Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Rangers just acquired Cole Hamels...
    And gave up 6 players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And gave up 6 players
    I liked Harrison but he just hasn't been healthy. Didn't see what prospects they traded away tho.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cole said he was happy to be with the Rangers. He is 31 and going to make $76 million
    now, I guess its time for his Tommy John...LOL ...only the Rangers.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers won big time in this trade. We have Cole Hamels for 3 years plus an optional 4th. We gave up Harry, and some prospects-Williams, Alfaro,Thompson,Asher, and Eickhoff. Plus Philly apparently ate a lot of Hamels contract and all of Harry's. A+ trade imo
    Last edited by Chris; 07-30-2015 at 12:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers also got Diekman, a below average relief pitcher in his 4th year, but possibly could do well with a change of scenery. We gave up our 4th, 5th ,6th, 17th, and 29th best prospects, not THE best prospects but Rangers ranked prospects so its not like we sold the farm.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Rangers won big time in this trade. We have Cole Hamels for 3 years plus an optional 4th. We gave up Harry, and some prospects-Williams, Alfaro,Thompson,Asher, and Eickhoff. Plus Philly apparently ate a lot of Hamels contract and all of Harry's. A+ trade imo
    Lol Rangers lost this trade. You don't mortgage your future when you are not close to contending.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Lol Rangers lost this trade. You don't mortgage your future when you are not close to contending.
    At some point though, don’t you actually need good players that can produce? I don’t have a dog in this fight but it doesn’t seem like they’re that far off from contending. Their two best pitchers haven’t even played this season and now they’ve added another ace. Basically next season they’re adding 2 aces and one pretty good #3 in 2016. That’s a huge difference.

Yu, Hamels, Holland, and a few quality options at 4-5 is a playoff rotation if they’re all healthy. Also, I don’t think they gave up any of the “can’t miss” prospects the Phillies were asking for. On top of that, Philly is paying some of his salary. Right now it looks like an even trade for both clubs.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    At some point though, don’t you actually need good players that can produce? I don’t have a dog in this fight but it doesn’t seem like they’re that far off from contending. Their two best pitchers haven’t even played this season and now they’ve added another ace. Basically next season they’re adding 2 aces and one pretty good #3 in 2016. That’s a huge difference.

Yu, Hamels, Holland, and a few quality options at 4-5 is a playoff rotation if they’re all healthy. Also, I don’t think they gave up any of the “can’t miss” prospects the Phillies were asking for. On top of that, Philly is paying some of his salary. Right now it looks like an even trade for both clubs.
    In baseball it's really hard to sustain success unless you have a good farm system. Trading 6 guys a few top prospects in their system for a guy who is 31, who will likely be on the decline in a few years is dumb, and will lead them to where the Astros were with those 100 loss seasons once their farm is empty and their guys are hurt yet again.
    Last edited by djohn2oo8; 07-30-2015 at 12:19 PM.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    You must be seeing something I'm not. From what I've read none of the guys they gave up have looked anything special this season or are expected to be stars. time will tell, though. Seems like the Phillies were thinking quan y over quality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, liking what I'm reading and hearing about this Hamels dude. Hope he can help lead a big charge over the last 60ish games here.

I agree that the Rangers should have a huge 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2016 looks great, but there's still plenty of time to get back in it this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In baseball it's really hard to sustain success unless you have a good farm system. Trading 6 guys a few top prospects in their system for a guy who is 31, who will likely be on the decline in a few years is dumb, and will lead them to where the Astros were with those 100 loss seasons once their farm is empty and their guys are hurt yet again.
    And because the Rangers have a great farm system, they were able to make this trade without "mortgaging the future". They kept Mazara, Gallo, Brinson, ChiChi, Jackson, etc... One of the main benefits of having a deep farm system is that you can make trades like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swept

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Napoli is back via trade; always liked Nap

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Napoli is back via trade; always liked Nap
    Nap is 33 years old and will be a free agent after this season. He was hitting 207. with
    19 hr and 48 RBI's for the last place Sox. Rangers were looking for some right handed power
    hitting......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nap is 33 years old and will be a free agent after this season. He was hitting 207. with
    19 hr and 48 RBI's for the last place Sox. Rangers were looking for some right handed power
    hitting......
    Bannister was looking for someone to field the void against lefty pitching since our catchers are injured. Napoli was overused with nothing to play for in Boston. 19 homeruns is nothing to sniff at tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to have Napoli back tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers trade for OF Venable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Venable was my favorite Padre. Pissed to see him traded but at least it's to the Rangers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And we keep winning.... Only 2 games back of Houston in the standings and only 1 game back in the loss column...

#nevereverquit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SWEEP and 2 1/2 games ahead for 1st place in the division

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props Texas.
    But do you realize my only hope for Skosha getting replaced is if the Angels do not make the playoffs?

Could you let the Astros win a couple games?
    Please?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props Texas.
    But do you realize my only hope for Skosha getting replaced is if the Angels do not make the playoffs?

Could you let the Astros win a couple games?
    Please?
    Skosha's time is up - I agree. Big game tomorrow

Thread Information