My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A federal judge has upheld the right of the Dish Network satellite service to continue offering consumers the technology to watch television on devices like tablets and phones.

US District Judge Dolly Gee of Los Angeles found that the Dish Anywhere service does not infringe the copyrights of broadcasters. The Tuesday decision, [PDF] if it survives appeal, is significant because it allows consumers to watch television on non-television devices outside the home. What's more, the litigation was seen as a first test case following the Supreme Court's decision last year in which the high court essentially shuttered broadcast streaming service Aereo.
    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...-broadcasters/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been using DishAnywhere on my Hopper w/Sling for a while. It's basically a built-in slingbox. They just need to get their together and allow streaming out the stuff you rented too (including NBA LP). I also have a stand-alone sling box and can do that no problem, with this ruling there's no reason for them to block that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been using DishAnywhere on my Hopper w/Sling for a while. It's basically a built-in slingbox. They just need to get their together and allow streaming out the stuff you rented too (including NBA LP). I also have a stand-alone sling box and can do that no problem, with this ruling there's no reason for them to block that.
    I agree. I don't see tons of people streaming to their phone and then hooking it up to a larger screen so they and their buddies can watch something to screw the provider. I'm sure that's an oversimplification but who gives a where you watch if you've paid for it. If someone really wanted to see something on their dish, they could have their wife face time it to them.

Except for very short times and rare cir stances, I try to avoid watching TV or movies on my phone. That can't be good for your eyes. I've even cut back on doing it on a tablet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. I don't see tons of people streaming to their phone and then hooking it up to a larger screen so they and their buddies can watch something to screw the provider. I'm sure that's an oversimplification but who gives a where you watch if you've paid for it. If someone really wanted to see something on their dish, they could have their wife face time it to them.

Except for very short times and rare cir stances, I try to avoid watching TV or movies on my phone. That can't be good for your eyes. I've even cut back on doing it on a tablet.
    I do it all the time when I'm on the road, especially in some remote areas where there's no Wifi... it's really great not to miss my Spurs games...

Thread Information