Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    So the ENTIRE conference wasn't dominant then. Glad you agree.
    No dumbjohn....the SEC didn't have 14 different winners in 14 consecutive years.

To call you a re ....would be a huge disservice to re s everywhere.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No dumbjohn....the SEC didn't have 14 different winners in 14 consecutive years.

To call you a re ....would be a huge disservice to re s everywhere.
    Ok then, put these words in your vocabulary. "Saban and Meyer dominated"

My Team
    Post Count
    Ok then, put these words in your vocabulary. "Saban and Meyer dominated"
    Put these words in yours....

The SEC won seven straight National Championships

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Put these words in yours....

The SEC won seven straight National Championships
    Miles had Saban's recruits. Saban and Meyer dominated.

My Team
    Post Count
    So you admit now that the ESS-EEE-SEE won 7 straight???

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    You pump up the SEC more than your own conference. Why is that? You talk about conference pride, when you have none in your own conference.
    So once all else fails your solution is to make it about me pumping up the SEC?

I dont have a horse in this race dumbass. I just give credit where credit is due. They were the dominant conference for that stretch so I give them their due. I also said TCU was the best team in the country like a month ago.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So you admit now that the ESS-EEE-SEE won 7 straight???
    I think you mean God's conference. In other words, Saban's conference.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So once all else fails your solution is to make it about me pumping up the SEC?

I dont have a horse in this race dumbass. I just give credit where credit is due. They were the dominant conference for that stretch so I give them their due. I also said TCU was the best team in the country like a month ago.
    I'm asking why you don't have pride in your conference, being that you spoke in favor of conference pride.

My Team
    Post Count
    3 years after Saban left LSU....LSU won the NC. It's not like Saban left for the Dolphins...then the very next year Miles won.

Re alert............................................. .........................................

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    3 years after Saban left LSU....LSU won the NC. It's not like Saban left for the Dolphins...then the very next year Miles won.

Re alert............................................. .........................................
    Seniors and maybe juniors would be Saban's recruits, seeing how Miles was hired in 2005 and won in 07. Let us proceed.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I'm asking why you don't have pride in your conference, being that you spoke in favor of conference pride.
    Who says I dont idiot? I said I root for conference members OOC. The numbers suggest we were the best G5 conference this season, etc.

But there's no reason to bring that up in a thread about the SEC.

My Team
    Post Count
    Seniors and maybe juniors would be Saban's recruits, seeing how Miles was hired in 2005 and won in 07. Let us proceed.
    So now it's "seniors and maybe juniors"...

Once again.....moving the goalposts.

Post Count
    Saban and Meyer. Les Miles had Saban's recruits. And Malzhan had S Newton.
    Les built a better team at LSU in 2011 than Saban ever did.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So now it's "seniors and maybe juniors"...

Once again.....moving the goalposts.
    Those would still be his recruits. That's not moving anything. His recruits were at LSU.

My Team
    Post Count
    Those would still be his recruits. That's not moving anything. His recruits were at LSU.
    Why don't you ask the LSU fan.
    Pelicans78

Do you (or the majority of LSU fans) feel like Miles only won because he had "Saban's recruits".

Post Count
    Why don't you ask the LSU fan.
    Pelicans78

Do you (or the majority of LSU fans) feel like Miles only won because he had "Saban's recruits".
    I'm not a LSU fan but I do live in Louisiana and have been since 2006.

And the answer is no. Les was the coach, and got that team to play hard all season. He's a great recruiter in his own right and built one of the best LSU teams ever in 2011. Just ran into an Alabama team looking for revenge. (Plus, he stayed with Jordan Jefferson which was horrible in its own right).

My Team
    Post Count
    I'm not a LSU fan but I do live in Louisiana and have been since 2006.

And the answer is no. Les was the coach, and got that team to play hard all season. He's a great recruiter in his own right and built one of the best LSU teams ever in 2011. Just ran into an Alabama team looking for revenge. (Plus, he stayed with Jordan Jefferson which was horrible in its own right).
    Sorry for calling you a LSU fan tbh....

Thanks for the input. Who's your team???

Post Count
    Sorry for calling you a LSU fan tbh....

Thanks for the input. Who's your team???
    Graduated from South Alabama so root for the Jags as my favorite. Tulane is my 2nd team and grew up rooting for them since I had family members who went there and eventually went to grad school there.

Grew up in Mississippi so I always enjoy the SEC. Not a particular favorite team though my brother is a Georgia fan and I do have a degree from LSU and live in Louisiana now so I follow them too. Also tend to root for Ole Miss since I went there for a year but not a die-hard fan like I am for USA and Tulane.

As a kid, Bama was my favorite SEC team, but stopped rooting for them once I went to USA since alot of the folks there rooted for Bama and were annoying.

My Team
    Post Count
    Graduated from South Alabama so root for the Jags as my favorite. Tulane is my 2nd team and grew up rooting for them since I had family members who went there and eventually went to grad school there.

Grew up in Mississippi so I always enjoy the SEC. Not a particular favorite team though my brother is a Georgia fan and I do have a degree from LSU and live in Louisiana now so I follow them too. Also tend to root for Ole Miss since I went there for a year but not a die-hard fan like I am for USA and Tulane.

As a kid, Bama was my favorite SEC team, but stopped rooting for them once I went to USA since alot of the folks there rooted for Bama and were annoying.
    Good stuff. I lived in Louisiana for one year when I was like 9-10 years old. Denham Springs to be exact. My father got a better job there for a year...but my mother hated it....so she kinda forced us all to move back to Mississippi.

So "a/one" season where SEC teams have a bad bowl experience says it all.....right? Forget the fact all the other conferences have always had bowl seasons like that....right? Ask NFL scouts about the SEC.

It works like this...

This season woke us all up, now if we see the same thing next season, ok, then we have something. Never go with...a/one...ok?

The Pac12 went 6-2 in the bowls, won the Heisman and will being playing in the le game, so they must be the best conference, right?
    Except if you look at the actuality, more players come from the Big 10 in the NFL then the SEC. More guys get drafted high from the SEC, but more of them are also busts. Drafting Big 10 has been more successful then drafting SEC.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Except if you look at the actuality, more players come from the Big 10 in the NFL then the SEC. More guys get drafted high from the SEC, but more of them are also busts. Drafting Big 10 has been more successful then drafting SEC.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    lol Ohio State
    lol playoff committee
    lol dropping TCU 3 spots
    lol blowout

My Team
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Post Count
    thank jesus we didn't have an alabama/fsu or, even worse, sec/sec le game.

Post Count
    thank jesus we didn't have an alabama/fsu or, even worse, sec/sec le game.
    Bama/LSU was the only le game in the last 15 years I didn't even bother to watch.

Thread Information