1- Golden State
    2- Dallas
    3- Memphis
    4- San Antonio
    5- Houston
    6- LA Clippers
    7- Portland
    8- OKC
    Dallas is not getting the #2 seed. They had the easiest schedule of all the WCF teams to start the season. And their schedule is tough the rest of the way. Grizz may get the #2 seed. But the rest of the teams should fall behind the Spurs as they have much more difficult schedules remaining and several have key injuries now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to get some help in one way or another tonight out of MEM/DAL. Frankly, I think the better outcome over the long haul for the Spurs out of that one is a Dallas win. Honestly, if the Mavs can get both ends of this back-to-back (MEM and @HOU), it might be the best long-term outcome for SA. That will delay the Spurs having a chance to move up in the standings a bit (if Dallas were to lose both and the Spurs beat Charlotte, the Spurs and Mavs would be in a tie for 6th in the the West by Thursday), but it will bring Memphis and Houston back to the pack a bit and put the Spurs only 4 back in the loss column from the 2nd seed. The closer the pack stays bunched (after GST) the better chance a hot team has to play its way up the standings fairly quickly.
    Last edited by FromWayDowntown; 01-27-2015 at 01:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to get some help in one way or another tonight out of MEM/DAL. Frankly, I think the better outcome over the long haul for the Spurs out of that one is a Dallas win. Honestly, if the Mavs can get both ends of this back-to-back (MEM and @HOU), it might be the best long-term outcome for SA. That will delay the Spurs having a chance to move up in the standings a bit (if Dallas were to lose both and the Spurs beat Charlotte, the Spurs and Mavs would be in a tie for 6th in the the West by Thursday), but it will bring Memphis and Houston back to the pack a bit and put the Spurs only 4 back in the loss column from the 2nd seed. The closer the pack stays bunched (after GST) the better chance a hot team has to play its way up the standings fairly quickly.
    Memphis look a much better team since the return of Randolph and the trade for Green. I think they have the #2 seed pretty much locked unless they go through a slump later.

Realistically, the Spurs, if they dont' suffer any setback, can look to winning the #3 seed in the medium term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Q: If you're 7-1 in playoff series and been to the Finals last two years, and are defending champs, how do you fly under the radar?

A: Don't worry, the Spurs can do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After today's games, the Spurs are only 1 game back of DAL for #6, 2 1/2 games back of LAC for #4, and 3 1/2 games back of Portland for #3. There is very little distance separating these teams, and many of them are scheduled to beat each other up in the coming days.

As long as the Spurs continue to take care of business, they could very well be the 3 / 4 seed by the all-star break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will be lucky to stay within the top 8...
    Horse . We've won 8 of 10, and are only 4.5 out of second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After today's games, we've finally moved up to #6. Unfortunately, there's quite a distance now between us and #5, 3.0 games back. The good news is that there's a 3-way tie between #'s 3-5, so we're about as far from #3 as #5 currently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was kind of hoping the Spurs would stay 6th or lower and try to break the Hakeem the Pedo-led Rockets' record playoff run, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wait the spurs are right there just imagine if they had a top 5-10 point guard in the nba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from illiterate to blue text sarcasm? you've come a long way, ducks

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his english courses are paying off.

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UPDATE: Unfortunately, I may have been a little overoptimistic with this prediction. Despite getting Leonard back, the Spurs are still stuck at #7 with only 29 games left in the season. At this point, climbing all the way to #2 might be a reach. Fortunately, we're only 3 games back of POR in the loss column

Again, working from from the assumption that the Spurs will go on a 58-win pace the rest of the year (an ambitious, but realistic goal, given that the team is now fully healthy and has an unexacting schedule the rest of the way), the Spurs will finish with 55 wins for the season. Going by Hollinger's Playoff Odds Projection, Memphis will finish the season with 56 wins and the Clippers with 54.

That should be enough for the Spurs to attain the #3 seed by the end of the year. And assuming we face off against Memphis in the 2nd round (a team we have historically owned), we shouldn't need HCA to beat them anyway. Hence, barring a major injury, the Spurs should be able to get back to at least the WCF this year.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a horrible prediction. #3 is realistic, and if Memphis hits a skid the Spurs have an outside shot. At this point the Spurs will end up ahead of Houston and OKC, which is really all that matters. They can win anywhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they'll finish with 54-56 wins. If they get to that total with a healthy squad, I'll be more than happy.

If I'm going to wish for more than that, I'd like their side of the bracket to include Portland, Memphis, and the Clippers. The other side would have GS, OKC, the Mavs and the Rox.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good call op tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UPDATE: Unfortunately, I may have been a little overoptimistic with this prediction. Despite getting Leonard back, the Spurs are still stuck at #7 with only 29 games left in the season. At this point, climbing all the way to #2 might be a reach. Fortunately, we're only 3 games back of POR in the loss column

Again, working from from the assumption that the Spurs will go on a 58-win pace the rest of the year (an ambitious, but realistic goal, given that the team is now fully healthy and has an unexacting schedule the rest of the way), the Spurs will finish with 55 wins for the season. Going by Hollinger's Playoff Odds Projection, Memphis will finish the season with 56 wins and the Clippers with 54.

That should be enough for the Spurs to attain the #3 seed by the end of the year. And assuming we face off against Memphis in the 2nd round (a team we have historically owned), we shouldn't need HCA to beat them anyway. Hence, barring a major injury, the Spurs should be able to get back to at least the WCF this year.
    Damn, you should have stuck with your original prediction, good call, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would qualify as an all time jinx if we lose to New Orleans; we won't, but still.

I guess though, since someone is bumping those bad apolosic takes that maybe we have counter mojo of bad takes over good. I don't know,I don't play with magic like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.Dubs
    2.Spurs
    3.Memphis
    4.Rox
    5.Mavs
    6.Clippers
    7.Blazers
    8.OKC

Can't get better than that, realistically
    And now everyone knows that this ranking is not valid because someone had to win the north west div. Lol thunder. Lol guests.

Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And now everyone knows that this ranking is not valid because someone had to win the north west div. Lol thunder. Lol guests.
    I saw that on page 1 and laughed at the idea that all 4 teams from the SW Division and the Pacific runner up finished ahead of the NW Division winner.

Thread Information