Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Count
    In the case that Bones defeats Rumble he would sweep his division and have a chance for a super fight against Cain.
    Fight of the year right there.. 2016..

Post Count
    Phil 'No Heart' Davis has a good ring to it
    Apt description for him too.. Someone should tell him if you are trying to talk your way into a le shot do not perform like a pussy in what should be an easy fight..

CubanSucksSuperFunTimeGo! Pauly D's Avatar
    Post Count
    Gus got destroyed oh my

Gus isn't as good as most of us thought. He only fights well against point strikers. He threw a sparring front kick when Rumble was within punching range and got caught by a basic counter. I don't know what he was thinking, but that was sad.
    really? I'd say Little Nog got "destroyed", Gus got clipped and did a damn good job trying to recover. His great striking was still on display even after he got wobbly. Looks like you have a little bit of confirmation bias. If he was such an overrated fighter Jones would've ended him. As much as I hate him Jones does have everything in his arsenal except crazy power. AJ has prime Hendo power except in all four limbs AND with the speed of a ing LW. It had nothing to do with Gus.

dude, it might not even ing happen. Imagine this not too crazy scenario. Gus catches one from Johnson who's a headhunter. Now he'll have to take another fight in a stacked division while Jones/Johnson happens. Then he happens to lose that next fight . Jones may NEVER have to face him again. Contenders have slipped before. I want Jones to fight both of these guys so bad but I know that all these guys wanna stay active instead of waiting possibly over a year
    well let's hope Gus can beat ____________. I have a feeling Jones will handle AJ fairly easily tbh. Do some ineffective cutesy striking moves to waist time then handle him in the clinch and ground. This is a bad matchup for AJ

Post Count
    As awesome as Jones fighting HW would be, I think if Gus and Jones both win their next (and Gus HAS to finish and/or dominate) then Jones will be obligated to rematch Gus. It was pretty much Lyoto/Shogun all over except their rematch got ed by...someones injury, right? (I honestly can't remember what ed it up)

Post Count
    As awesome as Jones fighting HW would be, I think if Gus and Jones both win their next (and Gus HAS to finish and/or dominate) then Jones will be obligated to rematch Gus. It was pretty much Lyoto/Shogun all over except their rematch got ed by...someones injury, right? (I honestly can't remember what ed it up)
    Gus and Jones will fight again.. Gus is too young and skilled to go away.. He is a real fighter with heart..

Post Count
    Gus and DC should fight next..

Believe.
    Post Count
    AJ has immense power but also great accuracy in his boxing, great footwork, great speed, great kicks (I think he did kick boxing or karate, I don't remember which), and great takedown defense.

Post Count
    Watching the presser right now. Being somewhat of an AJ fan makes this loss a lot easier. What kinda did he get into back in the day? Domestic violence, right? I can't imagine it with the way he composes himself.

Also, I forgot, am I the only one that thought it was a complete move of Gegard to point out the bleeding? I seriously doubt it was outta concern. Just ing fight, got

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    Post Count
    Honestly though Gus was set up by his ignorant corner man. You can see his anguish was surreal and that will fuel his ambition.

Rumble came back from being submitted by Josh Koshchek (lol) and getting demolished by Vitor.

This loss will make Gus stronger than had he won.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    Gus isn't as good as most of us thought.
    And with that, I just scroll past the rest of your takes.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    I believe that is my first 0-5 card.

i think I'll just go into the corner over there, and have myself a good cry.

Post Count
    Gus isn't as good as most of us thought
    He absolutely is. But sometimes a devastating loss can derail a promising career. The best thing for Gus is to fight DC next. Both coming off emotional losses but will have to be motivated because they are fighting one another. If you put either in there with a lower tier contender they may take it lightly.. A win will get either man right back in the mix..

AJ said he might move up to HW in the future (1:24 mark) as well; already fought at HW against Arlovski and I think one other guy during his stint away from the UFC. So we might get Bones vs Rumble at LHW and Bones vs Rumble at HW.

Post Count
    AJ vs JDS or Cain actually sounds more appetizing than any of them vs Jones. Well, damn, although Cain vs Jones would be fun to watch standing and on the ground

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    He absolutely is. But sometimes a devastating loss can derail a promising career. The best thing for Gus is to fight DC next. Both coming off emotional losses but will have to be motivated because they are fighting one another. If you put either in there with a lower tier contender they may take it lightly.. A win will get either man right back in the mix..
    George Satoropolis (or however you spell it) and Rick Story come to mind. We all heard about Sato because of the Siver fight that just happened, but remember when The Horror Story was young, hungry, and scary as sin? I don't remember who he was supposed to fight, but whoever it was had to pull out at the last minute and this no-name guy, Charlie Brenaman, came in on short notice and totally ed Story up. Rick never seemed to be the same after that one.

Thread Information