Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 straight loses IMO.

The team can do without Parker, but without Leonard....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we pray they all play Christmas day?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we pray they all play Christmas day?
    Well I'll join ya!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At all those who were fine with the imbalanced roster and claimed they didn't need to pick up another PG or at least another wing.

I don't care how minimal said PG/wing would have been, just having someone else who can dribble, has some speed and who can at least physically defend on the perimeter may have made a difference in a game or two.

But I guess having a big, slow, virtual non athlete (relatively speaking, of course), with no true defensive position and a fourth center is more important.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta keep playing hard and hopefully we'll lift a win here or there while we wait for those guys to heal...

We've been on every game in the last contests, just couldn't get over the hump... we're due.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    At this rate Mills will be back before Leonard and Parker.

What a tough game to have those two return to if they play Christmas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony's hamstring was a lot worse than we originally thought obviously.

I don't care about seeding, only health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realistically don't expect any of them back before January tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta keep playing hard and hopefully we'll lift a win here or there while we wait for those guys to heal...

We've been on every game in the last contests, just couldn't get over the hump... we're due.
    They could also be due for massive blowouts. They can't keep playing their asses off shorthanded. Spurs should have cut the dead weight off the roster and tried to upgrade during the off-season.

I'm now pissed off they didn't try and get a backup for Kawhi. RC or Pop, can't remember which of the two said it, but in the 2013 off-season during an interview one of them said they are aware that their is a big hole there behind Kawhi at backup SF. They were able to get by last season without filling it, but I can't believe they thought they could just do it again this season and didn't bother addressing it. That's bordering on negligence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony's hamstring was a lot worse than we originally thought obviously.

I don't care about seeding, only health.
    So you'd be OK with not making the playoffs or finishing 8th behind OKC if it came to that?

I care about health too, but I also care about seeding. I don't want a low seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you'd be OK with not making the playoffs or finishing 8th behind OKC if it came to that?

I care about health too, but I also care about seeding. I don't want a low seed.
    I think most people would care if the Spurs missed the playoffs. But they're injured, what do you want them to do? Trot TP/Kawhi out there and risk the whole season??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you'd be OK with not making the playoffs of finishing 8th behind OKC if it came to that?

Obviously, I would not be OK with missing the playoffs. I don't think there's any danger of that. Even if everything were to go to I can't see us being worse than 7th or 8th and I think a healthy Spurs team can beat Golden State, Memphis or Portland without home court. Obviously, it would be better to be a high seed, but it's not the end of the world. OKC and maybe Dallas are the only teams I'd really fear if we didn't have home court.

And if we were 8th and OKC 7th, then they'd be on the opposite side of the WC bracket. We wouldn't have to worry about them until the Conference finals. A lot can happen on the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could also be due for massive blowouts. They can't keep playing their asses off shorthanded. Spurs should have cut the dead weight off the roster and tried to upgrade during the off-season.

I'm now pissed off they didn't try and get a backup for Kawhi. RC or Pop, can't remember which of the two said it, but in the 2013 off-season during an interview one of them said they are aware that their is a big hole there behind Kawhi at backup SF. They were able to get by last season without filling it, but I can't believe they thought they could just do it again this season and didn't bother addressing it. That's bordering on negligence.
    I wasn't a fan of Daye getting re-signed or Bonner coming back, but they did navigate through the RS last season with basically this same team, including rest and Kawhi getting hurt... and while we might get blown out from here on out, it just hasn't been the case so far. We've been a possession away from winning at least 2 out of the last 3 games against basically what's the cream of the crop in the league at this time.

Obviously, they already knew they were going to be shorthanded with Patty out until January, but trying to guess that Marco, Tiago, Tony and Kawhi were all going to be out with different ailments at some point or another within the first two months of the season it's just something you can't plan for, IMO. When our backups were playing extraordinarily well last season, it was "deepest team ever". When they're not playing well, "dead weight". The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Now, on the backup SF topic specifically, I agree, but I thought that's what they drafted Anderson for. My impression was that was "addressing it". Now, you could say it was a big gamble, and I would probably agree with that.

Ultimately, if you're missing two starters, you're going to struggle. No amount of makeup is going to cover that.
    Last edited by ElNono; 12-21-2014 at 08:22 PM. Reason: typo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't be a chooser when you're a beggar... we've been obviously battling a lot of injuries, and, all in all, we've not done that bad (look how OKC did while missing two starters). At this point, it's all about getting healthy and whole again. You can worry about seeding once you have a full team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inb4 J.Crawford scores 50 points over Belinelli

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter. We'll still lose by 20+.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At all those who were fine with the imbalanced roster and claimed they didn't need to pick up another PG or at least another wing.

I don't care how minimal said PG/wing would have been, just having someone else who can dribble, has some speed and who can at least physically defend on the perimeter may have made a difference in a game or two.

But I guess having a big, slow, virtual non athlete (relatively speaking, of course), with no true defensive position and a fourth center is more important.
    I'm totally happy with all the PT guys like Joseph and Anderson are getting. As long as the Spurs are compe ive during this stretch, I can't complain.

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Manu will be out tomorrow and maybe even the next few games

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the only things out of this that I like is the court time Kyle Anderson has gotten. I'm starting to like his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are winning tomorrow's game. Book it.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177840

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think other teams look at the Spurs and are fearful. They've suffered an incredible amount of injuries to key players and are still 17-11. They've battled playoff teams to tough games while playing mostly second unit guys. When Parker and Mills get healthy, they will have the best 1-2-3 combo at the PG position in the league, and Kyle Anderson is looking like a guy who might actually give them 15 valuable mpg come playoff time. If they get healthy, they will be an incredibly deep and talented team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, Jamal will go off for 30 now.

And as much as I've criticized Manu, I hope he plays. Have to gamble with him at the PG in closing situations until Mills returns or Parker's pussy heals. The odds that he'll close a game better than Belinelli are actually higher, as incredible as that sounds.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Welp, Jamal will go off for 30 now.
    Nah, it'll be the typical brickfest, rendering him completely useless. Also, our SF situation is so bad that gotnelli will look like Kawhi. And let's not forget about how Choke s his pants whenever he sees those black and silver jerseys (yet isn't quite scared enough to stop heroballing and pass the ball). Easy win for the Spurs, IMO. If you don't win this , there's going to be some barrels rolled.

Thread Information