Last edited by ace3g; 04-01-2015 at 07:27 PM.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    Post Count
    Only fighter I'm looking forward to here is Michael Chiesa, he got unlucky in his last fight and will certainly make a strong comeback

I'm actually going to this fight on Saturday - first time at a live UFC event so I'm pretty stoked.

Ricardo Lamas vs. Chad Mendes - Mendes and Lamas are very similar fighters, Mendes is just better (except at the BJJ) and is much much stronger.

Al Iaquinta vs. Jorge Masvidal - should be a barn burner and I really like watching Iaquinta fight - you can tell he trains with Wiedman

Michael Chiesa vs. Mitch Clarke - Clarke is sneaky good, and I'm so sick of Chiesa, but after thinking this over again, I really don't see a path to victory for Clarke. Chiesa is better at Clarke's strengths than he is.

Milana Dudieva vs. Julianna Pena - don't know much about Dudieva, but Pena has impressed me

Diego Ferreira vs. Dustin Poirier - should be an easy fight for Poirier
    Last edited by txstr1986; 04-04-2015 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Changes the Chiesa-Clarke pick

Have fun at the fight, one day I'll go.

Have fun at the fight, one day I'll go.
    Thanks, ace. I'll be sure to take some pictures and post them here.

main CARD
    FOX Sports 1, 1 p.m. ET

reminder of early start time because of Final 4 tourney later in the evening.

Jorge Masvidal just put a large cut under the eye of AI

One of the first post fight interviews where you couldn't hear a word, lol #UFCFairfax

Awesome experience yesterday - I highly recommend going to a live event if you ever have the chance. Being there in the building was incredible. It was funny how quite it would get during fights. There's no play-by-play, so unless the crowd is making noise it's just silent (except for the sound of the kicks, we could hear some liver shots and we were about 30 rows from the cage). The crowd is totally into it as well, and when the fight is tense they're just quiet and and on the edge of their seats. Plenty of "USA" chants when the Russians were fighting, and apparently Guida is super popular, because the "Guida" chants were the loudest of the day...

Myself and two friends before the fights

Patriot Center before the fights

Clay Guida and Robbie Peralta

Al Aaquinta circling the cage as Masvidal enters the arena

Chad Mendes and Ricardo Lamas right after the bell rang

Chad Mendes with his armed raised after the TKO

Last edited by txstr1986; 04-05-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Thread Information