Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone played it yet? I can't see myself paying $60 for it, but it's generating a lot of buzz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But did the light dieded ?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone played it yet? I can't see myself paying $60 for it, but it's generating a lot of buzz.

It's supposed to a truly horrible port. One of the benchmarks I saw had a Haswell i3 beating Sandy Bridge i7-2600k and i5-2500k pretty decisively, thanks to pinning one core to 100% usage while the others sit in the corner jerking off, like it's Arma or ing Crysis 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's supposed to a truly horrible port. One of the benchmarks I saw had a Haswell i3 beating Sandy Bridge i7-2600k and i5-2500k pretty decisively, thanks to pinning one core to 100% usage while the others sit in the corner jerking off, like it's Arma or ing Crysis 1.
    Hopefully it's patchable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got it from kickass..

I like it so far, it's like Dead Island with a quality assurance team and parkour. Great graphics. It's been crashing so I'm waiting for a patch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got it from kickass..

I like it so far, it's like Dead Island with a quality assurance team and parkour. Great graphics. It's been crashing so I'm waiting for a patch.
    ^^nosTEAM^^ doing the lord's work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got it from kickass..

Patch is out, tbh...

Dying.Light.Update.v1.2.1.Incl.DLC-RELOADED

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Opinions on the game itself? It's fun, or not worth my time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Opinions on the game itself? It's fun, or not worth my time?
    Worth your time, not worth 60 bucks IMO. In fairness, I don't feel many games are worth the sticker price.

One thing I've noticed that I don't like is they removed the ability to target limbs like in Dead Island.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patch is out, tbh...

Dying.Light.Update.v1.2.1.Incl.DLC-RELOADED
    Is this a patch, or the patched game? Do you know if it addresses the crashing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a patch, or the patched game? Do you know if it addresses the crashing?
    It's just the update + crack... apparently the update fixes some crashes:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/dying-...optimizations/

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Almost bought but decided against it at the last minute.

Saints Row 4 seem more fun to be honest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost bought but decided against it at the last minute.

Saints Row 4 seem more fun to be honest.
    Story is really short on SR4, otherwise, definitely a fun game

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Story is really short on SR4, otherwise, definitely a fun game
    Yeah I still bought it despite hearing it was a rather short game. But I bought the PS4 version which had the Gat Out of DLC included so at least that will make up for the shortness of story of the main game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game is the ..the physics make beating the out of zombies a lot of fun..simple like bashing a zombie over the head while he's climbing over a guard rail, and watching him realistically tumble over and land on his head are great.

I wish they would have included more zombie models, they're all the same. Nearly all of them are in bikinis like we're still playing Dead Island.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game is the ..the physics make beating the out of zombies a lot of fun..simple like bashing a zombie over the head while he's climbing over a guard rail, and watching him realistically tumble over and land on his head are great.

I wish they would have included more zombie models, they're all the same. Nearly all of them are in bikinis like we're still playing Dead Island.
    Does this actually run decent at a factory clock? Can you get even close to 100% GPU usage with such a poorly threaded game? I wonder if the overclocked Pentium could actually run this well considering it only has one thread doing all the work.

The CPU threading being is why everyone has to turn the draw distance all the way down, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this actually run decent at a factory clock? Can you get even close to 100% GPU usage with such a poorly threaded game? I wonder if the overclocked Pentium could actually run this well considering it only has one thread doing all the work.

The CPU threading being is why everyone has to turn the draw distance all the way down, right?
    I honestly haven't kept up with it. I'm running at 55-60 without AA and draw distance at 25% which is what I expect with a 680 and new releases..I can't even notice a difference with draw distance down, as there haven't been any lookout points where I can see that far anyway.

I saw they confirmed the CPU usage issue is causing a lot of problems and an official release is coming.
    Last edited by DJR210; 01-31-2015 at 10:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw they confirmed the CPU usage issue is causing a lot of problems and an official release is coming.
    Damn I ing hate getting games at launch. They play like when they come out and then studios wonder why we wait for them to hit $20 on Steam. After the patches have already fixed the games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I ing hate getting games at launch. They play like when they come out and then studios wonder why we wait for them to hit $20 on Steam. After the patches have already fixed the games.
    Yeah, the "always connnected" Era of video games ing sucks. Everything is rushed. Then you get to purchase the game twice when you factor in DLC that used to be included as part of the base game.

This is why I sail the treacherous seas.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the "always connnected" Era of video games ing sucks. Everything is rushed. Then you get to purchase the game twice when you factor in DLC that used to be included as part of the base game.

This is why I sail the treacherous seas.
    det has been happening for a damn long time now tbh, 10+

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    det has been happening for a damn long time now tbh, 10+
    Yeah, Bethesda started this with their goty horse armor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly haven't kept up with it. I'm running at 55-60 without AA and draw distance at 25% which is what I expect with a 680 and new releases..I can't even notice a difference with draw distance down, as there haven't been any lookout points where I can see that far anyway.

Not bad. Runs at a locked 60FPS with AA for me setting draw distance to 25% (though GeForce experience recommends 50%). I expected it to run like . I always turn on VSync though. For instance, Far Cry 4 looks like if I leave VSync off but is pretty awesome with it.

Speaking of VSync, I wish I could get Crysis 3 to do VSync only to 60FPS. When I turn VSync on it syncs mostly to 60, but then drops straight to 30 when it can't maintain 60FPS, which makes it stutter like even though it never seems to get into the 30s with VSync off. Performs good with it off but the tearing is really bad when it goes above 80FPS. But the game looks so much different maxed out than it does on high.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-01-2015 at 03:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You get it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I "bought" it. If I really like it, I'll "buy" it again.

Haven't played it yet though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I "bought" it. If I really like it, I'll "buy" it again.

Haven't played it yet though.
    PYou borrow the Reloaded, or nosTEAM one?

Thread Information