threw a sparring front kick when Rumble was within punching range and got caught by a basic counter. I don't know what he was thinking, but that was sad.

Post Count
    Gus isn't as good as most of us thought. He only fights well against point strikers. He threw a sparring front kick when Rumble was within punching range and got caught by a basic counter. I don't know what he was thinking, but that was sad.
    Rumble was pretty much stalking and throwing bombs from the get go.. He had to fight that way because I think he knew as the fight went on Gus would be more well rounded and pick him apart.. That power is thudding..

Believe.
    Post Count
    Jones will need his wrestling in this fight and mix it up likes he always does.. This is now a big fight to look forward too..
    Phil Davis tried to take Rumble down for the whole 3 rounds in their fight, and he failed miserably. Do you really think that should be the go to strategy for Jones?

Should be starting soon

Post Count
    Rumble was pretty much stalking and throwing bombs from the get go.. He had to fight that way because I think he knew as the fight went on Gus would be more well rounded and pick him apart.. That power is thudding..
    Exactly which makes it even more mind boggling that he would throw a kick like hes in the 5th round.

Post Count
    Phil Davis tried to take Rumble down for the whole 3 rounds in their fight, and he failed miserably. Do you really think that should be the go to strategy for Jones?
    Not saying he should be shooting for TD's from round 1 on but he needs to be Jones and use all his tools.. Jones may try to outstrike him just to prove a point he likes to do that sort of thing.. He can take down anyone.. He proved that in the DC fight..

yeah, can't really compare Phil Davis TDs to Bones'; that is all Phil really has other then some odd ground submissions; Bones can use them to keep his opponents off balance and open up his striking.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Well, Jones only took down Cormier in the 4th and 5th after he was gassed... not sure a fight against Johnson would last that long.

Post Count
    yeah, can't really compare Phil Davis TDs to Bones'; that is all Phil really has other then some odd ground submissions; Bones can use them to keep his opponents off balance and open up his striking.
    Davis in spite of his college wrestling creds has very sloppy MMA wrestling. He dives for TD's and has never been very good setting them up with his punches. Rashad a few years ago pretty much exposed his MMA wrestling as nothing special..

Post Count
    Well, Jones only took down Cormier in the 4th and 5th after he was gassed... not sure a fight against Johnson would last that long.
    Well obviously the longer it goes that is Jones world..

Believe.
    Post Count
    Well, anyway I think this fight was incredible. AJ is incredible.

In a fight between a technical fighter and a powerful fighter, you always know a first round KO is possible but the technical fighter is usually able to avoid it. So while it was a possibility, I never thought that's how it would end up and moreso that it would be so impressive.

There's a big difference between winning a fight, and winning impressively like that, especially against a guy who half of the fans believe he won the fight against Jon Bones Jones.

So yeah, maybe Bones will be able to find a solution to the riddle Rumble poses, you never know. But honestly, I just don't see any right now.

Post Count
    So yeah, maybe Bones will be able to find a solution to the riddle Rumble poses, you never know. But honestly, I just don't see any right now.
    Well now hold on here lets be clear.. Jones has far more ways to win the fight.. AJ needs to head hunt and land something huge.. Jones needs to be Jones

Wrestle/strike go for subs.. Jones could get taken out in the first or he could wear him down like he does and win a lopsided UD or take AJ out late..

Jones has shown he can fight inside/outside, wrestle, sub, play the cardio game.. He is the prime Tim Duncan of MMA.. Every skill in the book..

AJ just said he heard Gus' corner say "front push kick" and he knew how to counter that.

Post Count
    Apparently Gus' corner yelled out front push kick and Rumble heard it and was anticipating it

Post Count
    AJ just said he heard Gus' corner say "front push kick" and he knew how to counter that.
    Great strategy by Gus' corner, yell out his moves so his opponent can hear. What a of a corner man

not sure why they said it in English, lol

Post Count
    always goes bad when fights are on fox

Post Count
    always goes bad when fights are on fox
    Overall card was horrible sadly.. UFC should cut Davis IMO.. That is cold but the dude is boring and never going to be a champion..

After Jones vs Johnson - no matter the results, Bones will have fought every top contender at LHW.

Post Count
    Overall card was horrible sadly.. UFC should cut Davis IMO.. That is cold but the dude is boring and never going to be a champion..
    "Wonderful? I think it's time for a new nickname" - Jon Jones

Post Count
    After Jones vs Johnson - no matter the results, Bones will have fought every top contender at LHW.
    Yeah if you look at the division he will have fought them all.. Gus is young and can work his way back but outside the current top 3 (Will change) Gus, DC, Rumble he has no threats.. Beat DC and Gus and Shad is ranked 4 with Davis ranked 5.. UFC should fire Davis after that cluster ..

Post Count
    "Wonderful? I think it's time for a new nickname" - Jon Jones
    I'd go with no heart...

Post Count
    In the case that Bones defeats Rumble he would sweep his division and have a chance for a super fight against Cain.

Post Count
    I'd go with no heart...
    Phil 'No Heart' Davis has a good ring to it

Thread Information