coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    Should Urban use the "take a dive" as in fake injury strategy that Fisher was too nice to implement? All you are loosing is a subs ute

It's impossible for not only defensive players but most importantly REFS to line up ready to scope the field 10 seconds after a tackle.

In the Rose Bowl there were constantly two offensive players in motion before the snap and defenders picked in the flats. But with refs not in position.....penalties were not called

Look I understand the gimmicky offenses place in CFB so that teams lacking talent can compete with the big boys but the advantage Oregon had in the Rose Bowl is the equivalent of a pitcher throwing pitches before the batter OR umpire are set.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    They aren't doing anything against the rules.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The one negative against playing so fast is that your defense will probably be on the field longer than your offense.

If I'm Urb, I try to run the ball up the middle down their throat early and often and control the clock.

Slow time comsumming drives...run, run and run. Keep that Duck offense off the field, give your D a blow. That's all they can do, and.....if I'm the players I've already talked about faking injuries without Myers aware of it.

My first thought was the Ducks were just too fast, that tempo simply too much. Then I started thinking about Urban Myers in big games....hmmmm?

You can't let them get even one first down on a drive, that's where they get going. You have to 3& out them and follow it up with good, long, healthy, sustained drives. Do it a few times and they get stagnant, desparate, and try to change it up. Just wear down their defense basically while keeping yours off the field.

I in hate that high tempo crap and hope OSU exposes it for the gimmick that it is.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Oregon is going to get their yards, especially between the 20s.

Ohio State's defense has to use the shorter field to their advantage and force field goals instead of TDs. Unfortunately that has been one of their weaknesses this past year.

The offense will have to play its role and it will as Ohio State plays the tempo game itself, just not as quickly snapped, but rather they run up to the line like they are going to snap it (not allowing the D to subs ute, just like Oregon) but then make adjustments based upon the players still on the field.

Should be a barn burner.

My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    They aren't doing anything against the rules.
    Would you be okay with Urban forcing players to fake injuries to counter the up tempo offense? Considering that isn't against the rules

Would you tune into such a game?

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    Would you be okay with Urban forcing players to fake injuries to counter the up tempo offense? Considering that isn't against the rules

Would you tune into such a game?
    Actually that is against the rules.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Doesn't seem like UFM's style to fake injuries.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    I hate Oregon and their gimmicky tempo , but OP is a salty got trying to make excuses.

My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    Actually that is against the rules.
    How? You make a subs ution.

Atleast faking injury allows the refs to be in position to make calls

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    The football rules book reads: "Feigning an injury for any reason is unethical. An injured player must be given full protection under the rules, but feigning injury is dishonest, unsportsmanlike, and contrary to the spirit of the rules. Such tactics cannot be tolerated among sportsmen of integrity."

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Unethical and frowned on, but no penalty for it

My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    Continually snapping the football before the opponent and referees are set is dishonest, unsportsmanlike, and contrary to the spirit of the rules. Such tactics cannot be tolerated among sportsmen of integrity.

Oregon WR who had 7 receptions for 165 yards and 2 TDs in the Rose Bowl failed a drug test

Gimmicky cheaters and drug addicts. Fkn Pac10 garbage

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Oregon WR who had 7 receptions for 165 yards and 2 TDs in the Rose Bowl failed a drug test

Gimmicky cheaters and drug addicts. Fkn Pac10 garbage[/COLOR]
    Failing a drug test and not being able to play in the National Championship is just

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    In a way I feel sorry for the kid, but with the choices he made he made his own bed. You have to be smarter than that.

Post Count
    I hate Oregon and their gimmicky tempo , but OP is a salty got trying to make excuses.
    Especially when its obvious that Oregon was a much more dominant team coming into that game. FSU had skated by against average compe ion while Oregon was blowing out teams from the Pac-12.

My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    Especially when its obvious that Oregon was a much more dominant team coming into that game. FSU had skated by against average compe ion while Oregon was blowing out teams from the Pac-12.
    Ducks lost to a team that couldn't even defeat Boise

Their gimmicky sucker punch offense is not sustainable. Which is why they have 0 NCs. If the teams played 10 times - 2014 Noles would win atleast 5. Playing a supposed "neutral game" in your own backyard helps. I was there, it was 75 percent Duck fans.

If Fisher implemented his own gimmicky take a dive Defense, FSU wins 9 outta 10 games. But FSU is a respectful program with NCs so they stuck to the Pro Style approach.

Once the rules are tweaked to what the NFL regulates, Oregon will return to being a Top 25 program.
    Last edited by Infinite_limit; 01-10-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Post Count
    Ducks lost to a team that couldn't even defeat Boise

Their gimmicky sucker punch offense is not sustainable. Which is why they have 0 NCs. If the teams played 10 times - 2014 Noles would win atleast 5. Playing a supposed "neutral game" in your own backyard helps. I was there, it was 75 percent Duck fans.

If Fisher implemented his own gimmicky take a dive Defense, FSU wins 9 outta 10 games. But FSU is a respectful program with NCs so they stuck to the Pro Style approach.

Once the rules are tweaked to what the NFL regulates, Oregon will return to being a Top 25 program.
    Ducks lost that game in September. And they beat the same team by 40 points in a rematch on a neutral field.

FSU was an extremely lucky team throughout the season barely beating average teams in an average conference, plus average teams out of conference. Okie St, Notre Dame, and Florida were barely above average, yet FSU won in close margins. Their wins in the ACC were not impressive either. Beating average teams in close margins. Oregon dominated a very tough Pac-12 conference all season. FSU would have lost 2-3 games in the SEC or Pac-12.

A dive defense wouldn't have worked since FSU doesn't have the personnel to stop very good offenses. Their defense had been exploited all season. Even if the Ducks played a normal pace, they have more than enough firepower to score on a weak defense like FSU. Plus, where was the FSU offense? They only scored 20 points and turned the ball over a ton of times. 20 points isn't enough to beat a top 5 team.

FSU didn't win a national le before 1992 and they were playing in a gimmicky wide open spread attack in the 1990s with 4 receivers on the field most of the time. They finally built up a great defense, but the real reason they started to dominate more was the fall of Miami due to NCAA sanctions. The Canes were a more successful program in the 80s and early 90s and then fell apart due to NCAA sanctions. FSU was next in line to step in and make a run.

Oregon may have zero national les, but they're one win away from winning their first though Ohio State will be a much tougher opponent than FSU.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count

Gimmicky cheaters and drug addicts. Fkn Pac10 garbage[/COLOR]
    "Free Shoes U" and Coach K buying recruits. Christ!

How long before everyone figures out that pot ain't ? Alcohol/tobacco, far far more serious.

Thread Information