Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Think about most the losses.... Lakers, Magic, Bucks and Toronto (twice).
    Lol the Lakers shouldn't be included there. The Hawks were to start off the season and that's why they lost to the Lakers. But they've made amends ever since and I doubt they'd lose to the Lakers now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want the Hawks to break the record winstreak of 34 but its going to be really hard to do due to teams being more determined to beat them and also they are starting to play less efficient.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I want the Hawks to break the record winstreak of 34 but its going to be really hard to do due to teams being more determined to beat them and also they are starting to play less efficient.
    They won't. But these winning streaks of theirs maybe enough to catapult them into a 60-win season and home court throughout the playoffs. That's important for a team trying to prove something, like them.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    The Hawks have been streaking all season. It won't change any time soon. Even after a loss, they'll be right back. When you look at their schedule, they really won't lose if they bring forth the effort they do night in and out.

Once again, the Hawks are legit. I've seen them play and they grind it out as a team and don't rely on a premier scorer to get it done. Its all execution in crunch time.

When they lost to the Magic, it took the Magic's best game to beat them and their worst game to lose. They only lost by 1 point.

They

1L
    1W
    2L
    4W
    2L
    2W
    1L
    9w
    1L
    5W
    1L
    19W

35-3 in the last 38. Enough said. Practically half the season.

Its takes the first 10 games to get into the flow of the season and to know what you're trying to accomplish consistently. Then its the grind of mid season effort from there on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when the rockets won 21 games or so just a few years ago

This Hawks team is better. But they are not beating Cleveland in 7 games.
    /thread

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    I don't see the logic in that seeing the Hawks are stacked with players with playoff experience. More so veteran experience.

Cleveland was a lottery team for the past 5 plus years. The Hawks also dominated Cleveland twice in the deeper into the season. I don't even see how Cleveland has anything to do with any of this since they didn't even make it to the playoffs last season and are a team ran by two players.

Cleveland's relevance is solely based by one person which is pretty sad. Kind of like that team in the south that has become a ghost.

The Cavs have won 10 straight..not as impressive as when the hawks have done for half a season.

The only thing the Hawks have to worry about when it comes to the Cavaliers in the playoffs is the officiating which lord knows will be god awful on their side.

The Bulls on the other hand are starting to collapse on themselves. The Raptors are on the quiet tear because no one ever notices them. The Wizards are hanging in there.

Honestly, if you believe a Wade less LeBron can win a championship, be my guest to follow that team as blindly as media psychologists and social psychologists strategically stuff it into your simple-minded head.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the logic in that seeing the Hawks are stacked with players with playoff experience. More so veteran experience.

Cleveland was a lottery team for the past 5 plus years. The Hawks also dominated Cleveland twice in the deeper into the season. I don't even see how Cleveland has anything to do with any of this since they didn't even make it to the playoffs last season and are a team ran by two players.

Cleveland's relevance is solely based by one person which is pretty sad. Kind of like that team in the south that has become a ghost.

The Cavs have won 10 straight..not as impressive as when the hawks have done for half a season.

The only thing the Hawks have to worry about when it comes to the Cavaliers in the playoffs is the officiating which lord knows will be god awful on their side.
    I'm not sold on the Cavs either for the same reasons you have stated. The Cavs are pretty much a shaky team that hardly has any playoff experience outside of Lebron James. Kevin Love is an overrated stat padder that won't do anything against the Hawks. You take him out of the equation its basically Lebron and Kyrie vs Hawks. They could beat the Hawks but it would take monster games from both Lebron and Irving to do it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This Hawks team is better. But they are not beating Cleveland in 7 games.
    I agree. Hawks in 5 or 6, most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hawks are legit. It's more to do with coaching and the team makeup than anything else, which is unlike the rockets that was heavily reliant on two players (TMac and Yao), or a player going on a tremendous hot streak that he has no business having (Jennings with the Pistons, Lin with the Knicks, etc ....).

The Hawks are like a hydra, you cut off one head, and there's still 4 heads, you can't really kill it that easily, and the chances of all of their players struggling at the same time is minimal.

That said, they are heavily dependent on Horford, like GSW is reliant on Bogut. Horford had some health issues, and once he goes, the Hawks have no chance in the playoffs and would become very vulnerable.
    TMac was injured when the Rockets had their win streak. Also, those last two paragraphs are in conflict. If they are a hydra, how can they be killed by taking out Horford?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Bulls on the other hand are starting to collapse on themselves. The Raptors are on the quiet tear because no one ever notices them. The Wizards are hanging in there.

Honestly, if you believe a Wade less LeBron can win a championship, be my guest to follow that team as blindly as media psychologists and social psychologists strategically stuff it into your simple-minded head.
    The difference between the teams you mentioned is coaching. The Wiz and Raps will commit low IQ mistakes in the playoffs that cost them the series. Someone will play hero ball and try to save them instead of sticking with the game plan, if there is one. We see it every year. Hero ball might win a game here and there, but it won't win a series. I don't see either the Wiz or the Raps making much noise in the playoffs. The Cavs might however, because Lebron has the ability to draw your best defender night in and night out, and still put up 30/10/8 on you. We've said it before but it bears repeating; Lebron is the difference between making the Finals and missing the playoffs for some teams. He gets a ton of here, but there's a reason he's been in 5 Finals already and a reason why the Heat went to suck town after he left.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    Its almost been a decade...actually, it has been a decade. I'm still hearing the same about LeBron.

He's regressed. He's not the player he use to be. Even at the end of the Miami stint. Cleveland retained him at the wrong time. LeBron is good enough to get you to the finals once by himself. Other than that, he's nothing without his Miami guys.

People really..really disrespect Wade and Bosh's compliments to that guy. Without them, he would have never won those championships and likewise for Bosh and Wade.

Mostly Wade because he was the sole reason LeBron won those les. People forget how much of an impact player Wade is from his offensive game to his defensive game. He was sure grit. But all you heard down south was about how great LeBron was and it was always LeBron and the Miami take on _______. Never the other guys who were all-stars on their own. One thing is for sure that Wade will get you an acrobatic shot layup, impossible to block floater, bated foul on pump fake, and an occasional defensive block. Bosh wasn't the impact player Wade was. Most of all, the annoyances of that era were Shane Battier, Mike Millers and Ray Allen whom everyone has forgotten about their unreal shooting.

Most of all, they knew how to bait officials into making calls that they surely wouldn't get called for. Especially LeBron who the public relations has mastered at perception that he's a stand up guy and an over the top player.

Once again, this is my main point. Kyrie Irving doesn't possess what Wade did to put them over the top. Kevin Love? Shiieeeeet.....

The rotting Iman Shumpert and the terrible shot selection that is Jr Smith.

This is like that 8/10 ex girlfriend that you date because you see something in her that's not ing there and will never be there because you hope it'll be there in the future. Its not gonna happen bro. lol

I don't think any NBA player does right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TMac was injured when the Rockets had their win streak. Also, those last two paragraphs are in conflict. If they are a hydra, how can they be killed by taking out Horford?
    Tmac played in seven of those games, didn't he?

As as said earlier on, I meant offensively. My fault for being unclear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its almost been a decade...actually, it has been a decade. I'm still hearing the same about LeBron.

He's regressed. He's not the player he use to be. Even at the end of the Miami stint. Cleveland retained him at the wrong time. LeBron is good enough to get you to the finals once by himself. Other than that, he's nothing without his Miami guys.

People really..really disrespect Wade and Bosh's compliments to that guy. Without them, he would have never won those championships and likewise for Bosh and Wade.

Mostly Wade because he was the sole reason LeBron won those les. People forget how much of an impact player Wade is from his offensive game to his defensive game. He was sure grit. But all you heard down south was about how great LeBron was and it was always LeBron and the Miami take on _______. Never the other guys who were all-stars on their own. One thing is for sure that Wade will get you an acrobatic shot layup, impossible to block floater, bated foul on pump fake, and an occasional defensive block. Bosh wasn't the impact player Wade was. Most of all, the annoyances of that era were Shane Battier, Mike Millers and Ray Allen whom everyone has forgotten about their unreal shooting.

Most of all, they knew how to bait officials into making calls that they surely wouldn't get called for. Especially LeBron who the public relations has mastered at perception that he's a stand up guy and an over the top player.

Once again, this is my main point. Kyrie Irving doesn't possess what Wade did to put them over the top. Kevin Love? Shiieeeeet.....

The rotting Iman Shumpert and the terrible shot selection that is Jr Smith.

This is like that 8/10 ex girlfriend that you date because you see something in her that's not ing there and will never be there because you hope it'll be there in the future. Its not gonna happen bro. lol

I don't think any NBA player does right now.
    Lebron leaves Cleveland, they go from a 60 win team to a lottery team. Lebron leaves Miami, they go from a Finals contender to a bottom of the playoffs team. Lebron shows back up in Cleveland, they go from a 1st overall pick team to a contender.

Call it what you will, insert any other attribute to any other player all day long, but the success follows Lebron, not the others. Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving have never seen a playoff game. Wade and Bosh are still in Miami. Lebron is the lever.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    No he wasn't . Yao was injured. TMac was the one leading them during their winning streak.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    But the Hawks streak will end tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the Hawks streak will end tomorrow.
    Hawks by 11

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron leaves Cleveland, they go from a 60 win team to a lottery team. Lebron leaves Miami, they go from a Finals contender to a bottom of the playoffs team. Lebron shows back up in Cleveland, they go from a 1st overall pick team to a contender.

Call it what you will, insert any other attribute to any other player all day long, but the success follows Lebron, not the others. Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving have never seen a playoff game. Wade and Bosh are still in Miami. Lebron is the lever.
    He definitely makes them a better team, but he does not make them a sure fire bet to win it all. There are a handful of teams that the Cavs can't beat in seven game series, but sure they can beat up on East teams and get a top 4 seed in the East. At the end of the day, they won't be good enough.

We've seen LeBron win in one system, and what that system requires (mobile stretch four to defend pnr /spread floor, and the personnel to play a trapping defense), he doesn't have in Cleveland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He definitely makes them a better team, but he does not make them a sure fire bet to win it all. There are a handful of teams that the Cavs can't beat in seven game series, but sure they can beat up on East teams and get a top 4 seed in the East. At the end of the day, they won't be good enough.

We've seen LeBron win in one system, and what that system requires (mobile stretch four to defend pnr /spread floor, and the personnel to play a trapping defense), he doesn't have in Cleveland.
    Well no . Even MJ didn't make the Bulls a sure fire bet to win it all. The system exists on plenty other teams that don't win. It's not the system, it's the player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he wasn't . Yao was injured. TMac was the one leading them during their winning streak.
    Who's Yao?

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Maybe we're talking about something different.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count

You're damn right LeBron is the lever but that doesn't mean when he's doing it by himself. Lets not forget he took that overachieving ty cavs team to the finals ONCE. ONCE. Thats it. Never again was it allowed to happen. Ever since then, he got to the finals four straight times with Wade, Bosh. Don't make it seem like they didn't matter cause they sure is did.

LeBron won't win it all in Cleveland bruh. Deal with it. The players that he left in Miami was the best supporting cast he's ever had and ever going to get. Lets not forget the road they had to get to the finals which was cupcake Eastern teams while the real post season was in the East. He took advantage of a weak east and took advantage of an opportunity to play with the leagues top 15 players and even former top performing all stars past their prime at that moment in time. I will never forget how they seemingly had to only get through a injury riddle Bulls and a mentally weak Indiana Pacers to get to the finals. A team that banked in shots in desperation to win their second le. That doesn't take away from their le but they were desperate that first le season. Then a matter of a bounce to win the second.

I want LeBron to come out west. I wish that ni**a would. He is not as scary of a player as the league makes him out to be with their overbearing propaganda and endorsements on him. Its all mental.

He had to have to likes of Rashard Lewis, Ray Allen, Mike Miller, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh to win those les in a cupcake east. He is not gonna get by himself and without gritty players like Battier, Ray Allen, Dwayne Wade. Orlando and even Boston proved that once and other teams will prove it again.

--------

I doubt the Hawks care if people aren't giving them credit for record setting progress because they don't have any figurehead players on their team. This is probably one of their major goals in progress with their organization. No player above the team, a balanced attack/strategy, and avoidance of league hype. I was very interested in how the Hawks would finally get out of that trend of being stagnant the past couple of seasons and they've finally done it. After the playoffs last season which they barely got attention for because it was greatly overshadowed by the Western Conference playoffs, they have been the leagues biggest surprise. They've surpassed the Wizards and even Western Conference teams.

They are currently the best team in the NBA. Why the do they not get credit? They need to have LeBron and be the best team in the NBA. Lmaoo

Jesus.........................Christ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're damn right LeBron is the lever but that doesn't mean when he's doing it by himself. Lets not forget he took that overachieving ty cavs team to the finals ONCE. ONCE. Thats it. Never again was it allowed to happen. Ever since then, he got to the finals four straight times with Wade, Bosh. Don't make it seem like they didn't matter cause they sure is did.
    Vs how many times Bosh took his team to the Finals, or how many times Carmelo Anthony took his team, or Kevin Love. Even Wade needed Shaq to get there. It's not that his teammates didn't matter, but they sure as didn't matter in the 2014 Finals. The numbers don't lie. The success swings with Lebron, not with others. What other player has moved to another team and made them instant contenders? Shaq and Pau Gasol, KG, but of those three only Shaq saw a finals elsewhere.
    LeBron won't win it all in Cleveland bruh. Deal with it. The players that he left in Miami was the best supporting cast he's ever had and ever going to get. Lets not forget the road they had to get to the finals which was cupcake Eastern teams while the real post season was in the East. He took advantage of a weak east and took advantage of an opportunity to play with the leagues top 15 players and even former top performing all stars past their prime at that moment in time. I will never forget how they seemingly had to only get through a injury riddle Bulls and a mentally weak Indiana Pacers to get to the finals. A team that banked in shots in desperation to win their second le. That doesn't take away from their le but they were desperate that first le season. Then a matter of a bounce to win the second.
    Speculation... deal with it.. whatever. Every team that loses has a weakness that becomes obvious, but when that team wins, it's because the other teams are weak. You're not even talking basketball, just throwing out excuses. At the end of the season one team wins their last playoff game and that's that.
    I want LeBron to come out west. I wish that ni**a would. He is not as scary of a player as the league makes him out to be with their overbearing propaganda and endorsements on him. Its all mental.
    He's not scary at all. The Spurs crippled him and his legacy last year, but he's the difference maker on a team. There are 30 NBA teams. Half of them are in the East. Lebron's team came out 4 consecutive times and 5 times overall. After he left, the Cavs couldn't make the playoffs, got 1st overall picks over and over and still couldn't make the playoffs. Say what you will, but every person here would love to have Lebron on their team.
    He had to have to likes of Rashard Lewis, Ray Allen, Mike Miller, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh to win those les in a cupcake east. He is not gonna get by himself and without gritty players like Battier, Ray Allen, Dwayne Wade. Orlando and even Boston proved that once and other teams will prove it again.
    What had Wade done since 2006? What had Bosh ever done? What had Lewis, a guy the Magic overpaid, done? Ray Allen needed to stack in Boston to win. NY was stacked and they got their pushed in and was on the retirement wagon. Every championship team has gritty players. Those gritty players didn't do anywhere else. So you're basically saying he needs teammates, that he cannot go out there and play 1 on 5 for 48 minutes. We agree.
    I doubt the Hawks care if people aren't giving them credit for record setting progress because they don't have any figurehead players on their team. This is probably one of their major goals in progress with their organization. No player above the team, a balanced attack/strategy, and avoidance of league hype. I was very interested in how the Hawks would finally get out of that trend of being stagnant the past couple of seasons and they've finally done it. After the playoffs last season which they barely got attention for because it was greatly overshadowed by the Western Conference playoffs, they have been the leagues biggest surprise. They've surpassed the Wizards and even Western Conference teams.

They are currently the best team in the NBA. Why the do they not get credit? They need to have LeBron and be the best team in the NBA. Lmaoo

Jesus.........................Christ.
    They get credit. They just don't get coverage. That's how it goes. Kobe gets more coverage than Atlanta, and he's not even playing.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Davis is back tonight. Streak ends tonight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis is back tonight. Streak ends tonight.
    The streak continues and the Pelicans get blown out.

Thread Information