Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You're right, they say he's an average qb who benefits from his defense and running game.
    No they don't. Why not try actually looking at his stats, it does help.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Nah, the stats actually show he's not elite.

Translation: in 30% of the Seahawks' wins in the Struggle era, he's played like a below-average quarterback and the defense has completely bailed him out. "Elite" my ass
    How come all those like myself who really understand the game disagree with you?

Give me the name of any QB who ever played the game and I will compare their first three seasons to RW's. Let's see how they stack up.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Actually, I was wrong about the percentage. In reality, 35% of their wins have been in spite of Struggle playing at a below-average level.

Post Count
    all those like myself who really understand the game

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Actually, I was wrong about the percentage. In reality, 35% of their wins have been in spite of Struggle playing at a below-average level.
    So who is he better than? Anyone?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

I;m not the one...you gotta pass pass and pass...HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Count
    I;m not the one...you gotta pass pass and pass...HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    With you, it's "run, run, run, two yards and a cloud of dust" until you need to start making excuses for Struggle, at which point it becomes "he has no weapons in the passing game "

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    With you, it's "run, run, run, two yards and a cloud of dust" until you need to start making excuses for Struggle, at which point it becomes "he has no weapons in the passing game "
    Amazing, wow~~~~~~~~~~~

Two yards and a cloud of dust won't win a ing thing...ok? What will win his ...THIRD and SHORT...ok? Football is all about...THIRD DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!...ok?

When you can run the ball, you will be in third and two/three....now what? Yep..run? pass? When in third and more than 4...PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!...now think.

Like talking to a little kid, wow~~~~~~~~~~~

AND..when you can run the ball you consume time, which gives your D a blow.

Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~~

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How many great/HOF type QB's came right out of college and started every game their first three pro football seasons, well?

Johnny Unitas was cut
    Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Big Ben, John Elway...didn't start every game their rookie season. Brett Favre was dumped. Aaron Rodgers sat on a bench for how long? Tom Brady sat on a bench for how long? How long before Terry Bradshaw was the starter?

I challenge anyone to show me another QB who stepped right out of the NCAA into pro football and comes close to comparing to RW when it comes to...

wins
    comp%
    TD/INT ratio
    passer rating

Come on give me a name of someone who compares.

RW's stats totally dwarf those of Peyton Mannings after three seasaons, not even close. So who did it better after three seasons......well?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-26-2015 at 02:40 AM.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    The saying is "Defense wins championships"

Not...."Elite QB play wins championships"

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    higher QBR than Rivers

wilson does well with his attempts, they're obviously not built to be a high-volume passing team. it would waste their best offensive player in Lynch.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    according to their findings Andrew Luck gets more help than Tom Brady ... and we saw how the pats roster was just heads and toes above the colts
    i'm pretty sure i'd trade edelman, amendola and lolfell for moncrief and ty hilton in a heartbeat. Our best running back apparently is a guy pittsburgh kicked in the butt midseason and made it through waivers no problem. The offence has been good, but it took time and true mastery from the coaching, sometimes beating the overwhelming odds (lolfell producing, really?) and we've been very lucky with injuries. I don't see many of our players on offence getting big contracts at all, perhaps even getting kicked out of the league the moment BB decides they are done with the team. Gronk of course is a different matter.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Andrew Luck career

comp% 58.6
    td/int...86/43
    passer rating....86.6

RW

72/26

No matter what QB you use it will resemble that, RW getting the nod. Talking first three seasons.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i'm pretty sure i'd trade edelman, amendola and lolfell for moncrief and ty hilton in a heartbeat. Our best running back apparently is a guy pittsburgh kicked in the butt midseason and made it through waivers no problem. The offence has been good, but it took time and true mastery from the coaching, sometimes beating the overwhelming odds (lolfell producing, really?) and we've been very lucky with injuries. I don't see many of our players on offence getting big contracts at all, perhaps even getting kicked out of the league the moment BB decides they are done with the team. Gronk of course is a different matter.
    so you really think the difference in that game was just Brady is THAT much better a player than Luck?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    so you really think the difference in that game was just Brady is THAT much better a player than Luck?
    In a way, yes. Tom and the coaching. They simply were able to gameplan any way they saw fit and when that didnt work, like against baltimore, tom made the difference. Him and edelman i mean .

Thread Information