Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Yeah, they should go QB. They need a legit RE in the worst way as well, but that's probayblh not going to happen. How are the LT prospects in this draft? That line is so broken now that it may take precedence over a QB. Hopefully, that geta fixed in free agency, though.
    Yeah I'm with you....QB is the need. And I can't see them passing up Mariota.

Most websites have the Stanford, Iowa, and Texas A&M Left Tackles as the top LTs entering the draft. But you know that's gonna change. We'll have a much clearer picture after the combine in Indy.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    yeah Peat and Scherff are the two top prospects at LT. that oghuebi dude saw his stock fall

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    yeah Peat and Scherff are the two top prospects at LT. that oghuebi dude saw his stock fall
    You checked out the Peat kid at Stanford? Any potential?

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Williams, Cooper, and Mariota look like the three best players in this years draft imo.

Mariota isn't getting past the ans; Williams isn't getting past the Raiders; Cooper isn't getting past the Jets.

Redskins fans want us to trade back as far as the 12th pick, and get another second/third round pick as a lot of them aren't too fond on Gregory, Ray and especially Collins from Alabama in the NFL, but they have a huge boner for guys like Scherff, Collins,Erving and Shaq Thompson but they would be taken too high at the fifth pick.

I remember back in 2010 how bad I wanted too get Eric Berry (hope he gets better), as he was supposed to be the next Sean Taylor. Even if our line was when our best three linemen Chris Samuels, Jon Jansen and Randy Thomas ended up taking off from Washington at the same time. I was so pissed when we took Trent Williams instead of Berry, or Russell Okung who was supposedly better than Williams. Didn't turn out too bad for all three teams as Okung is a pretty good left tackle himself, but ain't possibly the best left tackle in the league like Williams.

As for me I would call the Jaguars, and ask them what they want for the third pick if Williams ins't picked up by the Bucs or ans. If it ain't more than the 5th pick and a second or third round pick then do it because Leonard Williams would solve a lot of issues on the defensive line which I think is our biggest need imo, because I believe our secondary problems had to do more with bad seconday coaching from Raheem Morris and Jim Haslett tbh. If that doesn't work I wouldn't be too mad if Redskins get the best player available at that time possibly Amari Cooper, as next year will probably be Garcon/Jackson's last year and will need some receivers after they leave during the offseason. If we do trade back take one of those offensive line, I would prefer Scherff as he seems like a work horse, and could be an all pro guard in this league for a long time. Don't it up Danny, and hire Scot McCloughan and give him complete control of the draft, and have AJ Smith give his two cents about some of the players but Scot making the final call for who we should draft.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    raiduhs will draft amari cooper, i'm sure of that... would be hilarious if they don't though

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    I thought we were going to have to wait until Jan 15th for his decision, but he's in the draft. DGB please.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    lol jameis declared, i say hundley goes ahead of him

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    raiduhs will draft amari cooper, i'm sure of that... would be hilarious if they don't though
    if Al Davis was alive you could book Dorial Beckham Green tbh

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    lol jameis declared, i say hundley goes ahead of him
    i liked Hundley going in, but he sucks. he's already too slow a decision maker for the college level, and that will only amplify in the NFL. his ceiling is jason campbell imo... and thats if everything goes right.

i'm just glad we're not in a position to even consider Winston. i'm just hoping Leonard Williams pulls an Eli

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    i liked Hundley going in, but he sucks. he's already too slow a decision maker for the college level, and that will only amplify in the NFL. his ceiling is jason campbell imo... and thats if everything goes right.

i'm just glad we're not in a position to even consider Winston. i'm just hoping Leonard Williams pulls an Eli
    he has a higher ceiling than winston, Hundley is a rich mans ej manuel

you guys get gregory we get williams and everyone is happy

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he has a higher ceiling than winston, Hundley is a rich mans ej manuel

you guys get gregory we get williams and everyone is happy
    Gregory is supposed to be all-that, but I'm not a fan of a 245 pound DE

I'd assume we'd go with Amari Cooper if Williams is predictably off the board

but its clear this dude loves the raiders... look at the he tweets and retweets all the time.

https://twitter.com/lwtrojan94

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    have AJ Smith give his two cents about some of the players
    Not a good idea.

See: Sammy Davis, Buster Davis, Larry English, Ryan Mathews, etc.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tony Romo, Kurt Warner and Jamarcus Russell prove how imperfect the system is when it comes to QB's. Running backs can step right in, there it's just instincts and....young legs.

As far as this crop of QB's go, none of them will be a savior. If Winston wasn't an idiot, hmmmm?

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Gregory is supposed to be all-that, but I'm not a fan of a 245 pound DE

I'd assume we'd go with Amari Cooper if Williams is predictably off the board

but its clear this dude loves the raiders... look at the he tweets and retweets all the time.

https://twitter.com/lwtrojan94
    if youre gonna draft amari might as well bring kiffin with him , i dont even think cooper will be the first wr taken

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    if youre gonna draft amari might as well bring kiffin with him , i dont even think cooper will be the first wr taken
    im not even worried. L. Williams will pull an Eli and force his way to the Raiders

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    if Al Davis was alive you could book Dorial Beckham Green tbh
    I'm going to be honest, I don't care about this guys history. I'd take him on the Hawks any day. Rough upbringing, made some mistake etc. But, you don't pass on players like this.

Also, I'm not sure if you've read this article, it's an interesting read and provides a lot of insight.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/b_l_tIq...en-beckham.htm
    Last edited by Spur-Addict; 01-08-2015 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Article

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm going to be honest, I don't care about this guys history. I'd take him on the Hawks any day. Rough upbringing, made some mistake etc. But, you don't pass on players like this.

Also, I'm not sure if you've read this article, it's an interesting read and provides a lot of insight.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/b_l_tIq...en-beckham.htm
    oh no doubt... if i was picking late first id grab him too. but we're going #4, he's had off field issues + not a ton of college production.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    oh no doubt... if i was picking late first id grab him too. but we're going #4, he's had off field issues + not a ton of college production.
    Ahhhh, perhaps I ignored the context there. Yeah, you have to take what's closest to a sure thing in the top ten. I have a feeling he'll be gone around the time we're on the board in the 1st, or we'll try to wait until the 2nd and someone will nab him before us. If the latter occurs, it will likely end in a dramatic moment of me throwing something that smashes against the wall but whatever.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Ahhhh, perhaps I ignored the context there. Yeah, you have to take what's closest to a sure thing in the top ten. I have a feeling he'll be gone around the time we're on the board in the 1st, or we'll try to wait until the 2nd and someone will nab him before us. If the latter occurs, it will likely end in a dramatic moment of me throwing something that smashes against the wall but whatever.
    if we get Leonard Williams and Beckham Green...

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count

Landing those two would pretty be home runs in back to back drafts, then you'd have to kneel to Lord Reggie

I swear if he's there in the first and we don't pick him, then we miss out, I don't know how I'll be able to handle that. Because he's precisely what we need on the offensive end as far as weapons are concerned.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Over the past two days....the "Jameis Winston to the Bucs" talk has really picked up.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

using coli smilies eh?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    using E. coli smilies eh?
    i just really like the 'dead' one

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Over the past two days....the "Jameis Winston to the Bucs" talk has really picked up.
    i'll tell you the truth, i've been a winston hater from the start, but the last game, when he looked flat out awful, i could see why some people may fall in love with his potential.. Good arm, looks to throw and plays a pure pro style scheme.. from undraftable as manziel he grew up on me, maybe i would take a flyer in the 4th round..

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    i'll tell you the truth, i've been a winston hater from the start, but the last game, when he looked flat out awful, i could see why some people may fall in love with his potential.. Good arm, looks to throw and plays a pure pro style scheme.. from undraftable as manziel he grew up on me, maybe i would take a flyer in the 4th round..
    Flyer in the 4th round.....I'll go with that.

The problem is that they're talking about him 1st overall. If the Bucs draft Winston with the first pick.....then they'll have one less fan. Thinking maybe jumping on that Pats bandwagon....you guys got any room?

Thread Information