Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I must not have been watching the news that day. It surely would have made headlines. Right Trill?

http://www.inquisitr.com/1796986/kri...oingard-video/
    Seemed pretty unnecessary to me. OTH, charging someone pointing a gun at you... not really overly sane/smart. That is the kind of thing that would tend to make adrenaline decisions.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I would point out that SA PD has a good training program and a special unit for handling mentally ill.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014...in-san-antonio

Time to raise taxes to pay for more training. The more training we give police.. the safer everybody is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I also count five minutes before any medical help is applied.

At some point, the cops might have tried to stop the bleeding. Direct pressure and a bandage, although with four close range wounds, I would not think that would help much.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I also count five minutes before any medical help is applied.At some point, the cops might have tried to stop the bleeding. Direct pressure and a bandage, although with four close range wounds, I would not think that would help much.
    I guess cops are as watered down as the rest of society. Unfortunately, a bunch of unremarkable people having to sometimes do remarkable things.

hope and change
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Suicide by cop
    yeah, sure seems like it

also, that Glenn Derr

sure looks the part

In my opinion resorting to gunfire there shows weakness and incompetence. He should probably be relieved of these duties that are beyond his ability

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Guilty of not restraining the person, but the person made the choice to suicide by cop. When does the responsibility fall on the attacker? Ever?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Guilty of not restraining the person, but the person made the choice to suicide by cop. When does the responsibility fall on the attacker? Ever?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers

Such a threat

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I guess cops are as watered down as the rest of society. Unfortunately, a bunch of unremarkable people having to sometimes do remarkable things.

I agree. A difficult job by any stretch, and this kind of picture (cop buying shoes for mentally ill homeless man)makes me mindful of not making sweeping "catchall" statements.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I agree. A difficult job by any stretch, and this kind of picture (cop buying shoes for mentally ill homeless man)makes me mindful of not making sweeping "catchall" statements.
    Right...and I'm definitely not anti-cop. Lots of good ones. But also, it's one of those jobs that a power hungry mental midget can get. As with any job, there are good and bad ones. Obvious difference here is that they get a gun.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Such a horrible take, as if one's looks have any bearing on how dangerous they are with a butcher knife in hand.

Ever seen pictures of Esmie Kay Tseng?

http://murderpedia.org/female.T/t/ts...mie-photos.htm

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Such a horrible take, as if one's looks have any bearing on how dangerous they are with a butcher knife in hand.

Why the would you let someone stand up if they're fully restrained and holding a butcher's knife? Or ANY weapon?

This makes no sense. They shot her because she had a knife, but AFTER they had her completely pinned and unable to pose a threat.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

this was to make your point???

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Why the would you let someone stand up if they're fully restrained and holding a butcher's knife? Or ANY weapon?

This makes no sense. They shot her because she had a knife, but AFTER they had her completely pinned and unable to pose a threat.
    I already questioned why he let her back up after taking her down, very stupid move. I'm guessing though the cop did not know she had a knife until he let her back up. My point was about posting a picture and saying a threat can be determined by looks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings

Would smash

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings

Bad photoshop

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

TWO cops vs. one PROFESSIONAL MMA fighter with a knife.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings

TWO cops vs. one PROFESSIONAL MMA fighter with a knife.
    What is this video supposed to prove? The two situations are completely different

The MMA guy wasn't wielding a knife to begin with, had he been there is no way the officers go and try and tackle him. And did you notice the officer in grey was stabbed in the back almost instantly?

Concerning the OP, I've already said it was a very poor decision to let her off the ground, having moved past that point we are now faced with an armed person with a large knife charging an officer. People who think knifes are not dangerous are incredibly naive, especially at the close distance she was to the officer.

Martial arts article detailing the old 21 foot rule, both positives and negatives.

http://www.usadojo.com/articles/21-feet-valid.htm

21 foot rule demonstrated

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Right...and I'm definitely not anti-cop. Lots of good ones. But also, it's one of those jobs that a power hungry mental midget can get. As with any job, there are good and bad ones. Obvious difference here is that they get a gun.
    Eyup. With great power comes great responsibility. Yeah, I went there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What is this video supposed to prove? The two situations are completely different

The MMA guy wasn't wielding a knife to begin with, had he been there is no way the officers go and try and tackle him. And did you notice the officer in grey was stabbed in the back almost instantly?

Concerning the OP, I've already said it was a very poor decision to let her off the ground, having moved past that point we are now faced with an armed person with a large knife charging an officer. People who think knifes are not dangerous are incredibly naive, especially at the close distance she was to the officer.

Martial arts article detailing the old 21 foot rule, both positives and negatives.

http://www.usadojo.com/articles/21-feet-valid.htm

21 foot rule demonstrated

that was very interesting, and informative. Thanks. Always neat to learn something new.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Such a threat

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Evil Nazi cops just wanted to kill another innocent teen, tbh. She's resting in heaven with the other angels; tvon and little mikey brown.

They were probably talking about it all day, "I really ing hope some dumb charges at me with a knife, cause I'll show her." I ing hate cops. Why can't they just disarm her with their advanced martial arts? I've seen movies, a lot of them, so I know it can be done.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I completely agree that the cops mishandled the situation. Having stated that, her and her problems. She got what she wanted.

Thread Information