Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting worked by an inconsistent Clippers team that the Spurs usually own and match up very well with..

Losing is one thing, but:

- Allowing 2 of the worst players in NBA history(Austin Rivers and 2015 Turkoglu) to outplay you
    - Allowing one of the worst big men in the league(Spencer Hawes) to look great on both ends
    - Parker and Ginobili looking like D-league players
    - Splitter continuing his mysterious decline
    - Another game with minimal energy, which has been a theme, all season(Manu commented on it in the article he released)..getting beaten to loose balls, making lazy passes, getting beat in transition, etc
    - Pop's strange rotations..another theme of the season

The regular season is meaningless in the NBA, but a lot of these players need to wake up, because they're playing very poorly..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting worked by an inconsistent Clippers team that the Spurs usually own and match up very well with..

Losing is one thing, but:

- Allowing 2 of the worst players in NBA history(Austin Rivers and 2015 Turkoglu) to outplay you
    - Allowing one of the worst big men in the league(Spencer Hawes) to look great on both ends
    - Parker and Ginobili looking like D-league players
    - Splitter continuing his mysterious decline
    - Another game with minimal energy, which has been a theme, all season(Manu commented on it in the article he released)..getting beaten to loose balls, making lazy passes, getting beat in transition, etc
    - Pop's strange rotations..another theme of the season

The regular season is meaningless in the NBA, but a lot of these players need to wake up, because they're playing very poorly..
    If pop doesnt care why should they. take patty out then expect him to bring this team back.
    I stopped watching btw game is over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely think too many guys are playing poorly, but this game had the makings of a Spurs ty loss. We could barely put away ty, depleted teams like the Lakers, Bucks, and Hornets. So the Clippers killing us right now isn't surprising to me. It is a concern though. Spurs need to wake up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, the Lakers loss was more embarrassing and the Bulls loss too because they were shorthanded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be suprised if this team is just waiting for the RRT as a starting off point. It's like watching a bunch of Robert Horrys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, the Lakers loss was more embarrassing and the Bulls loss too because they were shorthanded.
    Yeah but this one AT HOME and on national TV to the Clippers, that is embarassing man.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have always gotten blown out once a season by the Clippers since Chris Paul joined tbh..
    It usually happens in November/December and its in LA now San Antonio
    just happened to be that it happened this time tbh

its always a low scoring game too that they lose since they turn it over too much times
    the DeAndre Jordan reaction gif came from one of those games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Father Time has finally come to reap Manu and Tim. As has been mentioned, Duncan has been very underwhelming lately after his superb DPOY level start to the season. I think the big minutes killed him. Manu is in the same boat, and it really hurts our scoring versatility when he's not a threat. Without him contributing a consistent 13-15 points per game, the Spurs are easy to shutdown, since no other 2 guard on the team can create their own shot.

Then there's Parker, who is stuck in limbo. He would typically pick up the backcourt scoring and creating slack when Manu was having one of his off nights. Now that he seems "done," the Spurs backcourt might be the worst offensively among playoff teams. Leonard is only the player on this team right now who is a threat to score 20+ every game, which will make this offense more than predictable. Yeah, "The Beautiful Game" and all that, but all the passing in the world won't help if you can't finish the play off. And other than Leonard, no one seems to be able to throw it in the ocean.

Hopefully the All Star break recharges this team, but I think they have deeper issues than just fatigue. Duncan and Manu might've hit the age wall and Parker could be on his way to decline. I think the Spurs need to make some kind of move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget about:

- we were at home
    - we had multiple days of rest
    - they had just played in NO last night, and lost to them without Davis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They lost last night and was ticked
    Spurs should have known that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only reason I created this thread is because they got embarrassed by Austin Rivers, Turkoglu and Spencer Hawes, 3 of the worst players in the NBA..I'm not actually worried about anything outside of fatigue and Parker destroying the team..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offense is totally out of sorts and it starts with Parker and Manu playing like trash as playmakers. Start CoJo at this point and bring Parker/Patty fresh off bench (playing majority of minutes). Make starting lineup better defensively and not allow starters to get into rythym.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi got his numbers. That's the only thing that matters IMO....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets, Utah, Lakers... There are many embarrassing losses for this pathetic team this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just stay healthy, the rest can be fixed....

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi got his numbers. That's the only thing that matters IMO....
    All star selection is over tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Pop's beard jinx tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's definitely fatigue as well. 3 straight long, playoff runs with our team "leaders" having so much miles on their legs. And the gruesome December stretch. I don't know why Pop continues to run Duncan hard this month. As ty as Errors is, Duncan getting fresh is more important.

Leonard and Patty seem to be the only fresh players right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers, Nets, Utah, etc losses aren't embarrassing, good teams lose to ty teams all the time due to coasting/flukes and whatever..the Bulls loss was also on a night were Rose was making contested jump shots, which is extremely rare nowadays..

Losing to a good team with one of the worst benches in the league due to poor effort is annoying IMO..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This loss is exactly the kick in the ass the Spurs needed

Watch them , they will be on a roll

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how does Kawhi have the best stats and still have the worst +/-...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu made his free throws he gets confident his shots fall
    Spurs make a run anything can happen

Spurs got good looks in first half looked like they rested for a week could not hit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This loss is exactly the kick in the ass the Spurs needed

Watch them , they will be on a roll
    Yeah Pop has their attention and road trip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers one was fine. It was an annoying game winner but the team missed Leonard and Patty so the struggle wasn't surprising. The Bulls have been better without Joakim Noah this season.

This Clippers loss was just embarrassing, even though I wasn't surprised by the result. We got killed by the biggest scrubs in the league. It's like Bonner, Errors, and Daye going off on other teams at the same time. Losing by 20 at home is terrible.

Thread Information