Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Well Pelicans78 makes me feel better about Allen. He might be fine as a D-coordinator. It's hard to assess Raiders coaches when Cryptkeeper was pulling the strings.

either way, I'm just hoping for the best.
    Allen and Tarver both got to Oakland after Al kicked the bucket.

i actually think Tarver is a better choice, he's way more aggressive with his schemes. does well with linebackers. but i also assume Tomsula wants a former HC around to help

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Don't like the Tomsula over Fangio route as at least Fangio held the D up when the offense blew . Here's to mediocrity for the next few years if Fangio leaves along with some of the other better coaches.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Haters. Tomsula and Kaepernick will bring us a le!

On a serious note, it's already been announced everyone is gone but Rathman. Funniest part is *shock* the front office will "help in hiring" the new staff.

I had our playoff chances after canning Harbaugh and retaining Kaepernick @ 35%. This current move will have long term ramifications.

Average HC
    Average QB
    Average Stadium

Your 2015 49ers. When 30 year old spoiled brats run a Professional franchise

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Well Pelicans78 makes me feel better about Allen. He might be fine as a D-coordinator. It's hard to assess Raiders coaches when Cryptkeeper was pulling the strings.

either way, I'm just hoping for the best.
    Dennis Allen's secondary made Gregg Williams a much better defensive coordinator in 2009 and 2010. The Saints had a great secondary when healthy during those two seasons. I remember a Sunday night game against Pittsburgh in 2010 when both Jabari Greer and Tracy Porter were out so the Saints went to 5 safeties against Big Ben and the defense did well enough to allow Brees win that game.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Redskins doing work!

Redskins hired ex-Cowboys OC Bill Callahan as offensive line coach.

The Redskins' offseason of upgrading continues. Per ESPN's Ed Werder, Callahan's three-year deal is "very lucrative." Callahan was humiliatingly stripped of play-calling duties in Dallas last season, but retained his "offensive coordinator" le even though he was limited to offensive line duties. Either way, he's one of the league's very best at coaching up linemen. He's an excellent addition to coach Jay Gruden's staff.

Dianna Marie Russini
    @NBCdianna
    13m13 minutes ago

No longer rumors, Vic Fangio is in the mix right now to be the Redskins defensive coordinator per sources. #Redskins

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Redskins doing work!

Redskins hired ex-Cowboys OC Bill Callahan as offensive line coach.

The Redskins' offseason of upgrading continues. Per ESPN's Ed Werder, Callahan's three-year deal is "very lucrative." Callahan was humiliatingly stripped of play-calling duties in Dallas last season, but retained his "offensive coordinator" le even though he was limited to offensive line duties. Either way, he's one of the league's very best at coaching up linemen. He's an excellent addition to coach Jay Gruden's staff.

Dianna Marie Russini
    @NBCdianna
    13m13 minutes ago

No longer rumors, Vic Fangio is in the mix right now to be the Redskins defensive coordinator per sources. #Redskins
    winning off the field!

offseason champs 15 years in a row yeah!

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    winning off the field!

offseason champs 15 years in a row yeah!

Well it looks like the Skins are getting rid of three worst coaches on the team Haslett, Morris and Foerster for Fangio, Callahan and possibly Ed Donatell. Of course getting McCloughan was already pretty amazing knowing that Allen was finally going to hire a football mind to take over the general manager position.

It also sounds like all the negative reaction from Skins fans on social media about Joe Barry getting hired as the defensive coordinator, caused the Skins to not offer him the job just like when Jim Fassel was supposed to be our next head coach in 2004 and 2008

Hopefully they get a deal done with Fangio over the weekend, and it would be nice to get a quarterback coach next.
    Last edited by Ditty; 01-16-2015 at 03:04 AM.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Redskins will be a force next year, especially if Colt McChrist is QB. Meanwhile, the Niners organization continues to consume itself from the inside out...

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Redskins will be a force next year, especially if Colt McChrist is QB. Meanwhile, the Niners organization continues to consume itself from the inside out...
    I don't care who our quarterback is as long as we win some damn games

Can't believe the niners hired Tomsula over a great defensive mind like Fangio.

Looks like the Skins will take the route the niners should of done, and that's if Gruden doesn't lead us to at least a mediocre record I think he will be fired at the end of next season. Fangio would be smart to go to Washington to get promoted to HC, and he could promote Donatell to be his DC.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    John Fox to be hired as the Bears Head Coach

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Props to the Skins if they get Fangio. All I hoped for with this new HC search is we'd retain Fangio and we blew that. I like Tomasula but seems like Jed is hiring people he can get along with and won't bristle at his suggestions.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Fox to Bears a done deal. pretty meh. he's not a bad coach at all, but the bears as a whole are a sinking ship

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Mike Tice left the Falcons to become the Raiders OL coach

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Rex Ryan reminds me of a used car salesmen.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Raiders interviewing Marc Trestman to run the offense. That would be a of an acquisition. Word is trestman "absolutely loves" Derek Carr

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Raiders interviewing Marc Trestman to run the offense. That would be a of an acquisition. Word is trestman "absolutely loves" Derek Carr
    I like what the Raiders are putting together as a staff. If they get trestman it would be the cherry on top. Carr looks legit

The thing i like about del rio is that he has an ability to stop the run and run the ball. Thats a winning formula that works with a decent QB. Carr may be the franchise QB he never had in Jville.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, the Niners are looking at Lane ing Kiffin to be their OC...

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, the Niners are looking at Lane ing Kiffin to be their OC...
    i wish the jags get kiffin. dude is a beast as an OC. he made amari cooper and marqise look good

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    i wish the jags get kiffin. dude is a beast as an OC. he made amari cooper and marqise look good
    If you're serious about winning you don't want Kiffin anywhere near your team in any capacity unless its on the other side of the field...

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    lame kiffin

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So Broncs replaced Fox with Kubiak and nary a was given...I'm not even sure Bronco's searched at all.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Trestman
    Raiders

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

i'm ing terrified at the idea of Musgrave being the OC... hopefully Trestman gets locked up. doubt he's getting another Head Coaching opportunity soon, so we'd have continuity with that hire too. for a young QB that's paramount

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Michael Silver tweeted that the raiders are hiring Musgrave... FML

edit: Raiders confirmed the hire

what in the literal ?

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Props to the Skins if they get Fangio. All I hoped for with this new HC search is we'd retain Fangio and we blew that. I like Tomasula but seems like Jed is hiring people he can get along with and won't bristle at his suggestions.
    in a man, you guys are the jimmy cowboys right now but without the super bowls.

Thread Information