Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Mirrorless camera?
    Ultrabook?
    PS4?

I have $500 in gift cards for Future Shop/Best Buy to use....but nothing enticing as of yet.
    Last edited by resistanze; 12-22-2014 at 07:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing really, some games on steam. Got a speedlight for my DSLR, so that's pretty coo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mirrorless camera?
    Ultrabook?
    PS4?

I have $500 in card cards for Future Shop/Best Buy to use....but nothing enticing as of yet.
    Been there tbh

Nothing interesting if all the basics are covered

LOL fat people buying large TVs and sound systems before the Superbowl, even though they have a decent TV at home

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bought a Mac for my daughter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now I don't see Mirrorless cameras as viable for serious fotogs. The exception is if you take a lot of vacations and just want something for scenic shots. Their lack of lenses is really an Achilles heel right now.

DSLRs by comparison are cheaper and far more flexible, although much larger.

That said, if you've already got a quality DSLR and want a walking around camera, or you don't really care about having more than a couple lenses, 4/3rds are great shooters for their size and form. People talk so much about cell phone cameras but micro 4/3rds are seriously mind blowing for their size, they should be getting more press.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well , it appears the mobo i bought for my daughter's pc is DOA, thanks newegg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't buy Ps4 yet, the price will drop in the next few months

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well , it appears the mobo i bought for my daughter's pc is DOA, thanks newegg
    Should have gone X99

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have gone X99
    they sent me a broken case too breh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they sent me a broken case too breh
    The chances you take when you roll with Brown tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was meant to build more DIY around the house but cbf

now didnt buy for cmax

all i did was renewal my passport and looking at flying somewhere to asia for a couple of weeks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The chances you take when you roll with Brown tbh
    Yeah, but it really seems they treat Amazon packages way better tbh. Never had an issue there and this time I get a broken case, DOA mobo, and a power supply that only turns on case fans they also make most everything a hassle if you don't have newegg premiere too. Been buying from them for 15 years and get service

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Right now I don't see Mirrorless cameras as viable for serious fotogs. The exception is if you take a lot of vacations and just want something for scenic shots. Their lack of lenses is really an Achilles heel right now.

DSLRs by comparison are cheaper and far more flexible, although much larger.

That said, if you've already got a quality DSLR and want a walking around camera, or you don't really care about having more than a couple lenses, 4/3rds are great shooters for their size and form. People talk so much about cell phone cameras but micro 4/3rds are seriously mind blowing for their size, they should be getting more press.
    Ended up buying the Sony Alpha 6000. I did Vancouver, Copenhagen, London, San Fran, Boston and Philly last year and I ended up leaving the DLSR at home for half of those.

For my use, I'll probably grab the 18-105 mm and maybe a 50mm. Or I might just get some old Minolta glass with an adapter.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I bought myself a late X-Mas gift. A Dell XPS8700 i7-4790 Nvidia GT720.

Yes, I know, more powerful models are cheaper, but this came with no trial software to hurt the registry, which I hate, and Windows 7 Pro 64 rather than Icky.1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought myself a late X-Mas gift. A Dell XPS8700 i7-4790 Nvidia GT720.

Yes, I know, more powerful models are cheaper, but this came with no trial software to hurt the registry, which I hate, and Windows 7 Pro 64 rather than Icky.1.
    You know you can format right out of the box to get rid of that crap, right? Takes like 20 minutes on Windows these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know you can format right out of the box to get rid of that crap, right? Takes like 20 minutes on Windows these days.
    ain't got SSD though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking of upgrading my laptop and i can't decide which.

1. Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro - Has the new Intel Broadwell processor but it's only 1.1 Ghz. This ultrabook doesn't need an exhaust, but the performance is not too good as Lenovo has opted for more battery time.

2. Macbook Pro Retina 13'' - Good i5 processor & screen resolution. Basically an upgrade from my old macbook.

Both retail for $1300.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I'm thinking of upgrading my laptop and i can't decide which.

1. Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro - Has the new Intel Broadwell processor but it's only 1.1 Ghz. This ultrabook doesn't need an exhaust, but the performance is not too good as Lenovo has opted for more battery time.

2. Macbook Pro Retina 13'' - Good i5 processor & screen resolution. Basically an upgrade from my old macbook.

Both retail for $1300.
    The news Dell XPS 13 ultrabook looks nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The news Dell XPS 13 ultrabook looks nice.
    I'm still using my 2009 Toshiba Satellite laptop

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I'm still using my 2009 Toshiba Satellite laptop
    Yup...on my 2009 ASUS U80V, bought that in grad school

Might add more RAM (4GB to 8GB) since I do some photography, but otherwise, wtf do I do on it except browse, MS office and TV/Movies?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup...on my 2009 ASUS U80V, bought that in grad school

Might add more RAM (4GB to 8GB) since I do some photography, but otherwise, wtf do I do on it except browse, MS office and TV/Movies?
    And stream soccer and DL Torrents

I just need to buy a new battery for mine tbh

5 minutes after I unplug the charger, it screams bloody murder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sooooo I got a hankering and bought a couple of things recently:

Upon hearing great reviews of this watch, I picked it up. It's fantastic, accurate, and very enjoyable to wear:

It's beautiful. The hands are actually black but they're flaked with blue in such a way that if light catches them they look blue.

Also picked up a pair of IEMs to replace my old Ultimate Ear Triple.Fi 10s that a friend of mine broke.

Did some research and found an insane deal on the DUNU DN-1000.

Terrible name but these IEMs are supposed to be a destroyer of worlds at anything below $300, and they're easily driven.

Definitely a superfluous purchase but I've been wanting some good IEMs for a while now so I found a deal and pulled the trigger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also picked up a pair of IEMs to replace my old Ultimate Ear Triple.Fi 10s that a friend of mine broke.

Did some research and found an insane deal on the DUNU DN-1000.

Terrible name but these IEMs are supposed to be a destroyer of worlds at anything below $300, and they're easily driven.

Definitely a superfluous purchase but I've been wanting some good IEMs for a while now so I found a deal and pulled the trigger.
    sooo...how are they?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally bought them like 30 minutes ago, so they have to ship here first. Haha. I'll definitely give my impressions but I'm afraid my opinion will be a little colored given the hype that's surrounding these cans at Head-Fi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally bought them like 30 minutes ago, so they have to ship here first. Haha. I'll definitely give my impressions but I'm afraid my opinion will be a little colored given the hype that's surrounding these cans at Head-Fi.
    LOL. I had friend that spent a bunch of money on a mini disc player when it came out back in mid 90's. Supposed to do away with the CD player. I gave him a lot of . Pretty soon, it was apparent that it was a fail. No one was selling any mini discs after a few months or so. But he still would never admit anything. Would just go on about the sound and the portability of it. Him and his 5 discs.

Actually, that dumbass was me and I still have that thing somewhere.

But I'm thinking you're pretty safe with the earbuds. Come back with an unbiased report.

Thread Information