Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. I had friend that spent a bunch of money on a mini disc player when it came out back in mid 90's. Supposed to do away with the CD player. I gave him a lot of . Pretty soon, it was apparent that it was a fail. No one was selling any mini discs after a few months or so. But he still would never admit anything. Would just go on about the sound and the portability of it. Him and his 5 discs.

Actually, that dumbass was me and I still have that thing somewhere.

But I'm thinking you're pretty safe with the earbuds. Come back with an unbiased report.
    Nice thing about speakers in general is that the sound quality stays the same. I have some Mirage floorstanding speakers from the 90s and they still sound absolutely incredible. Same is true for headphones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice thing about speakers in general is that the sound quality stays the same. I have some Mirage floorstanding speakers from the 90s and they still sound absolutely incredible. Same is true for headphones.
    Nice. I had friend that ran a music store and he amassed a small fortune in tube amps because kids would want to trade them for something new. I think the internet did away with most of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. I had friend that ran a music store and he amassed a small fortune in tube amps because kids would want to trade them for something new. I think the internet did away with most of that.
    Tube amps are huge in the audio industry again (not sure if that's the point you were driving at).

Ahhhh I just found out that the seller sent the headphones 2 day shipping so they'll be here by Monday at the latest. Errrg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, got my headphones yesterday around 8pm. Haven't had much of a chance to listen because of work, but...

I would not have believed this sound quality would be possible in this form factor at anywhere near this price. Sure there are custom IEMs or quad drivers that range into $1000+, but that's to be expected.

The sound is absolutely MASSIVE. I don't even know how to describe it. The instruments just shimmer, you can feel the size of the strings that are being played. The soundstage isn't the widest (although fantastic for an IEM) but the spatial details are extremely clear, I can hear different instruments in different parts of the room all the time, especially on live recordings.

I'll give a more thorough review at some point, but needless to say I'm absolutely floored. The clarity and detail is among the best I've heard in any headphone, bar none. They're worth the hype.

Using this from my laptop to a Fiio E5 portable amp. Cheap lil' thing, but it does the job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, got my headphones yesterday around 8pm. Haven't had much of a chance to listen because of work, but...

I would not have believed this sound quality would be possible in this form factor at anywhere near this price. Sure there are custom IEMs or quad drivers that range into $1000+, but that's to be expected.

The sound is absolutely MASSIVE. I don't even know how to describe it. The instruments just shimmer, you can feel the size of the strings that are being played. The soundstage isn't the widest (although fantastic for an IEM) but the spatial details are extremely clear, I can hear different instruments in different parts of the room all the time, especially on live recordings.

I'll give a more thorough review at some point, but needless to say I'm absolutely floored. The clarity and detail is among the best I've heard in any headphone, bar none. They're worth the hype.

Using this from my laptop to a Fiio E5 portable amp. Cheap lil' thing, but it does the job.
    Was looking to buy the Bose QC 20i, but this looks incredible. Are they on display in any of the tech stores? I'd love to check it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was looking to buy the Bose QC 20i, but this looks incredible. Are they on display in any of the tech stores? I'd love to check it out.
    I would not consider the Bose to be in the same tier, or even a tier away from these in sound. There's a huge gulf between these and anything I've heard from Bose.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just picked up a Roku 3 with my sling subscription. Very impressed with this device so far. So many free channels from tips for BBQing to watching games online. Wireless sync with Plex so I can watch anything on my TV/sound system without connecting it. Pretty sweet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as everyone who knows im currently in vn on holidays

going to buy a karaoke system that plays ktv or mtv clips instead of the midi bull that sounds like . 2tb system...need to find a some good microphones, hopefully package isnt excess 20kilos...cause i got some im also bringing back home

Thread Information