Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i dont get why the Jets are interviewing Quinn

there's no sense in firing Rex Ryan, arguably the best defensive minded head coach... and then hiring a defensive minded head coach. if they were so bent on going in a different direction from Rex, they might as well hire an offensive-minded guy
    Still this Ryan best defensive coach, that I dont get it. Jets defense wasnt even that good. I dont buy into lack of talent arguments

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Still this Ryan best defensive coach, that I dont get it. Jets defense wasnt even that good. I dont buy into lack of talent arguments
    they lost to your pats by a combined 3 points this season. Ryan knows what he's doing.

defenses will always struggle if the offense is anemic. this is why cardinals defense was at its best in the games palmer was playing. the jets also had no secondary at all tbh, having lost revis and cromartie the past 2 seasons. they had a good front 7 and it reflected in their rushing defense and sack totals

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Del Rio as a head coach with Trestman as offensive coordinator is a scenario I'd be cool with
    you guys are interviewing mangini

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    you guys are interviewing mangini
    holy

i seriously wish he was black just so this would be a rooney rule interview

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    the jags fired their OC

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    raiders are supposedly lining up interviews for Shurmur and Mangini
    all that talk about mark davis wanting to hire a "rock star" coach

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    raiders now requested to talk to Pep Hamilton... with the Gruden/Harbaugh rumors during the season, and with them having seeked permission to interview Mangini, Shurmur, and Hamilton, it seems like they're dead set on hiring an offensive guy.

i can understand the appeal of an offensive oriented coach though... the fear is with a Defensive Head coach, the O-coordinator will run the whole show, Carr learns his system, and if that guy ever gets promoted to head coach elsewhere, it would be an entirely new system with another coordinator. by having the HC run the offense, it would provide more stability in that regard
    Last edited by spurraider21; 12-31-2014 at 03:35 AM.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    raiders now requested to talk to Pep Hamilton... with the Gruden/Harbaugh rumors during the season, and with them having seeked permission to interview Mangini, Shurmur, and Hamilton, it seems like they're dead set on hiring an offensive guy.

i can understand the appeal of an offensive oriented coach though... the fear is with a Defensive Head coach, the O-coordinator will run the whole show, Carr learns his system, and if that guy ever gets promoted to head coach elsewhere, it would be an entirely new system with another coordinator. by having the HC run the offense, it would provide more stability in that regard
    Didn't work so well for Garrett tbh. HC needs to be supervising the whole team not just the offense.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Haslett is gone! Lets celebrate Bigzax and Kyle Orton!

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Doug Marrone opts out of his contract with the Buffalo Bills. The clown brings in his own re QB from whom he coached at college then, walks out on the team cold turkey.

No coach, no QB, and no 2015 first round draft pick. I swear, this franchise is a joke. Welcome to mediocrity!

Oh, and they're paying Doug 4M not to coach.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 12-31-2014 at 07:44 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    lmao Bills

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    and they have no first rounder

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Raiders will interview Bowles next week. good to hear they actually have some serious candidates in line after hearing the news about Mangini and Shurmer

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Haslett is gone! Lets celebrate Bigzax and Kyle Orton!

It's a start Ditty. Get us a couple of Hogs and i'll be happier.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Doug Marrone opts out of his contract with the Buffalo Bills. The clown brings in his own re QB from whom he coached at college then, walks out on the team cold turkey.

No coach, no QB, and no 2015 first round draft pick. I swear, this franchise is a joke. Welcome to mediocrity!

Oh, and they're paying Doug 4M not to coach.
    Wtf are you talking about? Marrone never coached Manuel at college.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Wtf are you talking about? Marrone never coached Manuel at college.
    Yeah, for some reason, I thought he QB'ed at Syracuse, not FSU. Who cares. He's a terrible quarterback and it was only compounded by trading away a 1st rounder to move up in the draft last year. Watkins is a good receiver but, what good is having a five star receiver if your QB can't make a pass to save his life.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Please god don't let this happen...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...qsGZ?ocid=iehp

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    a gimmick offense seems the perfect fit for a qb tbh

btw pep hamilton, the guy known for using slomo richardson instead of andrew luck, may be heading to the raiduhs.. can't think of a better fit tbh

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Looks like Frank Reich is in line for the Bills job, or if not, the Jets.

Take Johnny P with you!

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I wouldn't hate having Shanahan. I won't be as psyched as I was when they got Harbaugh, but Shanahan is a big part of the Walsh tree. , he made Jake Plummer look decent at times against Belichick of all people. Obviously Shanahan comes with a lot of baggage but I'd prefer him over McDaniels.

i just hope they keep Fangio and Tomasula.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I wouldn't hate having Shanahan. I won't be as psyched as I was when they got Harbaugh, but Shanahan is a big part of the Walsh tree. , he made Jake Plummer look decent at times against Belichick of all people. Obviously Shanahan comes with a lot of baggage but I'd prefer him over McDaniels.

i just hope they keep Fangio and Tomasula.
    I'd be 100% fine with promoting Fangio to HC tbh, or keeping him as DC while bringing on Rex to coach. The Niners desperately need an OC that can competently run an offense while either salvaging Kraep or jettisoning him altogether for a stopgap QB. They have the talent on defense and enough weapons on offense to win without even an above-average QB doing things.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Looks like Frank Reich is in line for the Bills job, or if not, the Jets.

Take Johnny P with you!
    You're getting Marrone and you're going to like it.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'd be 100% fine with promoting Fangio to HC tbh, or keeping him as DC while bringing on Rex to coach. The Niners desperately need an OC that can competently run an offense while either salvaging Kraep or jettisoning him altogether for a stopgap QB. They have the talent on defense and enough weapons on offense to win without even an above-average QB doing things.
    Yeah pretty much. I'm also not ready to give up on Kap just yet. Sounds like that new contract is more disposable than I realized, which is great if things don't work out.

id be okay with Shanahan if he just focuses on the offense and quits trying to be a control freak. Gase from Denver might work out, Manning holds him in high regard, but Rex would be cool though I'm not sure how him and Fangio will mesh defensively.

I know people are ting on Jed, but least he's given a pulse back to the team. The Dr. York era of the 00s was terrible for me, just lifeless.

Thread Information