Strategy blunders a Pop Warner team knows better then.
    Seattle Jr. High over Green Bay Elementary in overtime.

Is this the weakest NFL in years?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I don't know but for me it's has been the most boring season ever. Many times I found myself not being able to finish watching the games because of all the meh that was going around.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    The AFC has been so weak the last two years that it's like the '80s and '90s all over again.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    It's called "parity", I guess.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The game is far far below the level it once was. Too much worry about injury, way too many reviews. Football used to be more like boxing, if ya don't wanna get knocked out, don't be a boxer.

John Henry Johnson was a lot like Marshawn Lynch, a monster. Back in his day (60's) he'd wack would be tacklers with a wicked forearm shiver, a move that would be totally illegal today.

It's becoming...sissy.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    I don't know but for me it's has been the most boring season ever. Many times I found myself not being able to finish watching the games because of all the meh that was going around.
    Moar commercialz

One of the many gritty, rough, determined plays the Seahawks used to get there.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    One of the many gritty, rough, determined plays the Seahawks used to get there.
    Every comeback in sports history means the losing team blew chances. The bigger the comeback, the more mistakes the losing team made. This isn't unique to the nfc le game

Every comeback in sports history means the losing team blew chances. The bigger the comeback, the more mistakes the losing team made. This isn't unique to the nfc le game
    Where does this rate for all time NFC le game chokes?

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Wait til you guys grow outta Fantasy Football. You'll go an entire weekend without watching football

I use to take satisfaction in watching 2 random teams smash their brains and limbs in. Now i'm supposed to watch some pea brained athletes dance after each tackle and be babied?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The 2 that instantly come to mind are

- Kyle Williams vs Giants (3 fumbles) 2011
    - Roger Craig vs Giants (fumble while running out clock) 1990

2009: Favre interception while almost in Field Goal range vs Saints
    1998: Gary Anderson's first miss of season to put Vikings up 10 with a few minutes remaining

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    its up there

hope and change
    Post Count
    Wait til you guys grow outta Fantasy Football. You'll go an entire weekend without watching football

I use to take satisfaction in watching 2 random teams smash their brains and limbs in. Now i'm supposed to watch some pea brained athletes dance after each tackle and be babied?
    the inconsistency and comedy of errors this season made Fantasy less enjoyable too imo.

too many gifted athletes, yet so few actual great players, and not enough good Coach/QB combos

Now i'm supposed to watch some pea brained athletes dance after each tackle and be babied?
    This.
    And the strategy faux paus are a farce. To the point of this thread, Baltimore drives it all way down to the 36 yard line, where, after getting Pattycake to jump defensive offsides, they have it 1st and 5. Trailing by 4 (35-31) you need a touchdown, however you prefer not to leave Tom Shady time since they would only need a field goal to tie.

Go for the 1st down, right? Burn a little more clock and leave yourself 4 shots at the endzone need be. Of course if the wide open t.d. presents itself you would take it. Nope.

Lets try to force it into the endzone on 2nd and 5. Then, even tho it's a jump ball, lets have our pussy wide receiver and baby (one of the ones Infinite talked about) pout like a crybabie because the pass wasn't thrown perfectly to him and thus make zero attempt to break up the INT.

RRRRRRaaaagh. Go Pats.
    Last edited by Fabbs; 01-26-2015 at 12:44 AM.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

1998: Gary Anderson's first miss of season to put Vikings up 10 with a few minutes remaining
    Saints allowing Alex Smith to drive 70 yards in 40 seconds is a big choke as well, especially since they would have hammered the Giants in the Superdome.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Saints allowing Alex Smith to drive 70 yards in 40 seconds is a big choke as well, especially since they would have hammered the Giants in the Superdome.
    I guess. 3 of the 4 examples I posted were turnovers and the other was a missed field goal

49ers scored a TD on the previous possession so chances were high that they would score again on Saints weak defense. If you want to point at Smith's drive, I'll counter with the 66 yard TD Saints scored seconds before.

Except when the Saints were cheapshotting Quarterbacks, their defense has always been swizz cheese: How do you surrender 39 points to Rex Grossman? 49ers gave up 71 points COMBINED to Giants, Falcons & Seahawks.

Williams being allowed to stay in by Harbaugh and subsequent chokeage (he was hurt, all the more reason to have gotten him out)...yes that was huge. Roger Craig, absolute game changing chokeage. But, that was only one play. Green Bay combo was like 6 airhead plays, whereupon only having ALL 6 could the Seahawks be gifted.

Do you Ininite and other find lost by the media in all of this is........

An absolute great performance by Green Bays defense. Phuck the last bomb they gave up. This D rocked for 56 minutes and that was with the Offense continually phucking up. Then Bostick. That D should never have been called upon to go back on the field 4 times in the last 5 minutes and OT.

Only worse (or equal) phuck up with multiple/numerous plays i have seen in a playoff game is MartyBall Chargers handing the Pattycakes a 2006 game.

The pass call.

The Pats *won*.

Thread Information