Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a superstar driven league.
    Yeah no one was really in superstar level for the Spurs last year. No one in the Hawks this year either.

ISOball is dead

Believe.
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Yeah no one was really in superstar level for the Spurs last year. No one in the Hawks this year either.

ISOball is dead
    You think the Hawks are beating Lebron in the playoffs? It's not happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a superstar driven league.
    Not last year during the finals.

Believe.
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Not last year during the finals.
    2 years vs. the nearly the rest of NBA history.

I know which side that I'm putting my money on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 years vs. the nearly the rest of NBA history.

I know which side that I'm putting my money on.
    You're an odd predicament. A Hawks fan who wants to argue against the success of the Hawks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think the Hawks are beating Lebron in the playoffs? It's not happening.
    Ok, not my problem.

Believe.
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    You're an odd predicament. A Hawks fan who wants to argue against the success of the Hawks.
    It was a nice string of luck/overachiving, but the playoffs seperates the men from the boys. Almost nobody will care about this regular season streak if the team goes out early in the playoffs.... Which is what most likely will happen.

The best big manon this team is Horford... Who is a soft player that shoots jump shots because he isn't tough enough to play inside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a nice string of luck/overachiving, but the playoffs seperates the men from the boys. Almost nobody will care about this regular season streak if the team goes out early in the playoffs.... Which is what most likely will happen.

The best big manon this team is Horford... Who is a soft player that shoots jump shots because he isn't tough enough to play inside.
    Why does Horfod need to play inside? His role is clearly to play outside to free up Millsap..

I thought the Spurs already killed this old school mentality...Big man should be tough inside players blah blah blah..can't win without a superstar blah blah..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does Horfod need to play inside? His role is clearly to play outside to free up Millsap..

I thought the Spurs already killed this old school mentality...Big man should be tough inside players blah blah blah..can't win without a superstar blah blah..
    Have you noticed that Wilson and Parker look like practically the same dude. Now that's some food for thought right thurr.

Who is Horfod? I don't know who that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I still like the Hawks over anyone in the East, but I admit they will have a problem with a Cleveland team that starts playing together... they don't have an answer for LeBron in the same the Spurs did, throwing Kawhi/Green/Boris at him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still like the Hawks over anyone in the East, but I admit they will have a problem with a Cleveland team that starts playing together... they don't have an answer for LeBron in the same the Spurs did, throwing Kawhi/Green/Boris at him.
    Korver is one of their better defenders lol. Can you imagine Korver on Lebron for most of the game? That would be fun.

Believe.
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Korver is one of their better defenders lol. Can you imagine Korver on Lebron for most of the game? That would be fun.
    To be fair, Korver plays hard on defense. Everyone has seen that photo where he cowers after getting dunked on. That wouldn't happen to him now.

He plays hard on that end, and he even blocks shots sometimes. Like he did against Hibbert in the playoffs last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, Korver plays hard on defense. Everyone has seen that photo where he cowers after getting dunked on. That wouldn't happen to him now.

He plays hard on that end, and he even blocks shots sometimes. Like he did against Hibbert in the playoffs last year.
    Just this year I noticed he gets a lot of blocks, probably because the Hawks are starting to get some airtime. I was like, WTF? Korver? Always thought he was a one dimensional player but I'm gonna give him some credit - like I said, one of your better defenders. Not as good as Whorford but pretty good nonetheless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree-- Korver's effort on the defensive end is admirable. People who joke about Korver being nothing more than a shooter obviously haven't watched actual games.

Believe.
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

A couple of exceptions does not change the rule.

Not only does Horf shoot a bunch of jumpers like a pussy, but he does not rebound either. Grabbing 5 or 6 rebounds a game is pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , now I wanna see a Lebron/Korver playoff matchup. As long as he does better than Craig Ehlo did on Jordan, it's a win for Korver, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Just this year I noticed he gets a lot of blocks, probably because the Hawks are starting to get some airtime. I was like, WTF? Korver? Always thought he was a one dimensional player but I'm gonna give him some credit - like I said, one of your better defenders. Not as good as Whorford but pretty good nonetheless.
    4-5 boards and 3 assists per game are not terrible for the type of player Korver is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4-5 boards and 3 assists per game are not terrible for the type of player Korver is.
    And with the historic 3 point shooting I thought he should have gotten onto the All-Star Roster. Hard to pick between the Hawks though since they are so balanced, so it was a tossup I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple of exceptions does not change the rule.

Not only does Horf shoot a bunch of jumpers like a pussy, but he does not rebound either. Grabbing 5 or 6 rebounds a game is pathetic.
    The Hawks are clearly trying to make it a few exceptions..Outside of kawhi and Tim, none of the spurs actually rebound the ball specially the spread bigs like Diaw. Horfod might be soft, but he is exactly the spread player that fits perfectly in how Bud wants to play his offense...Plus a Spread player = Less rebounds..That's perfectly natural since it's not your job to grab offensive boards.

Again, he's clearly a spread big and those guys don't really rebound...

What exactly is wrong with his game again?

The spurs just beat the biggest superstar in the league, why would anyone not give the same formula a chance?

The organization is clearly sold on what they want to do, and the players fit perfectly..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ARTICLE: HAWKS’ PARTY DOESN’T HAVE TO END WITH STREAK

February 2, 2015

By Fran Blinebury

The Hawks aren’t exactly the first bunch of visitors to leave town with a pounding in their heads after a stop in New Orleans.
    But just because the rip-roaring, can-you-believe-it, franchise-record 19-game winning streak came crashing down 115-110 on Monday night, it doesn’t mean the party in Atlanta has to end.
    Of the previous seven teams in NBA history to win at least 19 consecutive games in a single season, five went on to win a championship.
    The first things first and the immediate challenge is not to suffer from a post-streak hangover. More times than not, it happens.
    Here’s a look back at how the other streakers continued:
    Lakers 1971- 1972 — 33 in a row.
    The streak ended with a 120-104 at to the Bucks at Milwaukee on Jan. 9 The Lakers with Hall of FamersWilt Chamberlain, Jerry West and Gail Goodrich won just two of their next five games, but later had a pair of eight-game win streaks and closed out the regular season on a 10-1 run. Record: 69-13.
    In the playoffs they beat the Bulls 4-0, Bucks 4-2 and the Knicks 4-1 in The Finals.
    Champions.
    Heat 2012-13 — 27 in a row.
    The streak ended with a 101-97 loss at Chicago on March 27. The Heat with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh went just 2-2 in their next four games before closing out the regular season with an eight-game win streak. Record: 66-16.
    In the playoffs they beat the Bucks 4-0, Bulls 4-1, Pacers 4-3 and Spurs 4-3 in The Finals.
    Champions.
    Rockets 2007-08 — 22 in a row.
    The streak ended with a 94-74 loss at home to the Celtics on March 18. The Rockets with Tracy McGradyand Yao Ming (injured and lost for the season in Game 16) lost the next night at New Orleans and won just three of their next eight games. The Rockets lost two of three to end the regular season. Record: 55-27.
    In the playoffs the (without Yao) they lost in the first round to the Jazz 4-2.
    1970-71 Bucks — 20 in a row
    The streak ended with a 110-103 loss in overtime at Chicago on March 9. The Bucks with Hall of FamersKareem Abdul-Jabbar and Oscar Robertson lost three straight games and finished the regular season just 1-5. Record: 66-16.
    In the playoffs they beat the Warriors 4-1, Lakers 4-1 and Bullets 4-0 in The Finals.
    Champions.
    1999-2000 Lakers — 19 in a row.
    The streak ended with a 109-102 loss at Washington on March 16. The Lakers with Shaquille O’Neal andKobe Bryant came right back to rip off another 11-game winning streak and closed out the regular season 14-3. Record: 67-15.
    In the playoffs they beat the Kings 3-2, Suns 4-1, Trail Blazers 4-3 and Pacers 4-2 in The Finals.
    Champions.
    2008-09 Celtics — 19 in a row.
    The streak ended with a 92-83 loss to the Lakers in Los Angeles on Dec. 25. The Celtics with Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen lost again the next night at Golden State. They lost seven of nine games immediately following the streak, but closed out the regular season on a 12-2 run. Record: 62-20.
    In the playoffs they beat the Bulls 4-3 and lost to the Magic 4-3 in the second round.
    2013-14 Spurs — 19 in a row.

The streak ended with a 106-94 loss at Oklahoma City on April 3. The Spurs with Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker went just 3-3 to close out the regular season. Record: 62-20.

In the playoffs they beat the Mavericks 4-3, Trail Blazers 4-1, Thunder 4-2 and Heat 4-1 in The Finals.
    Champions.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/0...iref:nbahpt16a

Believe.
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    The Hawks are clearly trying to make it a few exceptions..Outside of kawhi and Tim, none of the spurs actually rebound the ball specially the spread bigs like Diaw. Horfod might be soft, but he is exactly the spread player that fits perfectly in how Bud wants to play his offense...Plus a Spread player = Less rebounds..That's perfectly natural since it's not your job to grab offensive boards.

Again, he's clearly a spread big and those guys don't really rebound...

What exactly is wrong with his game again?

The spurs just beat the biggest superstar in the league, why would anyone not give the same formula a chance?

The organization is clearly sold on what they want to do, and the players fit perfectly..
    1.You have three HOF players. The Hawks have Al Horford, Paul Millsap and Jeff Teague.

Horford is not a center, Teague is a good PG in a league where most teams have a good PG and Millsap is a 3rd option on a contender.

2.This organization has never won anything. This team is plan B.... They went for Paul and Howard and so they believed that having star players was the best way to go. This is the team that Ferry had to settle on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.You have three HOF players. The Hawks have Al Horford, Paul Millsap and Jeff Teague.

Horford is not a center, Teague is a good PG in a league where most teams have a good PG and Millsap is a 3rd option on a contender.

This organization has never won anything. This team is plan B.... They went for Paul and Howard and so they believed that having star players was the best way to go. This is the team that Ferry had to settle on.
    These HOF have been way out of their primes in the last three years..

Kawhi Leonard is already the best player in the team as evidenced by both Raw and Advanced stats..

At this point, Horford-Millsap-Teague is pretty darn close.

I don't think the Hawks cant beat the spurs because they don't have a dynamic winger, the most valuable position in a ball movement offense...But I wouldn't count the Hawks out..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there an east team with a front court as good as the Pelicans? Debatable. The Hawks should still tear it up over in the cup cake East.

Believe.
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    These HOF have been way out of their primes in the last three years..

Kawhi Leonard is already the best player in the team as evidenced by both Raw and Advanced stats..

At this point, Horford-Millsap-Teague is pretty darn close.

I don't think the Hawks cant beat the spurs because they don't have a dynamic winger, the most valuable position in a ball movement offense...But I wouldn't count the Hawks out..
    Last year was an exception.

Believe.
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    The next 3 games are against Washington, Golden State and Memphis.

The Golden State game looked great a week ago, but it's now it's just another game. It could be 4 losses in a row.

Thread Information