My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Man, this sucks...

Shock is a good word for it. Terrifying would be another.

Friday's news that Mirza Teletovic will miss the remainder of the season due to bilateral pulmonary embolus - multiple blood clots in his lungs - came seemingly out of nowhere and sounds incredibly scary. Head coach Lionel Hollins even admitted Teletovic could have died had he gotten on the team's flight on Thursday.

Teletovic's condition will end his season, and it's possible it could be career-threatening. The New York Post explains:

According to medical experts that include vascular surgeons, hematologists and cardialogists, Teletovic likely is undergoing a gamut of bloodwork to ensure he doesn’t have blood conditions that make him prone to clots that could end his career at age 29.

If the bloodwork shows Teletovic has an autoimmune disease called antiphospholipid antibody syndrome, he may need to take blood thinners the rest of his life. The medical community is in debate on whether someone on blood thinners can play contact sports such as basketball. Most opinions are it is unsafe because of fear of internal bleeding.

Teletovic is likely to undergo stress testing to ensure there's been no long-term damage to his heart, and teams interested in his services as a restricted free agent this summer are sure to run him through the gamut of medical evaluations.

While Teletovic is putting forth a brave and appreciative face, the situation has put some of his teammates at unease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Coolest name in the history of the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Coolest name in the history of the NBA
    Mirza is a terrorist name...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sucks, tbh... maybe he can play in some Polish or Lithuanian league where they don't care about blood clots or players smoking, tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why couldn't it have been Kobe instead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Varejao had similar issue last season. And he played this season until his yearly injury.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...nder-of-season

Edit: Teletubbie has a bilateral multiple blood clots. Far serious than Andy case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he come in contact with Magic?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he come in contact with Magic?

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Devastating news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I was really impressed with him too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A friend of mine in her 20s recently went to the hospital and they found this exact thing. Terrifying. She said she won't be the same for 6 months, if ever.

Thread Information