Page 71 of 87 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2166
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course they fell off a cliff with Westbrook out, his backups ranged from a fringe NBA player (Cole), to a non NBA player (Christon), to a shooting guard masquerading as a point guard (Oladipo). Also, Kanter only played non Harden minutes, further limiting their already limited offense.

His season wasn't for "entertainment", it was for "legacy", reputation and selfishness.

At being a fan of two disgraceful, walking stereotypes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never disagreed with that, I made this thread years ago I don't think Westbrook improved his game, he just chose to take the path of entertainment, this year..

Westbrook's historic season was for entertainment purposes, just as much as it was for winning games..it's perfectly fine to dislike his playing style or disagree with his potential MVP stats, yet still acknowledge that his supporting cast is horrible(which is shown by any on/off metric)..

There are 2 primary goals for star players: Win and entertain

In Westbrook's case, there's no plausible scenario where this OKC team was going to contend..the alternative was to entertain every night by volume shooting and getting numbers at a historic rate, the same way Kobe did during the dark days of the Lakers(2005-2007)..he was the most discussed player of the year, road fans were buying tickets to see him and chanting MVP, etc..

There's this silly belief among fans that every player should convince himself that his team is a legit contender(even when they clearly aren't, based on the supporting cast) and they should play "the right way" nobody is coming to watch Andre Roberson shooting 10 open 3s per game, or Taj Gibson trying to make contested layups..OKC chose to the correct path, they went with entertainment and still managed to get playoff games for a team that had limited talent..
    There's this silly belief among fans that you should actually make an attempt to develop young talent on a team, so that average players can become good ones, good ones can become great ones, and so on.

But nah. Just give Russ the ball again. Who cares about being a better team in the long run?

at Harlem defending insanely selfish short sighted basketball on the basis of getting more airtime on sportscenter.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are these players that were going to step up with increased responsibility?

They couldn't even build a team in the simplest way, which would be to surround Westbrook with shooters like Houston did with Harden
    They couldn't build a team? They had James Harden, Kevin Durant, Serge Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, Dion Waiters, and they all left. Why? Because Westbrook is all about himself and a team cancer. If you on Kobe but slurp Westbrook, you are the ultimate hypocrite.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember all those deep playoff runs that players like Lou Williams, Clint Capela, Nene, and Eric Gordon had before playing with Hardon? Yeah, me neither.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I never disagreed with that, I made this thread years ago I don't think Westbrook improved his game, he just chose to take the path of entertainment, this year..

Westbrook's historic season was for entertainment purposes, just as much as it was for winning games..it's perfectly fine to dislike his playing style or disagree with his potential MVP stats, yet still acknowledge that his supporting cast is horrible(which is shown by any on/off metric)..

There are 2 primary goals for star players: Win and entertain

In Westbrook's case, there's no plausible scenario where this OKC team was going to contend..the alternative was to entertain every night by volume shooting and getting numbers at a historic rate, the same way Kobe did during the dark days of the Lakers(2005-2007)..he was the most discussed player of the year, road fans were buying tickets to see him and chanting MVP, etc..

There's this silly belief among fans that every player should convince himself that his team is a legit contender(even when they clearly aren't, based on the supporting cast) and they should play "the right way" nobody is coming to watch Andre Roberson shooting 10 open 3s per game, or Taj Gibson trying to make contested layups..OKC chose to the correct path, they went with entertainment and still managed to get playoff games for a team that had limited talent..
    Tim was all about entertaining.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We'll do it this time" - Tim Duncan

That was entertaining as dude. Pure OG Sicilian Mafia stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where are the niglets laughing at Russ now??? he alone put a better fight against the Rockets than this Spurs team....

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Spurs would be sweeping this series with Westbrook.

Porker fans actually had the nerve to call Westbrook a "choker" for losing to this Rockets team all by himself... ya gotta believe me!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it looks real bad. Everyone in here trashed OKC saying that they're a piss poor team and that Russ blew it for them and didn't play enough team ball, well, it seems that he put up a better fight by himself than the whole Spurs roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What a journey, tbh..

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

What a journey, tbh..
    This is probably the stupidest thing I have ever seen. What are they trying to copy the Oscars? Russ deserved (so did Leonard) it but doing it this was is such BS. The NBA awards 2017? is this the Oscars or Grammys? so stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is probably the stupidest thing I have ever seen. What are they trying to copy the Oscars? Russ deserved (so did Leonard) it but doing it this was is such BS. The NBA awards 2017? is this the Oscars or Grammys? so stupid.
    I tuned in for the first few minutes just to see what the vibe was. As soon as I saw Drake throwing out the jokes, my first thought was "what is this a wannabe Oscar's monologue?"

I turned the channel and never went back.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I tuned in for the first few minutes just to see what the vibe was. As soon as I saw Drake throwing out the jokes, my first thought was "what is this a wannabe Oscar's monologue?"

I turned the channel and never went back.
    I don't blame you for not wanting to watch this nonsense. This is basketball not movies or music. Guys go out and sweat and play basketball for 82 games a season. Just hand out these awards a few days after the regular season ends. Dragging this to June 26th 2017 and making it some Oscar wannabe garbage spectacle is clearly done for ratings (it's on TNT) but I hope people send complaints to the NBA. This was so freaking stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We'll do it this time" - Tim Duncan

That was entertaining as dude. Pure OG Sicilian Mafia stuff

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got bumping his goty thread.
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 06-27-2017 at 06:48 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are these players that were going to step up with increased responsibility?

They couldn't even build a team in the simplest way, which would be to surround Westbrook with shooters like Houston did with Harden

MVP!!!! told yall this was gonna win it all. That being said, this ^ ........... WB was surrounded by trash just like Cleveland. At least Lebron had Kyrie, but the rest of the Cavs suck ass just like WB supporting cast. These fools could not hit WIDE open shots. They got plenty of chances as well, plenty!!!! Its not WB fault these clowns shoot worse than my 10yr old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They couldn't build a team? They had James Harden, Kevin Durant, Serge Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, Dion Waiters, and they all left. Why? Because Westbrook is all about himself and a team cancer. If you on Kobe but slurp Westbrook, you are the ultimate hypocrite.
    Harden left because OKC didnt want to pay him. If that team stayed together, they would have won multiple les as well.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead they surrounded him with rebounders and then had them stand back to let WB stat-pad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead they surrounded him with rebounders and then had them stand back to let WB stat-pad.
    True, very poorly built roster from a winning standpoint..as I said earlier, though, the NBA isn't just about winning, it's about entertainment..

Other than the Warriors, Westbrook's triple-double and MVP chase was the featured storyline in the NBA, this season..all things considered, it was a great year for OKC's franchise and fans, especially after losing Durant..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Harden winning MVP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their offense was better when WB rebounded.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Beastbrook gonna get another efficient triple double

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That boy in your avatar is sucking ass son. What's up with that?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    My favorite part was when he was still in the game with under 4 minutes to play in the 4th quarter of a blow out so he could get that 10th rebound.

Thread Information