Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes or no?

Rand Paul made an ass of himself this week in my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yeah, I think that parents that don't vaccinate their kids for the recommended ones are idiots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is that funny? Over 10% of parents choose not to vaccinate their kids because of misinformation.

The Jenny McCarthy autism thing reached a lot of stupid people. Apparently Rand Paul is one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yeah, I think that parents that don't vaccinate their kids for the recommended ones are idiots.
    Heh, I seem to remember someone making a thread about that....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry if I missed it. Life gets in the way sometimes. My intention was not to be redundant.

Just wondered where Libertarian vs. pretty much established science stood in here.

Greater good and all...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    SA210 waves his testicles at you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't been paying too much attention to the news lately but what did Rand Paul say to make an ass out of himself? Very quick search I just see him saying he thought most vaccines should be voluntary but people should get them, and they should be staggered over time rather than given all at once. None of that seems over the top to me.

I think most people who don't vaccinate their kids are idiots. Only exception that comes to mind are those who don't for religious reasons (still stupid but religious freedom and all) and maybe there are some medical conditions that would warrant not getting vaccines idk.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Rand supporter here, and yes he did. Glad he went back on what he said...no way he believes that as a physician.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is that funny? Over 10% of parents choose not to vaccinate their kids because of misinformation.

The Jenny McCarthy autism thing reached a lot of stupid people. Apparently Rand Paul is one of them.
    I find the "no" crowd to be hilarious, but in a sad way. Like they're REALLY stupid.

I don't care for Rand Paul nearly as much as I did Ron. Jenny McCarthy is a dangerous human being

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-vaccine megachurch hit with measles epidemic, now offering free vaccinations

An outbreak of the measles at Kenneth Copeland's Texas megachurch has gotten some attention because (1) measles is something children are generally vaccinated for, these days and (2) Kenneth Copeland is, of course, an anti-vaccine crackpot. In what seems to be yet another bitterly ironic attempt by God to teach noisy religious fundamentalists what-for, the church has thus become the epicenter of a small but worrisome outbreak that has so far infected 10 and resulted in the Department of State Health Services issuing an alert spanning North Texas.That has megachurch pastors doing a bit of fancy dancin', with Pastor Terri Pearson (Copeland's daughter) walking back their leader's anti-vaccination stance to explain to the congregation that no, God does not really want your children to contract a potentially dangerous disease that vaccinations have all but licked because duh.

"There are a lot of people that think the Bible -- we talk about walking by faith -- it leaves out things such as, I don't know, people just get strange. But when you read the Old Testament, you find that it is full of precautionary measures, and it is full of the law.
    Why did the Jewish people, why did they not die out during the plague? Because the Bible told them how to be clean, told them how to disinfect, told them there was something contagious. And the interesting thing of it, it wasn't a medical doctor per se who took care of those things, it was the priesthood…."

See there? Even back in the before-times, people were smart enough to know that if you could do a very simple thing in order to Not Die, you probably ought to do that thing and not just trust that all of God's various plagues and viruses had built-in piety detectors that would run away when they got a taste of the likes of religious
    you.
    Helpfully, the church now states that it was an unclean outsider that brought this evil into their midst, which is a bit of a cop-out:

Eagle Mountain International Church, about 50 miles northwest of Dallas, released a statement Tuesday that said a visitor attended a service who had been overseas and was exposed to measles.
    “Therefore the congregation, staff at Kenneth Copeland Ministries and the daycare center on the property were exposed through that contact,” the statement said.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...?detail=email#

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes or no?

Rand Paul made an ass of himself this week in my opinion.
    Yes. The desire to be different than Obama on almost any issue is an amusing Republican strategy.

And this is not the first week of course.

I think most of our anti vaccine nuts were eliminated during the Great Chumpdumper Psuedophoto Purge, which forwith shall be named as such.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

es have kids in their 40s and wonder why they come out all ed up.

That's why natural selection made women start going downhill bigtime by the mid 30s tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tangential, presumably ongoing in court:

http://www.skepticalraptor.com/skept...-actual-story/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA210 waves his testicles at you.
    tallies with my recollection: very fixated on his own junk.

what's his current ST username?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could understand the skepticism up until a couple of years ago. There was a scientific article with experimental data out there that linked autism and vaccines.

The author and the scientific community have since repudiated it but in the meantime I can respect the open mind. Now? Not so much.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/02/us...alth.html?_r=0

That is pretty good article discussing the dynamic in the now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    How many autistic kids have never had a vaccination before diagnosed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many autistic kids have never had a vaccination before diagnosed?
    autism has only been diagnosed for about 100 years. we've been using vaccines for over 200

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    A classmate of mine has a 4 yr old daughter that has Transverse Mylitis. She was never supposed to be able to walk. She will always be handicapped supposedly because of a vaccine.

I like to keep that in mind when that's up for discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was reading a lot of pediatricians won't see non-vaccinated children unless it's an emergency. Something about putting other patients at risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A classmate of mine has a 4 yr old daughter that has Transverse Mylitis. She was never supposed to be able to walk. She will always be handicapped supposedly because of a vaccine.

I like to keep that in mind when that's up for discussion.
    has she had polio or smallpox?

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    People grossly overstate the presence/influence/danger of the anti-vax movement.

But it's one subject where every person who ever vaccinated their kids feels qualified to be righteously indignant about and shout down any discussion.

All drugs have side effects, this is nothing new.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    has she had polio or smallpox?
    I'm going to assume no but take a look at a beautiful little 4 yr old girl on more crutch contraptions then tween Forest Gump and I bet you'd feel like as arse for judging them.

I don't know if they are vaccinating there next.

Thread Information