Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting stat:

Home teams have only been winning at a clip of 53% the past 2 seasons, which is by far the lowest in the history of the league..

Teams in the 80s were winning at a rate of 65-70% at home, and teams in the 90s won around 59-61% of home games..

Why were old-timers so poor at playing on the road, tbh?the mean crowds

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Interesting stat:

Home teams have only been winning at a clip of 53% the past 2 seasons, which is by far the lowest in the history of the league..

Teams in the 80s were winning at a rate of 65-70% at home, and teams in the 90s won around 59-61% of home games..

Why were old-timers so poor at playing on the road, tbh?the mean crowds
    I know this is a thing of yours but think about those old buildings teams used to play in I would argue almost every new building provides less of a HCA then the new ones. OF course having a better team makes a diffrence them Spurs have been good for over a decade home and away including impressive runs on the infamous rodeo trip ...

If you watch clips of Reunion Arena (Dallas), the spectrum (philly) Old Boston Garden, the Forum, The Salt Palace etc. I Would hate to play in those old places a lot more than the pristine new places Like Staples and TD Garden that has take over. Better fan experience but less home-court advantage ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last season had a crazy schedule.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron was 0-1 in buildings without AC.

Boston Garden didn't AC.

Superfriends would have been swept by the 80s Celtics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess that's probably because today's fans aren't as enthusiastic about this game as the old school fans were. Or in another way it may indicate that people have already realized how fake the game is, or how fake the game has become in Stern's tenure. Fans just watch the game for fun these days, rooting only for the winning teams, and you can no longer see die-hard fans of any specific team. They just don't give a anymore, it seems like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also there is the travel aspect to consider.
    Travelling 20+ years ago took a much bigger toll on athletes than it does today. No first class flights, no private jets. Instead they had bus tours or like that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lebron was 0-1 in buildings without AC.

Boston Garden didn't AC.

Superfriends would have been swept by the 80s Celtics.
    Jesus Christ you're such an insufferably stupid gook

I guess that's probably because today's fans aren't as enthusiastic about this game as the old school fans were. Or in another way it may indicate that people have already realized how fake the game is, or how fake the game has become in Stern's tenure. Fans just watch the game for fun these days, rooting only for the winning teams, and you can no longer see die-hard fans of any specific team. They just don't give a anymore, it seems like.
    This, basketball isn't interesting enough when your team sucks...especially the neverending, mostly meaningless regular season. There's no real rivalries to look forward to either--just kinda lame all-around. Obviously there's a few players worth the price of admission, but there's an overwhelming sense of meh.

To be fair i was also a kid with no responsibilities in the 90s, so sports were easier to follow, naturally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ you're such an insufferably stupid gook
    I thought Jesus is/was/will always be Jewish. He's also pretty smart too.

Veteran
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Because the NBA used to be Faaantastic.

Now it's not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol most players today complain about touch fouls.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count

Have to agree to some extent, refs rigging the game took away some credibility for me, who gives a if at any time Stern or whoever can adjust the result so they can make more money at the expense of the games essence. As well as, these days its either chucking 3's or driving the lane into the one or two good bigs left in the league followed by a flopping foul and a three throw parade to help out current "superstars" like Meth Durant, or Harden. Then you have Kobe Rapist ting on today's game by chucking for records instead of competing for wins. When you see on so many levels that its not about compe ion but how much money NBA can make, one has to consider if this isn't just a waste of time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if a team really wanted a home court advantage, they need to build something small and uncomfortably tight. also, spare any luxuries on the other teams locker room. Make it a miserable place to play as a visitor and make the fans as uncomfortable and pissed off as possible. keep beer reasonably priced.

but then the owner is not making enough money.

also, you have decent tickets costing so much that lower income people can't afford good seats. these low income people are the ones that "live and die" based on the success of their local sports team and are the loudest fans in the arena.

then you have the arenas being so upscale that it's not just about the game anymore. people come to be be seen, eat, have some drinks, do business, etc. the game is often just background noise to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty sure jesus ended up christian tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this generation's best 2 players (LeRoids and Ethiopia) are possibly the most mentally weak #1 and #2 players in the history of the game

fail tbh

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less jumbotrons: fans sitting on their hands watching video clips. Less texting and recording clips of the game (which no one will ever watch) on their mobile leashes. Today's fan is almost as watered down as the players on the court

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dude Jesus was/will always be a Christian, get your facts straight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude Jesus was/will always be a Christian, get your facts straight
    Arguable.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because players have an excuse to lose now. Losing at home used to be frowned upon. Now it's a strategy.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    '90s basketball

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They're both ty.

Boston Celtics who are purposely tanking are 2 games. 2 GAMES!!! back from the playoff seed

This season is shaping up as one of the worst and most watered down in the history of the league to be quite ing honest...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're both ty.

Boston Celtics who are purposely tanking are 2 games. 2 GAMES!!! back from the playoff seed

This season is shaping up as one of the worst and most watered down in the history of the league to be quite ing honest...
    Season is too damn long and coaches are figuring out that being healthy and rested is better than moving up a seed or two.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    pretty sure jesus ended up christian tbh
    I shouldnt but I laughed ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Less jumbotrons: fans sitting on their hands watching video clips. Less texting and recording clips of the game (which no one will ever watch) on their mobile leashes. Today's fan is almost as watered down as the players on the court
    Truth. The Cuban's place is one of the WORST offenders. Lots of sights and sights for sounds for kids (and corny adults)a nd he has been deliberate about it. Says he offers a family experience. But the Mavs are all about videos with Dirk on John Travolta's head dancing to SNF songs and fat dudes with bellies out at half-time. Concessions are nuts (ha) and as someone else said it's more for the movers and shakers to wine and dine potential clients. Beautiful arena I have enjoyed both a suite and cheap seats there ... (never courtside) but old Reunion (never been) but I remember my GOAT Laker teams struggling at that place ... The Lakers have won everytime I went to see them here except of course when it mattered most Game 3 in 2011 =(

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    They're both ty.

I had to check to make sure you weren't kidding. Wow, that is horrible.

Thread Information