It's bull .

They should get a similar arrangement as NBA where a player can see where his draft stock / team is, get drafted yet still choose to go back to school.

Or MLB, where once a player is drafted by a team they belong to that team (or not) for what, one year? Or is it indefinite?

The NFL and it's "choose within a week or else" bull .
    Cardale Jones.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    It's bull .

They should get a similar arrangement as NBA where a player can see where his draft stock / team is, get drafted yet still choose to go back to school.

Or MLB, where once a player is drafted by a team they belong to that team (or not) for what, one year? Or is it indefinite?

Cardale Jones.
    when has an nba player ever gotten drafted then went back to school

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Charles Claxton from Georgia.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    what the draft stock says in the nfl means close to nothing.

As Pelicans78 just pointed out, it happened.

Point is, potential draftee like Cardale only had one week after his Bowl game.
    They should be given more time to see what offers are out there, receive X___ from agents etc.
    Just like the other sports.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    It's bull .

Cardale Jones.
    With the MLB, high school players can sign or go back to college and reenter the draft after there sophmore year. Or if they fail to sign, they can also do what brady aiken did "In February 2015, Aiken enrolled at IMG Academy's postgraduate baseball program, making him eligible for the 2015 Major League Baseball Draft"and reenter the following year. I hate this system though as it gives the players too much leverage and can leave teams high and dry. (the teams do get a pick in the next years draft that is the spot of the ppick they didn't sign plus 1, or at least for the first round and i think a couple more: if they failed to sign 1st overall pick, theyll pick 2nd following year)
    Last edited by Aztecfan03; 03-28-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    When the Cowboys drafted Carl Lewis, I got the feeling he could have joined the Cowboys anytime he wanted to.

hope and change
    Post Count
    non-issue IMO,

these kids are either serious about their education or not, there's no decision to be made when you're majoring in communications and not attending class.
    Last edited by vander; 03-30-2015 at 12:37 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    non-issue IMO,

these kids are either serious about their education or not, there's no decision to be made when you're majoring in communications ant not attending class.

Thread Information